Skip navigation

"Fire up the Quattro"

Back to the top

"Fire up the Quattro"

Steve_Matthews said

Surely if the Police are using an Audi quattro all you need to get away is a Lancia? ;)
if you can get it to start :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Steve_Matthews said

Surely if the Police are using an Audi quattro all you need to get away is a Lancia? ;)
if you can get it to start :D

I've had eight Lancias, my Delta GTie was 100% reliable 60% of the time!  You just have to keep on top of the injection system (ie carry spare throttle position senson, ignition amp/coil pack, water temp sensor and distibter and a full tool kit and you'll be fine)

Incidentally, both of my Lancia Y10's never missed a beat (unlike my Dedra 2.0ie which I blew up - lol)

Back to the top
Lancia catch a Quattro?.....Never - electrics would have caught fire before that it would have to me to catch up.... :lol:

Back to the top

bytor said

Lancia catch a Quattro?…..Never - electrics would have caught fire before that it would have to me to catch up…. :lol:

So just remind me who won the WRC Constructors Championship in a TWO WHEEL DRIVE car?! ;) lol

Back to the top
Ford? :lol:  :lol:

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

A5OPY said

chudd said

A5OPY said

this if your my age (44)

8O That old  :D Thought i was the only one on here who has to check the bed every morning for bits missing  :lol:
I look at it this way at our age we can truly appreciate the glory of the mk1 golf GTI as when we where first driving it was a car we thought we would never own I find my self looking at mine and saying to myself  " got one yess" this may sounds sad to the youngsters but they will never understand.

I was driving an Allegro!  :oops:  (Quite a quick, sportyish one, and I loved it, but an Allegro nevertheless!)

There was programme on telly with Joanna Lumley driving a cabby, and I thought 'One day, one day!'

When I got my first one in 98 I kept driving around thinking 'I got one!)

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
na! you'd need one of these bad boys!!!

guess what, you may be able to buy one new again soon:

gotta be woth it just for the steering wheel (does it look familiar to anyone?)

ok so saying you can buy it soon may be a bit of a porky but it has been seen on test tracks!

Back to the top
Ok back to ashes to ashes I notice whilst they were filming, its set in 1981 however the Quattro has the index  *** ***Y so that means it was registered in August 1982 or later  8O

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
I have also read it is set in 1985  :dontknow:

Oh no mk2 time……………………

The BBC say its 1981 though and they should know.

I we going to pick up on all the mistakes?

I think I will just to wind up the wife :wink:

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top

chriswizz said

I we going to pick up on all the mistakes?

I think I will just to wind up the wife :wink:

I bet ur one of those that sits and shouts at the telly 'Yeah! like that would happen in real life!' :wink:

Back to the top
I bet ur one of those that sits and shouts at the telly 'Yeah! like that would happen in real life!' :wink:

What you saying that The Bill, Sweeny and Hot Fuzz are not like real life i thought coppers acted like this  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
most of them do :lol:

Back to the top
Gene Hunt Arrives - Ashes To Ashes - BBC One - YouTube

look there it is in the back ground its a red one. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I can not wait untill tommorow  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D etc..

To see what the world looked like when I was 6.

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
looked the same as now but with 20% less flying cars. :mrgreen:

Back to the top

chriswizz said

I can not wait untill tommorow  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D etc..

To see what the world looked like when I was 6.
I was 17 and within 12 months i would own my first car and my first mk1
a 1.1 series 1 :D  reg HEN106N if my memory serves me correct
FIRE UP THE 1.1 MK1 :oops:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Here's an even better one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enn6zc9ug-o

Cracking shot with it driving head-on then hand brake turning. Oh my God… This is already the best show on TV and I've not even watched it yet! It looks liked they have designed the show round the car! What an 80s icon. Hunt and the Quattro.

I just hope they have him using a mobile phone the size of set of golf clubs!

I love the 80s, its my decade (man). 8)

1983 Schwartz Black Mk1 Golf GTI Campaign

2001 Golf TDI S Estate

2004 330i M Sport Convertible

Edinburgh, Scotland

Back to the top
Mk1 in it tonight I recon :D

1.30h to go…………….

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
On tonight and the female lead role(Keeley Hawes) is one foxy chic 8)  8)  My wife wonders why I like it so much :dontknow:  :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.