Skip navigation

THE AA

Back to the top

THE AA

I'm in the AA and they've got us out of trouble a few times.

My only issue is that when you join online there's a discount, but when the renewal letter comes through a year later it's charged at full price.

Each renewal year I've called customer services and they've then charged the discounted price again…as I could just cancel each year and renew online.

It's worth checking the online prices when your renewal letter comes through, I saved ?32 this time.

Otherwise they're great.

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
After today, anyone going for breakdown help, go with these guys, never had the same service in 10 years of rac and crappy green flag (1 year)
Helpful, try and get you on the move, dont come up with 'You need to buy a new battery etc, wheres the nearest garage to take it' after 2 minute of arriving at your car.
Instead, if i can not fix it tell me where you want to go and do you need a lift back.
If i had a new dizzy better one might i had, he even said i would have fitted it etc.
Well i can say no more changes to different companies, sticking with these guys always, you feel they really want to help you in anyway
Pete
 :wink:

Back to the top
I was with this breakdown company forgot its name not AA or RAC or National Breakdown when I first got the golf and didnt know much about them i was at my mates when for some reason it was stuck in 3rd gear no matter where the gear stick was positioned even in revers when the breakdown truck came i said have you got a torch so i can have a look at the gear linkage "SORRY MATE NO TORCH ON ME" i was shocked breakdown truck coming to a breakdown at night with on torch, i recon the company must paid to tow cars away. when the got me home and i could get a torch opened the bonnet and there was the problem just as i though gear linkage had popped off clipped back on job done
not happy bunny now with RAC not put them to the test as yet and hope i don't need to for a while.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
mentiond back earlier in the post about they want to see proof of service etc but what happens if u service your car regurly your self? as im a mechanic and there is no way that id pay a garage to do something that i can do. i always keep my recipts of what parts i buy etc could i prove it with the recipts i keep for parts?

i always have the last laugh ;)

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/sim0n_parker/paulforwebsite.jpg

<a href="

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

Back to the top
I used to go out with an RAC patrol guy. whilst i was with him the service i got from them was second to none as i wused his memebrship, now im not with him tand back to using my own they seem to take the pi55. im going with the AA next year without a doubt. been with RAC for 4 years and they have been crap. usually im traveling on my own, in the dead of night when i break down, they then tell me that it will b an averaGE OF 150 MINUTES til someone can come out to me! i know they subcontract out after midnight but its taking the mickey a wee bit, a young female on her own in the dead of night.

definately going with AA next year, they fix more cars at roadside, i work in a garage and its rare we get an AA man comng in with a car, they seem to carry more spares on their vans and they have better equipped vehicles too! :) and seem more cheerful!

Please don't call me fella- its deeply insulting to one whom is no such thing! ;)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.