Skip navigation

Ring

Back to the top

Ring

My mate is into porsches,i dont like the old ones he likes but he rolled up in a bmw signwritten,god,he arranges trips to the ring in germany,hes been hundreds of times,he came back in with a photo album full of pics,he said he can arrange for us lot to go if we want,
Rough details
4 days away,2 at the ring,
stay in 4 star hotel in Bonn
50 people max
he shows us the way to the ring,just follow him,
ferry leaves at 2pm saturday
return 7pm ish at home
costs ?500 per car,all in,thats with 3 people per car,he knows his stuff if anyone wants to go and let this geezer sort it all out.His cars are the 2 seen on the website,the porsche is on the ring  8)

His name is Rob Clarke
email rob@pbcmotorsport.co.uk
website is nurburgringers.net
Im doing the brake pipes on his porsche tomorrow  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
sounds like what were after bert  :wink:

Back to the top
do you have to have 3 per car? i dont do rear passengers

also is track time included in that price? if so how long?

when is the deadline?

IMG_2275 1.JPG

Back to the top
dont worry found out all that i was looking for on the website, should of read it slower!

no track time included
cancelation of public days possible

i think i might have to make the arrangements to get involved with this one!

IMG_2275 1.JPG

Back to the top
The club's planning to do a semi-official trip. We're just waiting on this year's calendar to be published, then will vaguely suggest dates, etc. Dates are published towards the end of February. See http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…121&highlight=nurburgring

Back to the top
Ive seen rob today,done his burst brake pipe,he said that the ferry company has gave him a deal for 10 cars,so the price will be ?450 per car instead of ?500,
Im not bothered if we go with the club running the trip or rob,if its too much grief for the club to sort,rob can do it,hes done it many times and knows the best hotels etc,
there can be as many as 3 per car or 1 per car,up to you,hes just offered to get us there as a club,he knows more details than me,look at his site, he said if theres only 1 or 2 cars your welcome to go with the porsche lot  :?
Bert

Back to the top
I did the ring in 06 on the way to Worthersee,cost about 15 euros to go around i think,defo wasnt any more than that.
The local guesthouse are very reasonable too so its well worth a trip  :)

keep on keeping on

Back to the top
Hi the names Rob, as in the bloke bert knows as he says into Porsches.
i'm the MD of PBC Motorsport and we trade as nurburgringers.net and porscheball.com. Here's just a few things you need to know if your on a trip to the Ring.
1. Yes you can do it cheaper by yourself it stands to reason, but if you are travelling in a large group say over 10 cars. Most guest houses near the ring will not be able to fit you in. We stop in Bonn which is about 20 miles from the ring but is one hell of a great drive down to the ring.. and after all its a driving holiday so why do you have to be on the doorstep.. and trust me there's more night life in Bonn than in Nurburg.
2. for cheap ferry prices you have to sale before 7am so your up in the middle of the night to get to Dover to then drive 275 miles to the ring. trust me this screws your body clock up so when you do get on the ring for the first time your consentration levels are not 100% (and they need to be). We sail at 2pm on a Sat which is the most expensive sailing but so much better than being up all night. We arrive about 10pm at the hotel which means a quick drink and off to bed and up in the morning bright and fresh.
3. We don't include laps of the ring as driffrent people want to do different amounts of laps.
4. We travel all the way with you with a support car loaded with tools ect just incase.
5.You will get a safty talk about driving abroad and about driving the ring the ring talk is a must if you have never been before. Don't forget the support car will be with you at the ring as well and all the way back to blighty.
6. We dont use a flea pit hotel its a 4*, politicians and air line pilots stay there!
7.We concentrate on the service not price. (but we belive our prices can not be beaten). if you want us to arrange the trip for you i can put everything together for you,

you can contact me on 0121 602 2222 (11am till 8pm) / 07914 429924 (anytime upto 4am) please don't call between 4am and 11am as i may shout at youi!!!! lol Rob

www.nurburgringers.net

Back to the top
you found the site then rob  :wink:
Bert

Back to the top
Yes bert but i sould not have come on here! its making me want to buy another GTI!!! herindoors will kill me. she says we an't got enough room on the drive…

www.nurburgringers.net

Back to the top
8O  enough room on the drive,what the 2 acres of car parking you have  :wink:  get one and i can borrow it  :roll:
Bert

Back to the top
Rob, cheers for signing up and explaining things. We're (club) going to 'semi officially) organise it, but I've personally never been before and having an expert is a good idea, so we'll probably take up the offer nearer the time! The way we were going to do things is to publish a list of things to book, with contact numbers etc, so that people can directly make their own ferry bookings, hotel bookings, etc and this way the club doesn't need to handle the members' money. It also makes things much easier should someone drop out, etc. One question which I have - do you know any insurance companies who can do one-off track insurance which would cover you? (FJ exclude it and can't offer it as an add-on, I've checked).

