Back to the top

How Do You Access This Site?

MK1_Arron said

how do you mean?

What car im looking for?

or the bits to look out for on a 306?

Basically, yes.

Back to the top
well ive not really got an exact preference for a car.

Yeah I know what to look out for on a 306

thanks to honest john  :)

but if you know anythin to specifically look out for, id be interested to know?

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

Yeah I know what to look out for on a 306

thanks to honest john  :)

but if you know anythin to specifically look out for, id be interested to know?

Are you now stuck on the idea of getting a 306?

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

Are you just fishin' for an argument paul? this has gone ever so slightly off topic.

Back to the top
No.

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

MK1_Arron said

Are you just fishin' for an argument paul? this has gone ever so slightly off topic.

How can you argue about a Pug'? They're all utter crud.

Tian :lmao:

Back to the top
I'm just trying to help you out, you've been looking for a cheap car for a long time now. I'd encourage you to make a list of what's important in a car (for you) and put these into a priority list. Then select a bunch of cars and do your best to 'mark' them in the categories you've come up with. For example:

Low insurance costs
Easy to maintain
Spacey
Fast

etc

Everyone's different, this is why there's so many different makes and models of cars. You seem to be focused on the 306 but stuck on Mk1 Golf for emotive reasons (which isn't at all bad), but these 2 cars are like chalk and cheese!

Back to the top
To be honest dont fancy doin' one of those lists I have it all in my head.
I know what id have and what I wouldnt have.

If I won a few grand id buy a mk1 golf without a doubt, there is no comparison between its-self and a 306,

I just dont think people understand I cant afford a mk1 golf at the moment

Back to the top
Arron i hope by now you will trust my judgment please stay away from anything smelling of garlic i know this could be seen as promoting the enemy but if you cant afford a VW ie polo which my daughter has 1000cc cheap insurance and very good residual value and a cool car to be seen in ie its a VW, i would advise a Ford cheap insurance cheap parts not bad street cred DO NOT GET A CORSA-NOVA if you do, do not mention it on this site, it will make your hair comments look like  compliments

how much do you want to spend?
we need to know what you are able to look at. I can see where Paul_c is coming from i don't think on this occasion he's looking for an argument we need to know what you want from a car then we can best advise, remember between us all we have hundreds of car buying experience you could take advantage of.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
indeed,

?750 - Budget  :lol:

Back to the top
I still can't believe you can't get sorted with a small block Mk1 for that kind of money. You'll have to travel a bit, and possibly do some work on it too. But you should be okay.

Back to the top
i have a lovely little fiesta for sale for exactly your budget! :wink:  problem solved!

Back to the top
pictures??

FAO Paul, I could buy a small block mk1 for that, then its everything after that, things going wrong etc. I dont have a job at the mo

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

pictures??

FAO Paul, I could buy a small block mk1 for that, then its everything after that, things going wrong etc. I dont have a job at the mo

So, does the ?750 include running costs and tax too? How much do you have per year set aside for onwards running costs? I have kept accurate details of most of my cars, if it helps…

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.