Skip navigation

GTI Spring Festival - Santa Pod Raceway Sunday April 13th 20

Back to the top

GTI Spring Festival - Santa Pod Raceway Sunday April 13th 20

SUNDAY APRIL 13th 2008
GTI SPRING FESTIVAL
Venue: Santa Pod Raceway, Wellingborough, Northants. NN29 7XA.

The 'GTi Spring Festival' now in its fourth year, has certainly grown and grown. It is now without doubt a very major 'Season Opener'. It already exceeds the visitor numbers of the July 'GTI Summer Festival', which has been running for 16 years! With Sprinting, Show and Shine, Clubs, Autojumble and Traders, it follows a simple formula, which has for many years has included the Fireforce Jet Funny Car which will be the one vehicle guaranteed to have most of the audience rushing track side the second it fires up for each demonstration pass.

The show itself offers all day sprinting for a single signing on fee, which is hugely popular. But don't forget your driving licence (you cannot sign on for Sprinting without it). The early season event was good for many personal bests last year, which may be down to a combination of the 'track bite' glue sprayed on to the Santa Pod quarter-mile, and the very good air quality at this time of year. 'Personal Bests' set at Santa Pod are also 'real', meeting all international timing standards. The timing equipment is accurate to within less than one thousandth of a second.

The overall formula for this show is very simple, the major elements being the activity on the Sprint Track/Drag Strip and the Show and Shine. The Show and Shine is one of the best in the country, with in the region of 100 contestants. There is no charge for entry into the Show and Shine, and it is becoming a popular show at which to debut new or revamped cars after the winter lay off. Gates open at 8.00am with the track open from 10.00am. There is plenty of opportunity to browse trade stands, check out the autojumble and club displays, as well as watch (or even try a few runs on) the dragstrip. Overseas visitors to the show will receive free admission on production of their ferry tickets/proof of travel, we expect to see a few more European visitors this year.

MISS IT . . . MISS OUT!

VW Action

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top
Hi Danny,

Can you get us a stand area next to the strip again, like at the Summer Festival? it would be very much appreciated  :mrgreen: .

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Hi Danny,

Can you get us a stand area next to the strip again, like at the Summer Festival? it would be very much appreciated  :mrgreen: .

And can it be labelled "Mk1 Golf Owners Club" please? Last time it was something similar but not the same.

Back to the top
Sounds a good day, will there be any camping the night before???

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Hi Danny,

first come forst served dude so get your booking in quick :)

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top

paul_c said

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Hi Danny,

And can it be labelled "Mk1 Golf Owners Club" please? Last time it was something similar but not the same.

sorry dude, we do sometimes get things wrong :lol:

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Sounds a good day, will there be any camping the night before???

if youask me nicely i'll sort something out :)

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top
Just to let you know we were the first to book a stand this year !! Ive booked for 10 - 15 cars.  Maybe a bit ambishious but im getting a great response from Ultimate Dubs, and just hope the pace will continue.

So Lets start with the names

Just to remind you if its the same as last year those that show their cars will be also able to use the strip  :)

Danny, I will keep you posted with those that may want to camp over the night before !!

Thanks Ant5

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
90% sure I'll make this one, so you can put me down for camping overnight + a bit of strip action on the day!

Back to the top
Put my name down please, no camping though.

Back to the top
erm… sorry to sound like a newbie but do u have to have a GTI to be on in the show????

ive only got a 1.3 but its still a mk1 :D

Back to the top
You can go in anything, as long as it's a Dub  :wink:

Back to the top
awesome

in that case ant can u put my name down on the list for a spot on the show stand???
youve already seen some pics cause i sent them when i asked to be at ultimate dubs

wooo i really cant wail till the show season starts :D

cheers
sam

Back to the top
List for starters

Ant5
Paul c
Gammygolf gti
Sam m

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
im there book a spot just for the sunday not camping to cold

and dub76 will want a spot on the stand to

Back to the top
List update

Ant5
Paul c
Gammygolf gti
Sam m
Bens cab
Dub 76

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top

ant5 said

Just to let you know we were the first to book a stand this year !! Ive booked for 10 - 15 cars.  Maybe a bit ambishious but im getting a great response from Ultimate Dubs, and just hope the pace will continue.

Just to remind you if its the same as last year those that show their cars will be also able to use the strip  :)

Danny, I will keep you posted with those that may want to camp over the night before !!

Thanks Ant5

can you put for me down for a bit of camping the night before, dragging the missus along as well…
Car wont up to show worthy tho, but if you want a tired looking GTi on the stand then add me in

Back to the top

ant5 said

Thanks Ant5

ok dude no worries :)

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top
is this a two day show then??? im guessing so because of the camping???
or is the camping so u dont have to travel down in the morning??

ive never been =[

Back to the top
The GTi Spring Festival is a one day event and according to Santa Pod's site there is no other event on the day before……… :(

http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

Last year at the Gti Summer Festival the day before was the Retro show, which tied in nicely for anyone with a mk1 to have a weekend camping and catch two shows  :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.