Skip navigation

"fastest clipper in the uk"

Back to the top

"fastest clipper in the uk"

My 14.15 gives an equivalent 0-60 time of 5.7 secs based on that calculator. But I'm not claiming mine is faster….since the car is as I see it, unproven. The 215bhp is very suspect, given the 0-60 time he's achieved. More like 160bhp, if you type the numbers into the calculator.

Back to the top
There was a very well sorted 2 litre G60 silver hatch running 12s a couple of years ago, so I would say this cab would be a fair bit slower than that.

Also needs a charger rebuild due to stage 4s and smaller pulleys reducing the charger life from the normal 30-40k. Quite a few Jabbasport rebuilds blowing up too, including mine…

Banner

Back to the top
No point going fast, people don't get chance to have a good look.  :wink:
If fast is what you want tho' I know a geezer darn sarf who can get his hands on a couple of Boeing 777 jet engines on the cheap.
He's told me they only need the timing doing and a new loom!  :shhh:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
from personal experience it would be hard to get a cabby into the low 13s im currently doing some mods to give me a fighting chance but i think it will be a lost cause

it doesnt matter how much bhp you have when that roof balloons its like having a giant air break

Back to the top

paul_c said

Topoftherange said

you cant assume your car is faster based on a picture and some boastfull words!

0-60 mph and 1/4 mile times are closely related, obviously due to the physics of what's happening during acceleration. Others have built up empirial formulae to link:

power
weight
1/4 mile times
0-60mph times

which have been proven to be reasonably accurate. An example of one is here:

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

Now, a 0-60mph time of 7 secs, gives an (approx) 1/4 mile time of 15.4 secs. A 1.4 mile time of 13 secs equates to a 0-60 of (approx) 4.6 secs. Quite a difference there…..

I dont mean any of that bumf……..i mean in REAL on the road terms, figures and stats are all well and good but unless they are consistantly achieved or able to be repeeated over and over by different drivers then its all pointless.

Just dont know how all the conclusions can be reached by looking at an ebay picture of a car thats all

ALL Chargers can fail whoever rebuilds them, just like engines, i had my Rallye charger done by Jabba when it had done 89k and it was 100% spot on after and still is to this day in the hands of the new owner.

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
You're right in that stats and performance figures don't mean everything. But in this case, they prove that the seller doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't know how well a G60 cabby would go either - I'd be worried the handling and braking wasn't up to scratch with too big a hike in BHP. Having said that, it goes for any other modified car too…..

Back to the top
I want a vr in mine, As we know their fast, itd just handle crap i guess.

Has any one done one so they know how well they handle?

Also the thought of dank little wheels get rewind by that.

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

ALL Chargers can fail whoever rebuilds them, just like engines, i had my Rallye charger done by Jabba when it had done 89k and it was 100% spot on after and still is to this day in the hands of the new owner.

I am sure it depends on who did the rebuild, but on a standard charger Jabba only give 6 months warranty, many other places give 12 months. Plus quite a few threads over on Club GTi about Jabba rebuilds going bang. So when I looked for mine I went on this feedback and who gave the best written warranty.

Banner

Back to the top
Yeah agreed, some companies seem to have caught up and passed the old Jabba days.

My mate swears by G-werks now, as i said in my mot thread I got offered a superb dark mettalic Blue standard Original H plate G60 Corrado today with only 60k on it and 2 owners.

the charger has only done 200 miles since its rebuild 8O  as the guy works out of the country and is now selling up and emigrating permanently, Jabba did that charger, but its not modded just a straight re build, apex seals and bearings etc so i would hope/say it was all in order!!

You can lay hands on a new charger from Germany now for about ?800 and some will sell you the seal kits and belts now aswell so its not beyond doing it yourself for a straight rebuild

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

Back to the top
too pussy for the vr then....?

Back to the top
eh?

Go deliver some pizza

Back to the top
Oooooo

:lmao:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
:clap:

Back to the top
:roll:

:lol:  :y:  :clap:  :dance:

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

fulltiimejunglist said

too pussy for the vr then….?

oh dear how many strikes is that ???? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Three & Yooooooooooouuuuuuur Out!!!!!!
Flat on his arse at the bottom of the ninth   :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

fulltiimejunglist said

but a pussies are cute, furry and love being stroked. why would that warrant a strike?

Back to the top

wooders said

bens_cab said

fulltiimejunglist said

but a pussies are cute, furry and love being stroked. why would that warrant a strike?

It doesn't in itself, but we would take action on the offence caused or perceived to be caused. For example if someone conducted a personal attack on another forum member, which went above & beyond plain old banter. I'm sure in this case TOTR can give as good as he gets.

Back to the top
Twas a random post by the young ruffian "fulltimementalist"

replied to and dealt with in a single bound :lol:  

Anyone for Pims and tennis….

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

Twas a random post by the young ruffian "fulltimementalist"

replied to and dealt with in a single bound :lol:  

Anyone for Pims and tennis….

fancy a game of tennis? mixed doubles?

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.