Back to the top
if you go to www.nurburgringers.net then to the faq's page there's a link to a company that does insurance for the ring for about ?60 a day. also check out the insurance questions page on www.porscheball.com. If you look at our sites our prices are about what you would pay yourself to book same crossing and same hotel. (we make our money on the block booking we make just like anyother travel company)if you want me to do everything you members can pay direct to us via our main web site www.pbcmotorsport.co.uk paypal or any major credit/debit card. if you want i can put the complete package together and get back to you. it will take all the stress out of it for you. If you want to have a look at www.porsche924ownersclub.co.uk we arrange trips for them andthey will tell you all about us. i'm proud to say that about 95% of our customers come back the following year with us. You can also see a write up on 2007's porscheball event (which we arrange)in this months practical performance car mag.. on sale now.

www.nurburgringers.net

Back to the top
And if rob runs off with all the money i know where he lives   :mrgreen:
Bert

Back to the top
Now now Bert, i know where you live as well. To put anybodys mind at rest on that score PBC Motorsport is a limited company registered in Endland and Wales company no 6396964.

www.nurburgringers.net

Back to the top
How does this sound  sat July 26th to tues 29th ferry from Dover sailing at 14.01pm returning sailing 14.00 tuesday 2 full days at 'the ring' cost ?449 per car (up to 3 people per car at no extra cost) to include return ferry crossing 3 nights 4*hotel to include buffet breakfast (english breakfast or cont) local taxes. Full driving abroad brieffing on the ferry for those who want it and a full safty breiffing on driving the ring at the hotel. You will also get a support car with you all the way and 1 of our reps with you at all times. We can also suply sighting laps in the support car if required cost fuel + toll. A depoist of ?150 to book with the balance of ?299 to be paid no later than 6 weeks before departing. payments can be made by cash cheque paypal or any major credit/debit card. The hotel we use as 100 rooms so you will be all staying in the same hotel.

www.nurburgringers.net

Back to the top

hershamboy said

How does this sound  sat July 26th to tues 29th ferry from Dover sailing at 14.01pm returning sailing 14.00 tuesday 2 full days at 'the ring' cost ?449 per car (up to 3 people per car at no extra cost) to include return ferry crossing 3 nights 4*hotel to include buffet breakfast (english breakfast or cont) local taxes. Full driving abroad brieffing on the ferry for those who want it and a full safty breiffing on driving the ring at the hotel. You will also get a support car with you all the way and 1 of our reps with you at all times. We can also suply sighting laps in the support car if required cost fuel + toll. A depoist of ?150 to book with the balance of ?299 to be paid no later than 6 weeks before departing. payments can be made by cash cheque paypal or any major credit/debit card. The hotel we use as 100 rooms so you will be all staying in the same hotel.

We're going to decide on the date nearer the time. I believe the track calendar isn't published yet???

Back to the top
you belive wrong about the calender as the nurburgring email it to me in december, its published to the public in feb, but i have the dates here. if you leave it to late to decide when your going you will not get anywhere to stay (unless you only have small numbers) and the ferrys will cost you a lot more. only trying to help. But if you think you can decide to go in say may to go in june it will end in tears because you will not do it. its easy if only 2 or 3 cars are going to do it like that but if your taking more than 10 you also have to inform the german police that you are going times reg's route's ect (well in advance) or you will find you will all get pulled over and get a 180 euro fine.i make my living arranging trips to 'the Ring'. as i said only trying to help. My advice if there's less than 10 cars going do it yourself if you have more go with a company that know whats what. there's plenty out there not just mine have a shop around, but do it right,, peoples lives could depend on it.

www.nurburgringers.net

Back to the top

hershamboy said

you belive wrong about the calender as the nurburgring email it to me in december, its published to the public in feb, but i have the dates here. if you leave it to late to decide when your going you will not get anywhere to stay (unless you only have small numbers) and the ferrys will cost you a lot more. only trying to help. But if you think you can decide to go in say may to go in june it will end in tears because you will not do it. i make my living arranging trips to 'the Ring'. as i said only trying to help.

Ok no worries, makes sense! Yep, end of July sounds about right, I've just checked the Events Calendar and it doesn't clash with any main shows, which is my main concern. I know we need to plan ahead, probably worth stressing to people interested in coming they'll need to book early. Is there any realistic limitation of min & max numbers?

Back to the top
Min 10 max is 50 if 50 cars come it will be in 2 convoys with 2 support cars and 2 reps the logistics of 50 in one convoy are mind blowing!!!! if say 30 came we would still split it into 2x15. max for 1 convoy is 25 you have to many the police come down on you hard!!

www.nurburgringers.net
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.