Skip navigation

CONTROLING PETROL PRICES!

Back to the top

CONTROLING PETROL PRICES!

M7R said

as pointed out the main problem is tax. the forcourt only makes a couple of pence per l sold, and also as stated they share, i know for a fact tesco are supplied by esso, some of their express places that are part of a petrol station even say eo on them!

we pay a fuel duty TAX, along with the cost of the fuel, and then added to that sub total we pay VAT!!! so on fuel we are taxed twice!!!!!!!!!

I hate to say it but i would even consider living in france, as petrols not too bad and diesel gets a tax brake as it costs less to make and uses less energy to make it, and its cleaner,

Comparison of motoring taxation across EU countries:

http://www.scotlandoff…publications/motor_xl.htm

Summary: Cost of running a car in France, 9.2% of purchase price per year; cost in UK, 6.9%. All the details are in the link!

Back to the top
that's based on fuel being 80p litre and not 106p.
 it's also a table of statistics compiled by the government! i bet the french government could do a similar chart and come out on top.

Back to the top
it also shows no toll fees for u.k. and does not give an exchange rate for comparison.

Back to the top
Yeah its a bit out of date, but you can recalculate if you want. I reckon it will still come out cheaper, though, with up-to-date figures in it. The key is in the French VAT being 19.2%, huge new car registration fee and lots of tolls. Bon voyage.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Yeah its a bit out of date, but you can recalculate if you want. I reckon it will still come out cheaper, though, with up-to-date figures in it. The key is in the French VAT being 19.2%, huge new car registration fee and lots of tolls. Bon voyage.

Have you driven on the toll roads Paul??
On one of my trips to Austria i decided to take the toll roads,it was like driving on a billiard table plus it was totally empty of traffic and it only cost me about 30 euros too.
The French really do know how to build decent roads IMO.
The countryside also is immaculate and the prices for fuel and food/guesthouses have always been cheaper than here when i`v been not to mention houseprices,mate,the list is endless,the fact is we get ripped off for EVERYTHING.

keep on keeping on

Back to the top

Timski said

paul_c said

Have you driven on the toll roads Paul??
On one of my trips to Austria i decided to take the toll roads,it was like driving on a billiard table plus it was totally empty of traffic and it only cost me about 30 euros too.
The French really do know how to build decent roads IMO.
The countryside also is immaculate and the prices for fuel and food/guesthouses have always been cheaper than here when i`v been not to mention houseprices,mate,the list is endless,the fact is we get ripped off for EVERYTHING.

I'm only illustrating the motoring costs aspect, not the other aspects of a different country. Yes I have driven on French roads and they are overall better than ours. True for Italy too.

Back to the top
it's easy to state that it's cheaper to live in other countries but are the wages the same?

Back to the top
I think its always a case there's a perception "the grass is greener" somewhere else. But is it?

Back to the top

paul_c said

I think its always a case there's a perception "the grass is greener" somewhere else. But is it?

I`m going on what i`v actually seen with my own eyes having travelled around the world from as far north as Norway and as far south as Australia.
I worked in Europe and have spent a lot of time there as i go every year now so i am speaking from my own experience there.
If the UK is so great why doesnt anything work properly??you go on a train,its old and dirty,costs a fortune and you get huge delays,the NHS,we pay huge taxes from our GDP and its wasted on managers to look after managers etc etc and you wait months to see people who you get to see in weeks in Europe.
The roads,dont even get me strated on them :banghead: it takes me two and half hours from my place in Surrey to my mums which is 90 miles away!in that time i`m half way across France when i drive on a trip to Germany and i`v never been stuck in a traffic jam.
Oh and weekends,a typical British town you take your life into your own hands going out as there is so much drunken violence and women falling all over the place drunk,i`v never seen that in Europe apart from a bit at the VW show in Worthersee when there was 120,000  people there over the course of a week but i`v not seen it like it is here.
Anti social behaviour,lets look at that,the kids here do what they like and cant be touched as our laws are a joke,in Europe most nations still have national service which sorts people out at a young age teaching dicipline and respect which is sadly lacking in our own society.
The list is endless so i can only say to you peeps is go and take a look for yourselves and then you`ll know for sure that we are getting Royaly shafted.

keep on keeping on

Back to the top

Timski said

Anti social behaviour,lets look at that,the kids here do what they like and cant be touched as our laws are a joke,in Europe most nations still have national service which sorts people out at a young age teaching dicipline and respect which is sadly lacking in our own society.

Been saying teh same for years…

so where you off to then?????

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Timski said

Been saying teh same for years…

so where you off to then?????

I`m off to Germany first for most of the summer so i get to at least take  my Sportline to thrash around in then i`m off to Vietnam in Set Oct time.
I`m hoping to settle fulltime in Germany though but we will see!
Just bloody glad i`m leaving! :D

keep on keeping on
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.