Skip navigation

Fifth Gear GTi Request - this week!

Back to the top

Fifth Gear GTi Request - this week!

Hi,

We're doing a feature on buying a mk5 Golf GTi on Fifth Gear… which we're filming on Wednesday 23rd.

I'd really like to have a mk1 GTi at the studio to give the Mk5 some historical context. I used to own one and post on these forums a while back… but for some reason got rid of A883 YRX.

I know it's very short notice… but is anyone available with their tidy looking mk1 Golf Gti for some filming at ACe Cafe, North London on Wednesday at around 11am?

Thanks a lot!

Graham, Fifth Gear Researcher

1983 Mars Red GTi - the car may be older than me, but it can still run faster...

Back to the top
Can`t believe no one has replied to this yet, i don`t even own a tintop so counts me out, but am sure some1 on here would love there car on the telly   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
was just about to say could do with moving into mk 1 golf chat

then hey presto it gets moved

Back to the top
I'm only around the corner and if I had a Tintop I'd be there.

Tian :cry:

Back to the top

Re: Fifth Gear GTi Request - this week!

gtigham said

Hi,

We're doing a feature on buying a mk5 Golf GTi on Fifth Gear… which we're filming on Wednesday 23rd.

I'd really like to have a mk1 GTi at the studio to give the Mk5 some historical context. I used to own one and post on these forums a while back… but for some reason got rid of A883 YRX.

I know it's very short notice… but is anyone available with their tidy looking mk1 Golf Gti for some filming at ACe Cafe, North London on Wednesday at around 11am?

Thanks a lot!

Graham, Fifth Gear Researcher

Graham
I could be there on wednesday no problem at all, only about an hours drive, I've a black Y reg MK1 GTI, but its not what you'd call very tidy.

Back to the top
If my car was roadworthy I'd be up there like a shot!! :banghead:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
would of been nice to take mine down but not enough notice… :banghead:

Back to the top
Would a floppy do, or has it got to be a hard on....e

N17K CP

Back to the top

vdub_mk1 said

Would a floppy do, or has it got to be a hard on….e

Hobson's choice by the looks of it as the tintops aren't exactly stepping up to the plate in their droves.

Tian :cry:

Back to the top
non gti and way to far away so thats a no for me

Back to the top
If mine was finnished, i would drive all the way from wales! This is a chance to get your mk1 golf on 5th gear, and hardly anyones jumping at the chance?!?  :roll:   :dontknow:

N17K CP

Back to the top
if was top gear it may be a different story. hehe :lol:

Back to the top
surly some one from the club must be available to have there car on the telly, maybe even with a big club sticker in the window  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I think a lot of people are shy of wether or not their car is 'good enough' to be on tv  :roll:
Im know theres people in the club with nice tin top mk1's! Just look at the post a fav pic of your ride section! Loads!  :wink:

N17K CP

Back to the top

Kenno said

surly some one from the club must be available to have there car on the telly, maybe even with a big club sticker in the window  :lol:  :lol:

PM someone mate, if you think their ride is good enough.

Tian

Back to the top
Dont no which people on here have good enough cars to take.

shall i do the dreaded thing and put this up on ed38 or somewhere and see if any1 has a standard mk1 on there   :dontknow:

Back to the top
just thought though, then the club won`t be getting no advertising  :roll:

Back to the top
kenno, look at the "fave pic of your car" thread, PM Some one off it and tell them your sure their car is good enough - the problem is we are all a bunch of obsessive perfectionists and the cars will never be good enough in our eyes.

Back to the top
I'd imagine the bigger problem is the timeline, i can make it as I've nothing on tomorrow, but my GTi is a bit shabby and would only discourage.. but its a well used 173k one..

My only concern would be, is this guy for real, or it a scam, show up at the ace with a camera, point it at the car, hand the keys over they drive off and it never re-appears…
Its probably for real, but I always think about the worse things…

Back to the top
I cant beleive no one has stepped up for this one. If didnt live so far away i would have dragged the golf out the garage. Its a T.V appearance guys !!surely there is someone in the london region that could go along. Im sure there must be some way to confirm it is legit.

Mk1 Lahsa green, BBS RM, Mk1 Silver Campaign, Mk5 GT TDi, Audi A4 Avant S Line
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.