Skip navigation

cheap wax

Back to the top

cheap wax

dont know if its any good but at this price worth a look may not be good enough for some of your super shiny stuff but saves using expensive stuff allthe time

so i bought some in halfords cleatranc at the mo

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
its probably alright?? i personally only use the meguiars stuff, 3 stage, paint clean, polish then a wax, they all do a different job, and if you used a decent polish before then that wax im sure it would give a good finish

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
it all depends.. like top of the range, i use meguiars. and ive only found 1 brand better.

for ?1 you're not going to get a great finish from it, but i suppose for a quid you wouldn't expect it.

Sure, that wax will do the job, but it wouldn't be what I would call clean [note of my impecably high standards]

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
to be honest turtle wax has never been that bad, it will bring a shine up but it wont be as good a quality as meguiars ofcourse

i think the same goes for everything, you get what u pay for an my altime best… buy cheep buy twice haha

Back to the top
I use AutoGlym..

Always worked well, found that you dont get enough in the containers though…

Is that right. Are you meant to only get 2 Cleans out of a bottle? Say for example "bodywork shampoo" ??

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
Oh and I dont think the price is much to do with the quality on this occasion with the turtlewax

Its obviously a one off, and there is always a reason for a one off…
They might have got them for free off "Turtle" due to buying lots of their stuff??

Or maybe they just have to shift them to make room for new stock?

Could be really good!!!
Use it quick and if it is buy about another 4 pots

P.S:- I think you're display picture is really funny, its totally irrelevant and random, but thats good I suppose! :)

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
i used this stuff for years aslong as your car is dry its great stuff. these days i use auto glym stuff but thats because i get it cheap.

Back to the top
http://www.parcfermesh…8b5bb26ee8b6fc6a518f2e99f

that's probably better stuff :wink:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
there is an art to getting a perfect paintwork finish, a polish or a wax on its own wont give a good result, you need both

the Red paint on my sportline was in good nick when i got it but it was a little flat, i have used Meguiars shampoo and cleaning products on it for a year and now it absolutely gleams!!! sure there are a few imperfection on the bodywork but it will be 16 this year! and now the polish and wax is built up on the panels it is almost effortless to clean it 8)

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

Back to the top
im a meguiars man, bit cheesed off though as i used to get it from Motorworld where i get 10% off stuff but they dont stock it any more :cry:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
What's wrong with a hose, a sponge and a bucket of soapy water?  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Turtle wax is that Chalk based stuff that leaves residue all over the place. I can't stand it personally!

Get some Megs, it might cost more but it's easier to use, goes further and shines better, Turtle wax is a false economy bud!

Tian :|

Back to the top

AdrianT said

Nothing………but if you dont protect the paint on the car with polish and wax afterwards then the paint wont protect the metal, and the paint finish will look awfull when it dosn`t have to!

but if you cant be bothered or like rusty cars?

Back to the top
just bought one tin will post some pics and see how it is tommorrow i thought it was worth a look for a quid

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

I use AutoGlym..

Always worked well, found that you dont get enough in the containers though…

Is that right. Are you meant to only get 2 Cleans out of a bottle? Say for example "bodywork shampoo" ??

Holly cow 8O  How much are you using? what size bottle is it? Though AG Bodywork shampoo is very good it is not as concentrated as Meguiars NXT car wash or even Megs softwash Gel. You really don't need much of these to get lots of thick suds.

Dom @ waxpoetic.co.uk

Back to the top

AdrianT said

O my, a sponge and washing up liquid !! 8O  where to start with that one.

1. A sponge will hold and retain grit particles that will scratch the surface of your paint and leave it with fine marks that will need to be machine polished out.
2. Washing up liquid is designed to remove greas etc from plates… it will do the same to you paint i.e remove polish,wax,sealant etc and leave you paint as above looking dull.

Invest in a good quality car wash,a wash mitt(lambswool) a bucket and grit gaurd(preferably 2) and use the 2 bucket method.
 8)  8)
Dom @ Waxpoetic.co.uk

Back to the top
okay, for the people that think a hose is a clean, this is what i do to clean a car (i do it occasionally to earn a bit of money):

Clean with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo: 1 Hour

Dry with chamois and Meguiar's microfibre cloth: 15-20mins

De-contaminate with Meguiar's Quik Clay and mist: 1-2 hours

[If car's paint is dull, Paint restorer will be here: 1 Hour]

Detail window seals, wheels and body trim: 45 minutes

3 stages of Meguiar's Wax
            Stage 1: Paint Cleaner
            Stage 2: Deep Polish
            Stage 3: Carnauba Wax application: 1h30m

Glass Polished: 15 Mins

Any bare metal is polished manually with Autosol: 15-30mins

Finally, tyre dressing added: 10 Mins

simple, 6-7 hours work, reasonable price :wink:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Come and wash my car, now!!!

Tian :lol:

Back to the top

Tian said

Come and wash my car, now!!!

Tian :lol:

if you wanna pay me to spend a day at yours (sausage/egg sarnies a must) then ive got no problem whatsoever washing peoples cars

[hint :lol:]

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top

X said

okay, for the people that think a hose is a clean, this is what i do to clean a car (i do it occasionally to earn a bit of money):

Clean with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo: 1 Hour

Dry with chamois and Meguiar's microfibre cloth: 15-20mins

De-contaminate with Meguiar's Quik Clay and mist: 1-2 hours

[If car's paint is dull, Paint restorer will be here: 1 Hour]

Detail window seals, wheels and body trim: 45 minutes

3 stages of Meguiar's Wax
            Stage 1: Paint Cleaner
            Stage 2: Deep Polish
            Stage 3: Carnauba Wax application: 1h30m

Glass Polished: 15 Mins

Any bare metal is polished manually with Autosol: 15-30mins

Finally, tyre dressing added: 10 Mins

simple, 6-7 hours work, reasonable price :wink:

Hello X

Nothing at all wrong with your system though I would point out that Megs step 3 is ok but it does'nt have longevity(spelling) if you are going to stick with Megs try NXT  Tech wax(synthetic) or try Dodo Juice(carnauba)

Dom @ Waxpoetic.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.