Skip navigation

thats torn it now with pics

Back to the top

thats torn it now with pics

paul_c said

bigdave said

could you not try welding a bolt to it or even sacrifice a socket and weld directly onto it?

What for? The pulley came off on its own, the main issue now is the piston/valve damage!!!

the rest of the bolt is still in there paul as for valve damage im going to be brutal and chuck the belt back on to see what happens as i was just pulling away i hit the clutch as soon as i heard the pulley pop :wink:

Back to the top
proberley loctited in so might be hard to shift and those bolts are normally hardened so wont get in there with a normal drill bit but it cant cost to much for one of those engines ? i am looking for an akn 2.5 diesael engine and cant find one

good luck

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
ABL engine looking at about ?500 minimum 8O

think im going to have to get brutal with it i dont think it will be locktited as my neighbour had the bolt out last year which is why i think its gone

i think he may have put it on on the tilt maybe

Back to the top
drill and an easy out put if its crossed it will be tough

the 2.5 engine for my dads audi is?1750 for an afb  8O

Back to the top
going to find the biggest club hammer i have and beat it to death them ill try and get the bolt out :wink:

Back to the top
http://www.audivwparts.co.uk/40041/info.php?p=1&pno=0

these guys are near you i think just emailed them about mine but the say they have abl engines in stock

Back to the top
yeah i emailed them yesterday but tbh im skint so need to fix it cheap as a hat :wink:

Back to the top
got my reply for the engine they want ?750+ vat 8O  8O  8O for a second hand lump with 91k on the clock

holy cow  :lol:

Back to the top

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
Center pop the shaft as near center as you can, get a left handed drill bit (engineering supplies place), this can help, as you force the drill bit in, it turns the stud the correct way and some times will draw out the stud, and with the warmth of the drill bit cutting any stud lock will soften and loosen.If this does not work, then get an easy out (stud extractor, a good quality one) and try that in the hole you made with the drill bit. Go easy, if you bust the extractor it will be more difficult.

As for the oil seal its a 32x47x10 (if its a 1.8 8v engine, sorry just noticed its a van!)

If not you should see three numbers as I have written them here, on your seal.
Just write them down, most engineering suppliers should be able to get them or a motor factors.

How the 3 numbers work below.

32 (ID inside diameter) 47(OD outside diameter) 10 is the depth all in mm

Chris

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
cheers for the advice so you dont think a big hammer will help :lol:

the left handed drill bit thing sounds like a plan :wink:

Back to the top
I only use a BIG hammers on repairs to electrical circuit boards  8O

Actually if you use a small drift and T**t the stub with a big hammer, the "shock" often loosens old bolts/studs, always worth a try before you go at it with a drill.

"every little helps"

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
cheers for the call jamie

one question which could be of importance

which way does the thread go on the bolt left or right handed as i know vw have a knack of making things hard :wink:

Back to the top
no its normal thread (undo is anti clockwise)

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top
we hope :lol:

going to do it saturday if i dont get the bolt out then a hefty hammer will be the measure of the day then i shall post said van through neighbours letterbox (thats who sold it to me)

Back to the top
cool, im prety sure that the bolt is normal thread, let me know how u get on with it, ive just bought another cabby today too :roll:

View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
yeah i read your post about the cabby so do i get a free leather interior for helping out with the megasquirt :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

whats it like up your end of the country looking for a weekend getaway next month

Back to the top
its nice up here ben, proper welsh roads!! the leather will be for sale (if it has it!!) only cus im putting recaros in mine, we might be able to sort somthing out though :wink: its gota be worth the spin to wales just to pick up my intereor if you have it!!

Back to the top
as long as its cheap :wink:

hmm welsh roads or country lanes as they are known here sounds fun :wink:

Back to the top
if it is leather and its tidy i will send you some pics, cus i know i dont want it!! i will let you know. whats cheap for a leather interior now though? no sarky comments please! what i mean is, whats the going rate for leather interior these days? they seem to go on the bay for about 300 quid!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.