Skip navigation

....mad4it is banned...

Back to the top

allias

....mad4it is banned...

i must admit i read the ' mad' posts, felt a bit sorry for the other guy trying to sell his car ( which looked like it was worth every penny ) and the allias's which some people do use, which leads me to question , why ? surely their lifes cannot be that sad and boring  :dontknow:
its also unfair on the genuine new people that join the site as its getting to the point where i dont really bother with the new folks room because its hard to tell the genuine newbies from the ones that simply recreate themselves
for example one newbie ( not naming names as they may be genuine  :dontknow:  ) on here claiming to want to buy a mk1 auto cabby, then making a bid on ebay for a mk1 driver ( checked ebay and couldnt see one ending when they said it was ) people usually looking for an auto do so for a reason and no mention of this ebay driver being an auto or even any driver listed. i wouldnt of questioned this normally but for all this talk of alliases
but like i say its unfair on the newbies who are genuine and come on here looking for help and advice, we were all newbies at one time after all

83  1.5 gl all black                          sold
86  1.8 gti cab all black light mods.   restoring
87  1.8gti cab standard helios blue.   daily driver
91  1.8 auto cab gold clipper.           breaking

Back to the top
i think the count was a typo. put one too many o's in.

Back to the top
Its an inevitible corollary of running an open forum. Anyone is free to register, then post what they like; us as moderators can only react to events, rather than (wouldn't want to anyway) control them. An influx of new members is good in a way, those who are serious will find and buy their Mk1 and stick around, those who aren't, will not post again. What seems important now, will be forgotten about in the passage of time.

I think that everyone is happier with the way we run things now (allowing anyone to join), rather than for example the process used at the VW Caddy forum, where the admins approve each membership before letting newbies post.

I'm sure Alexandria's indecision can be put down to the overenthusiasm on eBay and the lure of low prices, rather than a lack of commitment.

Back to the top

illusionist1 said

It doesn?t help the fact that in my distant past I was an internet troll, and I did see that post about don?t feed the trolls-LOL, I guess it was intellectual stimulation that drove me to create mad4it and rabbit. I guess that the other moderators/forum users including yourself have other aliases but I could be wrong.

Someone round here has schizophrenia "no they havent" "Yes they have", "no they havent" Yes they have!"

rabbit

LOL

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
in the old words of elma thud

shhhh! i'm hunting wabbit.

Back to the top
i didnt name names  :oops:

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

83  1.5 gl all black                          sold
86  1.8 gti cab all black light mods.   restoring
87  1.8gti cab standard helios blue.   daily driver
91  1.8 auto cab gold clipper.           breaking

Back to the top

opentopvw said

i didnt name names  :oops:

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Wasn't hard to work out though!

Back to the top

wooders said

in the old words of elma thud

shhhh! i'm hunting wabbit.

Back to the top
My last request before I'm shot, is to say one final

LOL

mad (&co)

Back to the top

mad4itlastpost said

My last request before I'm shot, is to say one final

LOL

mad (&co)

Back to the top
they probably got 4 or 5 idents anyway :lol:  to be fair, the count (sp) mad4it, and the unusualist1 :wink:  are all one in the same, NONE of the new people come in guns a blazing normally, i remeber when i fist came on here, some….how shall we say….weapon…. called….. "younglad" was the order of the day, winding people up and talking general giberish, maybe its the same peson?
then of course you have people who are mk1 owners "2tampacs" who blatantly lied to try and sell a car :roll:
I tend to speak my mind on stuff like this, to be honest i think most people thought the same as me but didnt post it!! and after all the balling and wailing it turned out it was a shedder after all and off he went to his true calling…Rice boy hairdresser cars :lol:  the Ace cafe will never be the same again without the 400bhp 1.1 with a new front end on that was painted in someones shed! :D

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

illusionist1 said

I don?t think (imo) the use of the word prick was that bad, as you know some forum users get away with stronger words than that on almost a daily basis.

PS, Are you going to give mad and rabbit another chance or is he out for thecount?

LOL!!!

i did not think it was mad4it who actually used that word anyway was it, it was george dixon, or is he the same person aswell.

did he really get banned for that or was it actually all the posts that he set up just to provoke people

Back to the top
With respect, you don't really understand the full story and whats actually going on here.

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

then of course you have people who are mk1 owners "2tampacs" who blatantly lied to try and sell a car :roll:
I tend to speak my mind on stuff like this, to be honest i think most people thought the same as me but didnt post it!! and after all the balling and wailing it turned out it was a shedder after all and off he went to his true calling…Rice boy hairdresser cars :lol:  the Ace cafe will never be the same again without the 400bhp 1.1 with a new front end on that was painted in someones shed! :D

8O

i went to view that car, 400 mile trip. glad i walked away after reading up about it about 5 months after

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
:lol: So i kinda did you a favour wiv me straight talking then john :wink:  besides the car you have now is soooooo clean and straight its obscene!

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
LOL

Back to the top
you need help m8

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

:lol: So i kinda did you a favour wiv me straight talking then john :wink:  besides the car you have now is soooooo clean and straight its obscene!

cheers totr, paid the same for that as he wanted for his  :?

could tell straight away when we saw it that it wasn't right!

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
LOL
There are too many online users to list.