Skip navigation

Campaigns - Are they really THAT Special?

Back to the top

Campaigns - Are they really THAT Special?

well at least the general opinion here is that as long as you are rockin a mk1 it doesnt matter what model you have!!!

One thing I have noticed over the last couple of years (especially the last year since i got mine) is the explosion in the number of people after mk1's as second cars or toys.

The price has to hit rock bottom first, because the mk1 had such a long life it will take time for them to become hard to find, but mark my words as long as the tin worm works it's magic the price will slowly rise!

they have a following so they will always be wanted!

anyways im here for the love, not to make money otherwise i would have invested the money!

Jedermanns Wunschtraum…

ein Volkswagen

Back to the top

dubboy said

butler said

I`d like to see the price of all mk1`s increase as a classic car should, maybe if the club has a bigger profile in the vw scene this can happen…?

This year will see alot more high profile mk1`s at the shows, everyone wants to go OLDSKOOL so hopefully with the right push the club can grow and get more recognition..

Giving the Club more presence in the VW "scene" is not going to increase Mk1 values, the scene is 90% all about modified cars. We are mostly concerned with the preservation of standard Mk1s. So look out for more presence at classic car shows next year  :wink: - that is where there is proven interest and if values go up then a lot of members will be happy but also means the cars are less accessible.

Agreed, I'm up for hitting all the classic car shows rather than some of the chav-fest crap I went too last year ! I'm getting old methinks (26) :lol:

Back to the top

dubboy said

butler said

I`d like to see the price of all mk1`s increase as a classic car should, maybe if the club has a bigger profile in the vw scene this can happen…?

This year will see alot more high profile mk1`s at the shows, everyone wants to go OLDSKOOL so hopefully with the right push the club can grow and get more recognition..

Giving the Club more presence in the VW "scene" is not going to increase Mk1 values, the scene is 90% all about modified cars. We are mostly concerned with the preservation of standard Mk1s. So look out for more presence at classic car shows next year  :wink: - that is where there is proven interest and if values go up then a lot of members will be happy but also means the cars are less accessible.

Agreed theres a place for the classic shows and current shows, but it would still be nice to see more mk1`s at every show.As i said before i`m not into mk1`s to make money but for the enjoyment which is why topics like this distract from the fun of mk1`s IMOP.

Back to the top
Everyone rants about seeing more mk1`s at shows!!! but hardly anyone on here travels to or displays their cars!!! albeiet Gaydon seems well turned out but for people down south its a bit of a hike!!!

Last march for Ultimate Dubs for instance!!! billed as having "MK1 GOLF PARKING ONLY SPACES THE GREATEST NUMBER OF MK1`S ALL TOGETHER EVER MAYBE?"

what turned up??? yep about 4 cars!!!! thats an appalling turnout by any standard…..if people want to see more mk1`s then THEY need to put the effort in and get to the shows in their cars no matter if its mint or an everydayer, the more standard (ish) cars that turn the better….if you want to influence the "scene" then you need to bother to turn up and be counted and show the watercooled VW "scene" where it all came from!!!!

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
i know what you mean... i turned up at ed38 and there was no one there... :banghead:

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

Everyone rants about seeing more mk1`s at shows!!! but hardly anyone on here travels to or displays their cars!!! albeiet Gaydon seems well turned out but for people down south its a bit of a hike!!!

Last march for Ultimate Dubs for instance!!! billed as having "MK1 GOLF PARKING ONLY SPACES THE GREATEST NUMBER OF MK1`S ALL TOGETHER EVER MAYBE?"

what turned up??? yep about 4 cars!!!! thats an appalling turnout by any standard…..if people want to see more mk1`s then THEY need to put the effort in and get to the shows in their cars no matter if its mint or an everydayer, the more standard (ish) cars that turn the better….if you want to influence the "scene" then you need to bother to turn up and be counted and show the watercooled VW "scene" where it all came from!!!!

Given the limited resources (and numbers) in the club, the only realistic way to do this is to choose a selection of shows and focus more strongly on these than others. Much as I'd love to attend every show, its simply not possible. Also bear in mind last year, there were 3 clashes of large shows on the same date. Having said that, 2007 was a good year in terms of numbers at shows on the stands, compared to 2006. Definitely something to focus on in 2008, the more the merrier!

Back to the top
5 pages and still going strong... :lol: shall we throw the sportline and rivage debate in for good measure...? oh well at least it keeps our minds off xmas shopping :lol:

Back to the top

butler said

5 pages and still going strong… :lol: shall we throw the sportline and rivage debate in for good measure…? oh well at least it keeps our minds off xmas shopping :lol:

Why not eh? I'll start………….

I've no strong views on either Rivage or Sportline!

Back to the top

butler said

i know what you mean… i turned up at ed38 and there was no one there… :banghead:

I was there just no one invited me to go on a club stand as i dont post regularly enough on any forums, excep perhaps now this one!!!

so I was relegated to the car park. HOWEVER, I did put up two noticeboards against the mk1 of all the pics of my recent holiday to europe in the mk1 for any wandering soles to gander at!

I will try and attend as many mk1 shows in the future as soon as i get rid of this damn autobox!!

PAUL

Jedermanns Wunschtraum…

ein Volkswagen

Back to the top

paul_c said

butler said

5 pages and still going strong… :lol: shall we throw the sportline and rivage debate in for good measure…? oh well at least it keeps our minds off xmas shopping :lol:

Why not eh? I'll start………….

I've no strong views on either Rivage or Sportline!

i have!

Back to the top
yeah wooders but you are "anti" "still fast, looks good AND get a suntan at the same time" arent you!

and PS…………. the Sportline is my favourite :wink:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

yeah wooders but you are "anti" "still fast, looks good AND get a suntan at the same time" arent you!

no. i just think they're gay.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.