Skip navigation

Anybody else at work?

Back to the top

Anybody else at work?

My first post was to correct Topoftherange, who assumed that MPs would get a higher pay rise, when in fact they didn't. The argument for paying the police more is a strong one, but if falsehoods are used to support the argument, its not a great start to the debate.

Dano, I'm trusting you that you know what you're talking about when it comes to pay offers and the police. Binding doesn't mean legal though. The government seems good at approaching the line between legal and illegal (party donations?) and a great number of people, not least the opposition parties, would just love to 'make something stick' on them - but so far its not happened. So I'm pretty sure they've not broken any laws here……

Fact is, the prime minister does have the ability to overrule a previous decision (in this case, from the home secretary, which was based on a pay review body) and stage the payment (which equates to reducing the pay).

I've already said its unfair, I agree entirely with you!

Back to the top

Dano said

How can you tell a body of employees that the arbritatrion body is binding and then discard its findings.

Change of circumstances - ie the US-inherited credit crunch.

Back to the top
:banghead:  However you view it paul-c i have got a 1.9 % payrise along with all the other ENGLISH police forces

as Dano has pointed out……theres not many jobs that you run the "ultimate" risk just by merely wearing a uniform and doing a public service……I have been in the Armed services too, i was a tank driver in the Blues and Royals- Household cavalry, the military pay is discusting aswell if you ask me, and those guys really do get a battering, especially under the circumstances in Iraq and Afghanistan….I have lost a fair few friends over there…….those who serve are taken for granted, they are over and over shafted by governments and statistitions.

If the brave and the bold didnt do what they do for the little money they do get then what would be "Great" about Britain? and for the sake of about ?200 per police officer they are willing to risk losing that "good will" I await to see what our Next prime minister decides next year, as that "decision" has lost Gordon clown 35000 police officers votes next year, well done labour facist

Not many people have the ability nor the spheres :wink:  to stand there and make yourself a "legitimate" target for bullets or assaults, abuse, when they are flying you find out what people are made of!!

I have done both, so when it comes to fair pay there is no logic in backtracking on what was agreed and that was 2.5%  so they should honour it………..and whats worse is they have awarded those ******* pcso`s a FULL payrise back dated to september….so that really shows what they think of REAL fully trained police officers doesnt it?

Just dont mention it if you get arrested, hospitals are terrible places :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Re: Anybody else at work?

Shaggy916 said

Hard at it at Drax power station 12 hours day shift, any body else working? :(

Had 25th and 26th off but thats it !!

Back on topic  :D

Back to the top
:lol: Same here! and only have the 1st off too  :cry:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Working New Years Day  :lol:

Double time to make up for the lost pay  8O  :twisted:  

Sorry!!!!

I only post when I can… I'll go away again!!!

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

paul_c said

2.5% staged from Dec equates to 1.9% in real terms. 1.9% isn't great, but its not a disaster. After all, if everyone got high pay rises, it would drive inflation up, which would be much more serious for everyone.

Get your head out for once!

Which other job (besides the Armed Serivces) do you run the risk of getting shot, stabbed, driven at, assaulted, sworn at, work shifts, weekends and have to be prepared to scarifice personal safety (ultimately death) for ones Office?

The first 30 minutes of overtime is for Queen and Country, which other organisation does that? Can you see Trade Unions allowing it? NO!

So before you think… its not a disaster… when you are getting a kicking and the copper isn't quick enough to save your bacon because the others on his/her shift have left due to low pay, think again. Next time you get a copper who doesn't seem interested in your burglary, think again, maybe he's feeling slightly fed up with being turned over on his pay deal and has no way of retribution.

Fair pay for a fair day.

Dan
    what about when they get you in the back of the van and give you a kicking  i think with you avatar you think you are some sort of super hero  mabey you were just bulled at school :mrgreen:

Back to the top
im in on the 2nd and 3rd of jan…. :?  not even crashing anything nice!  :(

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
Dan     what about when they get you in the back of the van and give you a kicking  i think with you avatar you think you are some sort of super hero  mabey you were just bulled at school :mrgreen:

Everyones bullied at school, you can admit it (or just pretend that you werent).

The kickings went out in the 80's. Its all about fixed penalty tickets and ASBO's now!!!

Dan

Back to the top
I am working keeping the crisp factory clean!!! Packet of Crisps anyone? :lol:

Back to the top

Dannyd said

I am working keeping the crisp factory clean!!! Packet of Crisps anyone? :lol:

Cheese and Onion for me please.

Tian

Back to the top

Re: Anybody else at work?

chudd said

Shaggy916 said

Hard at it at Drax power station 12 hours day shift, any body else working? :(

Had 25th and 26th off but thats it !!

Back on topic  :D

25/26/1 off for me
i wish banks were closed more over christmas  :banghead:

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
I'm in the office all day today with sod all to so and I can't leave until normal leaving time, what a bummer.

Off in twenty minutes then!

Tian :mrgreen:

Back to the top
jobless, but in a few years when im chief sportswriter for the daily mirror i'll let you all know  :lol:

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.