Back to the top

Calling all Scottish members

X5PEA - Edinburgh
divweir - Glasgow
Eck - Musselburgh
Cero - Glasgow
budweiser - Glasgow
brightblue - ?????
lefthooker - Glasgow (but willing to go anywhere in Central Belt)
Bluedub - Dunfermline
aburdmk1 - Falkirk
Gordon - Edinburgh
Stuarty & son - Bonnybridge

Back to the top
Any more thoughts on where meet will be yet? My Falkirk Wheel suggestion is still in there, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Back to the top
How about a Brewer's Fayre or something similar?  :dontknow:

We went to one for the second scottish meet thanks to Day_release's suggestion & there was plenty of parking & we went for some food too…bonus!

There are lots of them dotted all over the place.

Back to the top

Eck said

How about a Brewer's Fayre or something similar?

Good idea. That's where club GTI used to meet years ago.

There is one in Falkirk, just off the M9 which is easy access for Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, Central belt etc…

1983 Schwartz Black Mk1 Golf GTI Campaign

2001 Golf TDI S Estate

2004 330i M Sport Convertible

Edinburgh, Scotland

Back to the top
The one in falkirk is actually down at grangemouth. It's called Cadgers Brae, about 500 yards from the motorway exit. Not a massive car park, but enough room for the people thats down to go & if it does get too busy, there's a garden centre right next to it which also has a decent size car park

Back to the top
What about meeting @ KNOCKHILL hot hatch day? Only thing is we would have to pay to get in.

Back to the top

aburdmk1 said

What about meeting @ KNOCKHILL hot hatch day? Only thing is we would have to pay to get in.

Could be a good shout. It means a longer day for the Westies but could be good fun for those brave enough to take their motors onto the track with the Nova GTEs!!!

2001 Golf TDI S Estate

Edinburgh, Scotland

Back to the top
If your brave enough, my brother might take you round in his VR6 track car??? :lol:

83 Driver 1.3 - Mine
88 Alfa Spider - Wife's
02 Mondeo Zetec 'S' V6 - Kids Shuttle

Back to the top
Sold! I'd be well up for that and will be at the front of the queue!

2001 Golf TDI S Estate

Edinburgh, Scotland

Back to the top
Hey! My young Bro-Vr6 told me that Knockhill is Sun 24th Feb if there's any takers??  PUT YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR!!  8)

Back to the top
Sorry dudes, off to Hong Kong that weekend for a freebie from work! :D

2001 Golf TDI S Estate

Edinburgh, Scotland

Back to the top
i dont think i'll be making any meets until i get the MK1 on the road.

'83 MK I Golf 1.3CL

Back to the top
Any other dates suit anybody??

Back to the top
Sorry folks, but I won't make it.  :( I was over-ruled by my wife about retaxing the car. She has a point, I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've been out in it since summer, so by mutual agreement (which means I don't get a say) It's not getting taxed til nearer the summer, so taking the chance to get the wheels off, give them a good clean & a coat of paint. Hopefully they'll be a few meets, when the weather brightens up a bit, that I might get to.

Back to the top
its a no from me as well sadly, got stuff on that weekend

Back to the top

x5pea said

its a no from me as well sadly, got stuff on that weekend

I can't make it that weekend either  :cry:

Chris,

Since you started the thread I was assuming you were going to arrange the meet  :dontknow:

Is it definately knockhill on the 24th Feb?

That was the trouble with the last two meets, it needs someone to say this is were its at & on what date.

Do we not have a regional representative?

Anyone heard from Andrew recently? (marsredgti)

Back to the top
Sorry guys! Knockhill was only an idea from me, like the other suggestions i was waiting to hear what was happening as i'm new here… :oops:

Back to the top

Eck said

Chris,

Since you started the thread I was assuming you were going to arrange the meet  :dontknow:

Is it definately knockhill on the 24th Feb?

That was the trouble with the last two meets, it needs someone to say this is were its at & on what date.

Do we not have a regional representative?

I started this thread as a roll call of scottish members so we could guage interest and locations. I did ask that we try and keep this thread to a list of names and discussions be continued on another thread.

Andrew is the regional rep from what i understand.

Im not trying to take over andrews roll i was simply trying to gather a list of names and locations in an attempt to collate a scottish member list.

Back to the top

x5pea said

I started this thread as a roll call of scottish members so we could guage interest and locations. I did ask that we try and keep this thread to a list of names and discussions be continued on another thread.

Im not trying to take over andrews roll i was simply trying to gather a list of names and locations in an attempt to collate a scottish member list.

I wasn't meaning to have a go at anyone with my last post, its a good idea to do a roll call and I didn't mean to infer that you were trying to take over from Andrew. Apologies if thats how it came across. I was just wondering what had happened to him as I haven't seen any posts from him in a while now.

The members list in the regions section definately needs updating!  :y:

Back to the top

x5pea said

:starwars:    :wink:

Hello Guys!

Sorry for my absence. I would love to roll off an amazing excuse, possibly involving uni work or some elaborate scheme involving twin turbos and the golf but sadly there is none! Anyway, here now!

It looks like the 24th is not a great date for everyone so I propose the second Sunday in March (9th) at the Falkirk wheel. Please write down if you can attend and if your car can also!

Oh, and I may pop along on the 24th if anyone is going?

List:
marsredgti-yes-in mk1!  :D

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.