Skip navigation

NEVER LET ANY ONE DRIVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top

Re: mk1

NEVER LET ANY ONE DRIVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonathanCorkonian said

machine said

Because he knows alot about mk1's he was meant to be helping me with my other project (getting it finished) and buying everything else that i needed. I'm using most things from this car like the engine, brakes and  interior etc for my project but the rest has now gone to the scrappers or been sold on unfortunately.
He has been under alot of stress and upset with things i cant go into so hopefully when the air has cleared and he is feeling better he will help me out a bit ;)

he is a close mate of the families so i'm pretty sure he wont pull a fast one :D

Was he insured to drive your car ?

If so claim off the insurance & or report him to the law by saying he had you held hostage in your car when the accident occurred & your only now feeling strong enough to come forward about the incident for you had been intimidated into accepting the replacement car.  I'd sue the love potatoes off of him & nothing less than that.

Totally agree, you cant replace a mk1 with a mk3 its a sin he should replace like 4 like

Back to the top

Re: mk1

JonathanCorkonian said

machine said

Because he knows alot about mk1's he was meant to be helping me with my other project (getting it finished) and buying everything else that i needed. I'm using most things from this car like the engine, brakes and  interior etc for my project but the rest has now gone to the scrappers or been sold on unfortunately.
He has been under alot of stress and upset with things i cant go into so hopefully when the air has cleared and he is feeling better he will help me out a bit ;)

he is a close mate of the families so i'm pretty sure he wont pull a fast one :D

Was he insured to drive your car ?

If so claim off the insurance & or report him to the law by saying he had you held hostage in your car when the accident occurred & your only now feeling strong enough to come forward about the incident for you had been intimidated into accepting the replacement car.  I'd sue the love potatoes off of him & nothing less than that.

Best of luck

come on man, that's a little harsh. he has agreed to help machine with his other mk1, accidents do happen. also machine said he is a good friend who is going through a lot right now so i think that's a little out of order

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
its all well and good saying claim on insurance but they will look at a car price guide and say like they did mine last year write off and say its a mk1 golf of 20 odd yrs old worth ?900 like they did mine they didnt take into consideration the TSR lump in the front or the ?2000 I've spent since a bought it luckily for me the company who's driver run me off the road settle with a cash offer so was never registered as a write off, so claiming ain't all that it is cracked up to be,,,,,,, get hard cash off him now now now..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I still stay right foot in his undercarriage, wont get your car back but atleast he will know why he cant walk properly :wink:

Giving it the "bigun" in someone elses car when you think you can drive is a no no, and that crash is an example of what a little skill in an adeqaute car does! too fast for the road he was on, and bad judgement never a good recipe…….you live and learn though, friendship is one thing, somethings cant be forgiven!

Ps did the electric windows work ok?

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Re: NEVER LET ANY ONE DRIVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

machine said

NEVER LET ANY ONE DRIVE YOUR CAR NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY THINK THEY ARE AT DRIVING!!!!!
BEFORE:

AFTER:

NEVER LET LET ANYONE GET AWAY WITH DOING THAT TO YOUR CAR!!!!!

I hope everything works out for ya Machine  :wink:

Back to the top
that is a shame another Mk1 gone to the Mk1 heaven in the sky  :cry:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
damn right you shouldnt let anybody drive your car

car had just had a fortune spent on it been on road two days it was lent out to a "friend" citroen ax pulled out. long story short i bought it rebuilt and 3 years ago it looked like this

unfortunatly it dosent look like this anymore another very long story
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.