1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
lol :D
not much clearance in those arches john. can't wait to get some coilovers on mine, your ride looks the shiznit sat low on those 15's.

don't think there are any on the roads i'm thinking of.

ash

Back to the top
not sure i'm always on the bike so it dont remember them. i seem to think there are some on the bottom of the cat and fiddle road but i might be wrong.

Back to the top
So it's looking like Buxton area then?  :dontknow:

Back to the top
yeah, buxton sounds good, just hope we can get everyone down that came to  the west yorks meet on sunday, all the wrexham and chester lot and the other people that showed an interest in the west yorks meet.

there's plenty of room in the arches ash, never rub, no room under the wishbone mounts though, probably an inch and a half off the ground 8O

your car will look mint on coilies, i proper love it :D

thought i'd start a list

dope_as
novocaine
adibateman
dannyd
gammygolfgti
a5opy
mk1john

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Change the title and put times and dates in towards the end of the month! Also some rough direction would be good for all the newbie's that are joining the site!

I think this might be a good turn out if the weathers right! 8)

Back to the top
good idea re: editing the title of this post with time and date etc…

shall we go with last sunday of the month again?
that would be the 24th of feb.

a slightly later time would be better for me as i had to give up my sunday morning bike ride last sunday, not something that i will do often!

meet at 1 or 2pm?  :pray:

i'll sort a map or some directions too.

ash

Back to the top
right guys!

meeting point, cat and fiddle?

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

mk1john said

right guys!

meeting point, cat and fiddle?

??? i thought we were meeting at the arches in buxton? then going for a cruise up and around errwood to the cat and fiddle?

well, that was my selfish plan anyway. :D

Back to the top
sounds good ash, i have no idea about buxton :lol:

are you able to get us a rough postcode?

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
danny can i just follow you?? meet up before hand and then meet gammy or sumit?drop me a pm please dan

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top
All sounds good to me.

I just need to check with work when I'm in then give me a postcode/address and me and the satnav can find our way there.

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
me and adi will meet you then dave, and follow you and your scat-nav

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
anyone from this side of the world (or atleast living here) might be worth meeting at the truck stop on the m56 m6 junction and convoy up the back roads.

smokey and the bandit style "good buddy"

Back to the top
here's my idea of the cruise route starting from the arches in buxton (see map), though we could start at the cat and fiddle, drop down into buxton and loop back round. :)

hold on, map link not working…!

ash

Back to the top
End of Feb sounds good to me we need to think about the pub that we are thinking of having some din dins at as when we met this week at west Yorks, tables where a premium perhaps we need numbers asap then look at the map choose a big  pub and book a table for 30ish :D
somewhere close to Buxton would be ideal, the driving roads round there are second to none. but if you feel its to far to travel dont worry you can see the pics of the meet as I for one will be taking the camera  :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
i'm not sure if the car park at th cat and fiddle will be big enough! we were lucky with the car park at hare and hounds

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
c&f car park is not bad as most people are there on bikes and parked out front.

food wise not sure of any pubs in buxton but will ask a friend who drinks there for a good one. he knows most of them because he's on a quiz team.

i will have to go for a scout on the bike this weekend if the weathers any good.(any excuse)

Back to the top
chuffing google map!
car i say chuff?
cut and paste this into googlemap for dierections: Sylvan Park Car Park @53.259220, -1.907720

pubs are always the tricky bit, especially if loads of us come out. :)

will have a think. does it have to be a sunday dinner thing? i suppose its too cold right now to be outside…

Back to the top
wow, some contributions been made to the Buxton thread today  :) . Rather than just meeting at the Cat & Fiddle, why dont W.Yorks workout a meeting point like Hartshead Moor or somewhere that suits and convoy down and the Cheshire/Wrexham meet at one of our usual points and also convoy across, it's all part of the fun in the drive to the destination in being in a group.  For those that may find getting to one of the starting points takes them too far out of the way, then they can go directly to the Cat & Fiddle  :y: and we'll see them there, I know I could go directly to Buxton from Telford, but I prefer to go up to Wrexham/Chester or Lymn Truck stop and go as a convoy across. So when we get finer details sorted start up two seperate threads, one  for W.Yorkies February meet and one for Cheshire/Wrexhams February meet, giving meeting point for convoy and times and carry on using this thread for the fine tuning.
Does that sound right, or have I just made things sound over complicated?  :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.