Skip navigation

1.6 gti cabby standard! wots the top speed?

Back to the top

1.6 gti cabby standard! wots the top speed?

lets face it with a roof or not :wink:  a standard mk1 gti or cab is hardly gonna be setting "bluebird" esque times for land speed is it? unless its mega modded

the cars can be used and driven faster than "other" cars purely by the drivers skill and the mk1`s agility and relative power to weight ratio…. top speeds arent anything to go by anyway…..the 20-80 mph is where all the fun is in a mk1 in my opinion :wink:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
I don't know where they sourced the figures, but Practical Classics buying guide lists the 1800cc GTI hatchback and cabby with the same top speed - 116mph.

Back to the top
:lol:  I find the best speed in my Sportline is about 20mph so people get a chance to see what a  8)  car it is :lol:

I can always go slower for wooders if he needs to keep up :wink:

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

Back to the top
Wooders is particularly sensitive when it comes to performance comparisons, and cabbys.....cabriaulait (Dave) I believe, has sometihng to say about this....

Back to the top
yawn

Back to the top
:shhh:  its still an open wound…………. :lol:

Back to the top

wooders said

yawn

Cheer up mate, its Christmas! So a cabby beat you - so what!!!

Back to the top
we have an option wooders dont :lol:  :lol:  i love going fast with or witout roof
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.