Skip navigation

bloody insurance!

Back to the top

bloody insurance!

1650! a year! that is a steaming pile of romeo and juliet.

asda car insurance is def not the cheapest out there, anyone with some great ideas who i should speak to?

Back to the top
Probably an estate agent……or your driving instructor.

What are your circumstances? Postcode, age, years NCB, occupation, accidents/claims/convictions, marital status, points on licence, car covered, etc etc.

Back to the top
as above but also try adrian flux.

Back to the top
2 years NCB, IT Manager, no accidents (that where my fault or where claimed for for that matter) postcode GU1 4bu -car is parked in a secured, camera'ed 2 gated, private car park that you need a card to get into, living with partner, no points, 1.8 golf cabro rivage.

its guildford! its meant to be posh! im in a bloody executive apartment for christsakes! i work for the goverment! im the apitome of low milage because i dont use the car for work as i catch the train into london… bloody liberties.
edit: and im 28 in 3 days time

Back to the top

Re: bloody insurance!

Skipback said

asda car insurance is def not the cheapest out there, anyone with some great ideas who i should speak to?

thats way too high, or is it because rivage/clippers dont qualify for classic insurance yet ?  :dontknow:

83  1.5 gl all black                          sold
86  1.8 gti cab all black light mods.   restoring
87  1.8gti cab standard helios blue.   daily driver
91  1.8 auto cab gold clipper.           breaking

Back to the top
crikey! mines ?200 a year. fully comp, park on street, 15k per yr. full no claims and 36 in da post code. age and no claims do make a difference but that sounds extortionate.

Back to the top
Yep, it does seem high. Some companies just don't like anything except family cars, they'll still insure others but will bump up the premium, as they have done in your case. Asda is for groceries, I think, in this case…

Back to the top

Re: bloody insurance!

opentopvw said

Skipback said

thats way too high, or is it because rivage/clippers dont qualify for classic insurance yet ?  :dontknow:
ive got a classic insurer to phone me back to find out what he can do for me… bloody liberties i tells ya.

Back to the top

wooders said

crikey! mines ?200 a year. fully comp, park on street, 15k per yr. full no claims and 36 in da post code. age and no claims do make a difference but that sounds extortionate.

they obviously think im a hairdresser, or worse, "emo"

Back to the top

paul_c said

Yep, it does seem high. Some companies just don't like anything except family cars, they'll still insure others but will bump up the premium, as they have done in your case. Asda is for groceries, I think, in this case…

im going to shop for food at sainsburys from now on, i think your right on the "dont like anything but family cars" ive also been told it might be the lack of seatbelts in the back….

Back to the top

Skipback said

paul_c said

im going to shop for food at sainsburys from now on, i think your right on the "dont like anything but family cars" ive also been told it might be the lack of seatbelts in the back….

Hmmm, seatbelts. Its either modified or it isn't…. Can't you simply bolt back in the lap belts that a cabby came with? You could convincingly say its not modified, just a "work in progress" WRT the belts, and if you didn't sit anyone in the back, there's no problem.

Back to the top
no one ever goes in the back, and ive had those seats out repeatedly and cant see any bolting points, however, i shall go err "buy" some and give it a bash when she comes back from timski's garage of wonder.

i honestly didnt think the seatbelts could be an issue, i guess however im wrong.

Back to the top

Skipback said

no one ever goes in the back, and ive had those seats out repeatedly and cant see any bolting points, however, i shall go err "buy" some and give it a bash when she comes back from timski's garage of wonder.

i honestly didnt think the seatbelts could be an issue, i guess however im wrong.

Did you tell the insurance company there's no seatbelts in the back of the car?

Back to the top
no, they told me off the spec of the car….and… bugger and i agreed with them, ok my fault :(

boy do i feel dumb now.

Back to the top

Skipback said

no, they told me off the spec of the car….and… bugger and i agreed with them, ok my fault :(

boy do i feel dumb now.

What exactly did they tell you about the spec and what did you agree to?

Back to the top
they said " thats a golf 1.8 cabriolet, blue, then a bunch of stuff about milage and then they finished with "those have no back seatbelts correct?" and i just agreed….
like i said, my fault :(

elephant have said 696 Per Year so im going to prob. go with them… not sure what they are like but it gets me covered again.

roll on getting the car back i say.

Back to the top
AFAIK all cabbys in the UK came as standard with rear seat belts. I know my 1984 model did, not sure about the earlier models. But certainly the later models should have them.

Back to the top
that shouldn't really affect the price that much though, surely?
have you tried confused.com or onlinequote.com?

Back to the top
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ok ill get onto tim at some point and ask him to re check those seats for me, maybe its not that, maybe its because i live in the town center… maybe its because i work for the government, or maybe its ebcause i live with dirty students.

this needs some more investigation methinks

Back to the top

wooders said

that shouldn't really affect the price that much though, surely?
have you tried confused.com or onlinequote.com?

yes i got a quote off elephant for 600 odd so i prob will go with that
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.