Skip navigation

West Yorks area

Back to the top

easy now fellow dubbers

West Yorks area

great to meet everybody today had a good time :D  if it becomes a regular thing il bring the missus next time seen as i was on my own :oops: the scrap man was hilarious lol,,

Back to the top

mickyb said

sorry but we weren't as hard as the other 3 floppy top owners, went home with the top well and truly nailed shut.

What is it with the floppy tops….January and the hoods down  8O , glad to see you've had a good turn out today, get some photos up. Our Dannyd from Chester/Wrexham meet had his hood down all day today, we managed 6 mk1's and a lovely Scirrocco Storm photos…….
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34487&start=40

Back to the top
We may have looked hard with the roof down but we only live 10 minutes away!

Some pics Chris took.

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/9bb3pu.jpg

apologies dope_as,  camera on phone didnt stretch that far, wasnt on purpose

Back to the top

Back to the top
was the scrap man really wanting to take my car away?  :starwars:

anyway, here's a couple of pics from the meet:

i took a close up of each car too, maybe i'll post them later… if anyone's interested.

cheers, ash

Back to the top

mickyb said

Hi it was nice to meet you lot today, will definitely try and make the next meet! sorry but we weren't as hard as the other 3 floppy top owners, went home with the top well and truly nailed shut.
see you all soon
Mick and Rach
PS is someone going to post the pic's they took cos i forgot my camera like a dougy! :banghead:
we left the pub with top DOWN thanks
fantastic meet today here are some pics.

in this next pic this member of the public seems to be taking a professional interest in Ash's mk1 think he wanted to have a crush on it :lol:  :lol:

Here we see ash running on slicks  8O  8O

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
i like that rolling shot on the M62, it looks sweet. especially with the '77 series one in full view. :)

&

good pics soapy.
you not only humiliate me with the srcap man picture, defile my legality with my "road legal" semi-slicks and put my victorian-esque moustashe-pork chop combi in public view!!!

lol

:doh:

Back to the top
awesome pics from everyone,, SCRAPMAN; got your number

Back to the top
great pics there, was nice to meet everyone

mk1's off the road for a bit again now  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

clutch cable has pulled through the bulkhead

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Good photos, certainly looks like a good turnout and love the photo taken on the motorway.  How far did you go in the convoy and where did you end up? not that I know much of the area, just curious  :mrgreen:

And this photo has got to be a contender for the 2009 calender
 :lmao:  :lmao:

Back to the top
we didn't really go very far, just one junction from the services, then back up the other way one junction.

then on some very nice windy roads to a pub

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Good photos, certainly looks like a good turnout and love the photo taken on the motorway.  How far did you go in the convoy and where did you end up? not that I know much of the area, just curious  :mrgreen:

And this photo has got to be a contender for the 2009 calender
 :lmao:  :lmao:
we went from the services on m62 to the topside of Huddersfield to a very nice boozer for din dins we changed a load of tables round to fit us altogether it looked like they had the bailiffs in as tables and chairs being taken from all over the pub
was a really good meet enjoyed every min and the sun came out so for a short time on way home had roof down :cheer:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
great pictures from all ,just don't capture the wind. It was that strong it blew tread off tyres  :lol: hope to see you all again  mick and janet

Back to the top

mk1john said

we didn't really go very far, just one junction from the services, then back up the other way one junction.

then on some very nice windy roads to a pub

yeah nice pub, busy. and a longer cruise would have been nice. maybe next time…

Back to the top
Great turnout lads! Nice to see so many Mk1s out and on the roads in January. We (Chester & Wrexham) certainly turned a few heads today, I bet you did too, especially the yellow one!

Back to the top
Looks like you guys had fun as well!  8)

We will look to meet up and hopefully get 19 mk1's together plus a rocco! :lol:

Back to the top
Looks like a decent turn out, good effort peeps. Some very tidy motors too. Hopefully see you all at the next one!

1983 1.5 GX - Silver

Back to the top
Looks a nice little gathering. It's a bit of a trek but I may pop along to the next one if I'm free. When is it ?

DubPartz

Back to the top
It looks like it was a really good meet, and the yellow one looks sweet.

I recognise that scrapman, I used to work up at a petrol station in York and he used to come in all the time, he's an Irish 'traveller' off James Street.

He's well funny but proper sound. :D

I'll try make it to the next meet, we should be on the road from this weekend.  8)

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.