Skip navigation

LOW MILEAGE DIAMOND SILVER MK1 CAMPAIGN GTI

Back to the top

LOW MILEAGE DIAMOND SILVER MK1 CAMPAIGN GTI

NOW ON EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120194904897&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

Mint Mk1 Campaign

This is a 1983 Mk1 Golf GTI Campaign.  I suppose if you have been looking for a one previous owner original, unmolested MK1 then this may be the one. You could go and spend ?2500 on a Mk1 GTI that needs work doing on it but the costs mount quickly for cars like this and you?ll easily end up spending up to another ?2500 getting it in the condition this car is in.  But even then, it won?t be an original low owner, low mileage example like this one.  

One Previous Lady Owner

This is a true one previous lady owner car. Maintained regardless of cost and always garaged by the previous owner in a heated garage every evening.  I paid ?6450 for this car and have had the car for 2 years and done 3000 trouble free miles.  When not being driven ? which is most of the time ? it has been sat in a garage.

Drives Like New with FSH

The drive is superb with spot on handling with the car feeling genuinely tight and fresh - a sign that it has been well looked after and of its low mileage.  I have driven other Mk1 GTIs and they don?t come close to this.  The full service history consisting of a stamped service book and previous MOTs verify the low mileage.

Original

For the purist it has the all the right variables. Build sticker on inside back panel which ties up with history/service book. Original VAG supplying dealer plates, VAG dealer tax disc holder, Original Bill of Sale (?8123.48p), two sets of original keys, valet key. No lock changes, original tinted glass all round. Original VAG mats. Virtually every MOT to validate the 65,000 miles.

I have all the books, maps, wallets, brochures, tickets (even for the BBS kit brochure, campaign brochure, stereo handbook/brochure, plus lots of odd VW paraphernalia that one gets with a new car etc..)  I naturally have the stamped VW service book and a huge pile of VAG bills for genuine batteries and consumables. This car has only been serviced at VW.  I will say the book is not stamped yearly because the car was not used for several periods which you can deduce by the MOT's and the mileage. It retired really after 3 years to being a third car.

Superb Condition

There is no rust on this car anywhere.  All usual areas are perfect, including filler neck. The clutch cable has not pulled through the bulkhead as many now have after huge mileages. The interior is really as new. Drivers bolster fine. Not been smoked in. No speaker upgrades. Dash is  perfect. Leather wheel perfect. Alloys have no corrosion. Some minor kerbing. Boot area pristine. All tools in place under wheel.  MFA works. Engine/box should have another 200,000 miles if you continue to maintain it in the pampered manner it has been accustomed to.

Original BBS Bodykit

Obviously you will note the BBS body kit. This was fitted by the supplying dealer prior to delivery and I have the original receipt. It is a factory option BBS kit and whilst not to everyone?s taste, is in keeping with the period when this car was new. It was also the most expensive and best quality. The original bumpers are mint.

The Mk1 GTI Campaign is the purest of the breed. Experts in the marque will know that all subsequent GTI's were simply shadows of the greatest of them all. I have just checked with the Campaign register and it appears that there are very few original low mileage cars left now.

Viewing.

The car can be viewed by appointment in Ipswich and as it is advertised elsewhere I do reserve the right to withdraw from the auction early, anyone with less than 5 positive feedback please email me first before bidding.

Price.
I don't except to get what I paid for it - I was new to the VW scene at the time I bought it and had to have it!  However, I am looking for offers around ?5500 which I think is the true value of the car.  It is insurance at an agreed value of ?6450.

Note.

A word of warning, please don?t bid if you intend to modify the car as I will not sell it to a modder. This car would suit an enthusiast who would spend the time and effort to keep the car in its current or back-to-standard state as this car is one of the last of its kind in this condition.

CONTACT ME ON  07966 839143 for any questions, thanks.

MOT?s

1st ? Nov 1986 @ 22150 miles

2nd ? Nov 1987 @ 28651 miles

3rd ? May 1990 @ 43016 miles

4th ? June 1991 @ 46785 miles

5th ? June 1992 @ 47763 miles

6th ? July 1993 @ 48107 miles

7th ? July 1994 @ 49065 miles

8th ? September 1996 @ 49390 miles

9th ? October 1997 @ 50182 miles

10th ? March 1999 @ 52924 miles

11th ? September 2000 @ 59291 miles

12th ? September 2001 @ 60286 miles

13th ? September 2003 @ 60435 miles

14th ? February 2005 @ 61286 miles

15th ? August 2006 @ 64980 miles

16th ? December 2007 @ 65300

Service Stamps

1st ? June 84 @ 5000 miles + original VAG receipt

2nd ? November 84 @ 10105 miles + original VAG receipt

3rd ? April 86 @ 19260 miles + original VAG receipt

4th ? April 87 @ 24776 miles + original VAG receipt

5th ? December 87 @ 29375 miles +  original VAG receipt

6th ? January 88 @ 29859 miles ? no stamp in book, but original VAG receipt

7th ? September 89 @ 38670 miles ? no stamp in book, but original VAG receipt

9th ? October 89 @ 39457 miles

10th ? June 90 @ 43255 miles

11th ? December 90 @ 45331 miles

11th ? July 91 @ 46728 miles ? no stamp in book, but original VAG receipt

11th ? December 00 @ 59789 miles ? no stamp in book, but original VAG receipt

12th ? March 06 @ 63008 miles

13th ? March 06 @ 63490 miles (cambelt change and fuel filler neck replaced)

When there is no stamp in the book, I suspect this was done out of complacency as the receipts are original VAG

HPI Certificate dated January 6th 2006 from www.hpi.co.uk

Original bill of sale from VW Walton Lodge Garage Ltd ? ?8423.48

Original log book from 1983

VW Battery Receipt from Dec 1989 with mileage @ 40264 miles

Etc?. several more receipts for work carried out by VAG and others totalling over ?1500, some recent e.g. new exhaust in 2003

CONTACT ME ON  07966 839143 for any questions, thanks.

