Skip navigation

Fifth Gear GTi Request - this week!

Back to the top

Fifth Gear GTi Request - this week!

mk1turbo said

I cant beleive no one has stepped up for this one. If didnt live so far away i would have dragged the golf out the garage. Its a T.V appearance guys !!surely there is someone in the london region that could go along. Im sure there must be some way to confirm it is legit.

They said you could go around the 5th gear studio, n where its filmed, so dont leave your car until ur at the studio surely? N when you get there, swap keys with the Producer, so you have his keys, and he has ur or summet? I really cant see this is dodgy, but u never know i suppose  :roll:

N17K CP

Back to the top
Interesting that GTIgraham hasnt responded to the thread yet as well…

shame my GTI isnt that nice otherwise I'd be there..

Back to the top
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies… and I can safely say I'm nothing to do with a scam!

Obviously the car doesn't have to be perfect - just look decent enough to sit along side a mk5 without ashaming itself. It would be difficult to jusitify using a convertible so tin tops only please. There will be no interior shots, so as long as it's free from scabs, pretty much standard and nice and shiny it will probably be fine

The car also won't be driven by any of us as it will just be used as a prop to demonstrate what progress and similarities are apparent between in and a mk5.

I know it's really short notice - we were hoping to do this in 3 weeks time but as always, things change quickly.

If you think your car can fit the bill, please PM me some pictures and your phone number and I'll give you a call.

11am, tomorrow (wednesday morning) in North London.

You can email me at graham.smiles@northonetv.com to go straight to my work email. Hopefully speak to one of you soon…

1983 Mars Red GTi - the car may be older than me, but it can still run faster...

Back to the top
Sorry mine isnt good enough... Too many scabs and not shiny enough

Back to the top
think its the wrong time of year for this most people who own a truely mint one wont take it out in this weather.

Back to the top
If you wanna pay something towards the ferry from the Isle of man to liverpool and a nights accomodation ill risk driving her all the way down south. Recon ?250 would go some of the way to cover my expenses.  

Sounds cheeky i know but its quite a trek in a mk1! If i lived on the main land id be driving down already for this opertunity, cant beleive there isnt a fight going on for the chance of hearing VBH snort dirtily in the flesh lol..

Garage:
83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign - Mars Red - Totally Standard
78 Honda Civic 1200 Hondamatic - Silver
07 Honda Civic ES 2.2 CDi - Black, all the options!

Back to the top
I would email him directly

that looks a spot on car for the job IMO

Back to the top
That looks sweet, and an origional example  :P

N17K CP

Back to the top

novocaine said

think its the wrong time of year for this most people who own a truely mint one wont take it out in this weather.

I can't believe that mate. This is a golden opportunity to get your pride and joy on TV. It doesn't have to  be concourse just good nick. Let's be honest they know it's an old car and wont be expecting on eoff the production line.

Come on Lawsy how scabby is scabby? Are we talking rabbid dog or just in need of a good wash and brush up?

Tian

Back to the top

Tian said

novocaine said

I can't believe that mate. This is a golden opportunity to get your pride and joy on TV. It doesn't have to  be concourse just good nick. Let's be honest they know it's an old car and wont be expecting on eoff the production line.

Come on Lawsy how scabby is scabby? Are we talking rabbid dog or just in need of a good wash and brush up?

Tian

Have Pm'd with him, he's after original looking with original alloys etc..
Mine's basic, doesnt have quad lights, no GTI badges, non standard alloys, quite a bit of surface rust under sills and wouldnt just cut it..
He said interior isnt important which is a shame tho, as my interior aint too bad…
Here's how she stands now…

Back to the top
Ahh well, shame really.

Looks like we may have missed a chance to promote the site and on a personal note get a bit of glory for the chosen owner.

Tian :roll:

Back to the top

Tian said

Ahh well, shame really.

Looks like we may have missed a chance to promote the site and on a personal note get a bit of glory for the chosen owner.

Tian :roll:

Yeah i know, unless someone reads this thread tonight and throws a 'sicky' tomorrow and gets up there..

But seeing I'm also the stig  :dontknow:  LOL i shouldnt be allowed along either

LOL

Back to the top
yeah, looks a bit late in the day now!

We'll just have to make do with the mk5 GTi on it's own… we'll be giving the car away on 11th February so tune in and for a ?1 text you could have that one too

Thanks for your help, I might be buying another mk1 for the summer, so might be back soon

Cheers
Graham

1983 Mars Red GTi - the car may be older than me, but it can still run faster...

Back to the top
my cars not a gti and is far from mint as it lives on the drive. it is however original. but i live in warrington which is a long way from london. otherwise i'd have thrown my hat in the ring.

Back to the top
will you be able to reply to people who see this add tonight, as more people will be on-line tonight then today.

Might be an idea to put your number up, just incase,

just a thought   :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Back to the top
It's all a bit too late now, which is a real shame - but my fault.

Manx_gti's car looks perfect for the job… if I had the time I wanted to sort it out, it would have been a definite.

Seeing as it would only be on the screen for about 10 secs it's really not worth the hassle and expense of coming down though.

Again, thanks for all the help - if I can find another excuse to get a mk1 on the TV I'll come straight back here.

There's always a next time!

Cheers

Back to the top
Just pm'd you…

Back to the top
Mine's still off the road in bits!  :cry:

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
mines on the road but only just read this! would have done though.oh well

Back to the top

ethan said

mines on the road but only just read this! would have done though.oh well

that looks mint mate   :mrgreen:

got any more pics
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.