Back to the top
Very Nice car……………but its not quite original……its got a 1600 round type back box on it :wink:  should be an oval box one on an 1800 :lol:  so its only worth ?500 now :wink:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

Very Nice car……………but its not quite original……its got a 1600 round type back box on it :wink:  should be an oval box one on an 1800 :lol:  so its only worth ?500 now :wink:
:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

Damn.. you got me there  :dontknow: … but I have a new original VAG rear exhaust in my garage so thats bumped the price back up again  :twisted:   :lol:

Back to the top
nice car , BUT….  what's all this purest of breed bol**x , others merely shadow's !    . :banghead:    all mk1's are great and it really winds me up when you hear about campaigns being greater than other mk1's  they were just tarted up with a few cosmetic extra's  to shift them before the mk2 came out so vw didn't get stuck with them . doesn't make them greater.   anyway rant over will let you get on with your sale now. :)

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
What a load of rubbish!!!  Campaigns are far more sort after, and rightly so.  Of course the run out models are more desirable.  More than just a few little extras, which all add up to make a big difference.

Series 1s and Campaigns will always attract more money.  They are surely a good investment for the future :wink:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top

kriss said

What a load of rubbish!!!  Campaigns are far more sort after, and rightly so.  Of course the run out models are more desirable.  More than just a few little extras, which all add up to make a big difference.

Series 1s and Campaigns will always attract more money.  They are surely a good investment for the future :wink:

Please only contribute on  this particular thread if you are seriously interested in buying the car, or have seen it in the flesh and are able to contribute in that way. Since this is an unusually good condition car with a price to match, it has a separate discussion thread here. If you wish to debate Campaign vs non-Campaign values, please start a new thread in the Chat section.

Thanks!

And…..good luck with the sale.

Back to the top
No worries :oops: Good luck with the sale :mrgreen:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top

mk1jim said

nice car , BUT….  what's all this purest of breed bol**x , others merely shadow's !    . :banghead:    all mk1's are great and it really winds me up when you hear about campaigns being greater than other mk1's  they were just tarted up with a few cosmetic extra's  to shift them before the mk2 came out so vw didn't get stuck with them . doesn't make them greater.   anyway rant over will let you get on with your sale now. :)

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Its just sales spiel… don't take it to heart and yes the Campaigns ARE better than other Mk1 GTI's  :twisted:  :twisted:

Back to the top

kriss said

No worries :oops: Good luck with the sale :mrgreen:

Thanks

Back to the top

paul_c said

kriss said

Please only contribute on  this particular thread if you are seriously interested in buying the car, or have seen it in the flesh and are able to contribute in that way. Since this is an unusually good condition car with a price to match, it has a separate discussion thread here. If you wish to debate Campaign vs non-Campaign values, please start a new thread in the Chat section.

Thanks!

And…..good luck with the sale.

No worries Paul - I don't mind the free publicity…  hmmm I wonder if there are any other controversial comments I can make….  :twisted:  :twisted:

Also I'd just like to point out that my car unfortunately doesn't come with air-con in the boot. If wanted, thats an optional extra that I can sort out as soon as I have got a pickaxe to hand.

Back to the top
Just thought i'd add a comment, the car looks in excellent condition and with the history and low mileage you shouldn't have to much problem selling it, it looks like it has been well looked after and not abused or modified too much, i would suggest that you remove the bodykit and rear spoiler and i think this would get you your asking price.

Good luck with the sale

Back to the top
Looks like someone is going to get a very cheap Campaign because i am not taking it off the auction…  :(   I agreed to buy some property abroad and need the money for it otherwise I would have never sold it like this with no reserve.  :roll:   :(  :cry:

Back to the top
Don't worry, i'm sure the price will ramp up towards the end.  This usually happens :D How easy is it to remove the BBS bodykit and the rear spoiler?

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
you never can tell, ive had items tripple in the last 30 minutes and go for a price I am more than happy about. :D

have you had people come round and view, that would be a good sign.

good luck …

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top

djheap22 said

you never can tell, ive had items tripple in the last 30 minutes and go for a price I am more than happy about. :D

have you had people come round and view, that would be a good sign.

good luck …

No thats the problem although I think thats partially due to the short listing time, short daylight hours and the fact that one interested party tried to call me all day Monday to view the car but my phone was switched off  :roll:

Back to the top

kriss said

Don't worry, i'm sure the price will ramp up towards the end.  This usually happens :D How easy is it to remove the BBS bodykit and the rear spoiler?

The spoiler is just glued on and some other parts of the kit are also glued on with the rest being screwed on.  I did ask on this fourm and was told it wasn't too difficult.

Back to the top
Just seen the winning bid, excellent, i think thats the highest i have seen a unrestored golf go for, i bet your well happy. I stand corrected on the bodykit and spoiler.

Nice one

Back to the top
Thanks… although I reckon I would have got more in the summer  :dontknow:   But I'm happy with the outcome, plus the money from the sale of the silver GTI is going on a property abroad .  The buyer is coming over tomorrow morning.  :cry:   

But hey, I shouldn't be too upset as I have another mint Black Campaign in the garage with a fully validated 38k on the clock  :twisted:   :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Come on guys, you don't think I'd be selling this silver Campaign without having a replacement did you? The withdrawal pains would have be unbearable  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Do you plan on selling the black one someday :dontknow:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.