Skip navigation

mk1 scirocco storm, whats it worth?

Back to the top

mk1 scirocco storm, whats it worth?

been offered a mk1 rocco storm in brown with biscuit coloured leather its mot'd and taxed and pretty standard, anyone now its true value? how many were regestered in uk? are panels still availible if the worst happened? part of me wants to have the car as its retro cool 8)

all comments appreciated

Back to the top
I think I know the car. It was on Pistonheads for a while, its in Scotland. I haven't seen the car, though. I was after it too, but I couldn't justify a 5th car. Now I have the space, the ad's gone…. so I assumed someone bought it.

Back to the top
lovely cars. i actualy like them a bit more than the golf. values are so hard to pin down on something like that. most watercooled vw fans are more golf orientated, so there is a larger market to sell to. the panels could well be a problem, but most of the parts are as easy/hard to source as the mk1 golf. what sort of money are they asking for it?

Back to the top
according to this site, there were only 300 made in havana brown, http://www.sciroccoreg…r.co.uk/as/as_history.htm

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

mk1john said

according to this site, there were only 300 made in havana brown, http://www.sciroccoreg…r.co.uk/as/as_history.htm

The Mk1 Scirocco Storm was indeed a rare and special car. Unlike the MK1 Golf Campaign (which was not that much better equipped than the equivalent non-Campaign, all told) it had leather upholstry and exclusive colours, making it desirable in its time. And they definitely kept it as a limited production numbers car.

Unfortunately, later on the marketeers cottoned on to this and devalued the name a bit, by doing a Mk2 Scirocco Storm and a Corrado Storm too.

Back to the top

paul_c said

I think I know the car. It was on Pistonheads for a while, its in Scotland. I haven't seen the car, though. I was after it too, but I couldn't justify a 5th car. Now I have the space, the ad's gone…. so I assumed someone bought it.

is this the car?

the adverts here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/215341.htm

Back to the top

paul_c said

mk1john said

The Mk1 Scirocco Storm was indeed a rare and special car. Unlike the MK1 Golf Campaign (which was not that much better equipped than the equivalent non-Campaign, all told) it had leather upholstry and exclusive colours, making it desirable in its time. And they definitely kept it as a limited production numbers car.

Unfortunately, later on the marketeers cottoned on to this and devalued the name a bit, by doing a Mk2 Scirocco Storm and a Corrado Storm too.

my apologies, the figure of 300 storms was for mk2s

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

bigdave said

paul_c said

is this the car?

the adverts here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/215341.htm

Yes, that's the one. Are you thinking of buying it?

Back to the top
thats it im viewing this week. i have original storm alloys lying in my shed to replace the p slots 8)

Back to the top
wish i had kept my mouth closed now , got a feeling im going to loose car now :x

Back to the top
ive got no interest in buying it at the moment! im far too busy trying to scrape the money together to buy a mk1 golf!!  :wink:

Back to the top
You could still have it, if you gazump me and offer more than I've offered. I've put a cheque in the post as a deposit but that's not a given, it could still fall through for me. In fairness, I was looking at the car over a month ago and it was just circumstances at the time which prevented me buying it then.

Back to the top
wow i am shocked  8O , no words will describe what im thinking just now, a car less than an hour away from me and you do this.

Back to the top
The Scirocco storm is aesthetically more pleasing that the mk1 golf. I had one of these is the 80?s and got so carried away with the revving that I blew up the engine on the m25, the engine made an almighty bang in the outside lane of the motorway. It's one of my all time favorites.

You?ve got yourself a cheap one :wink:

Back to the top

dubhighland said

wow i am shocked  8O , no words will describe what im thinking just now, a car less than an hour away from me and you do this.

I'm not stopping you buy it!

Back to the top
brian has just phoned me to tell me you are coming up on the 10th november and sending a cheque, i only have myself to blame should of kept my mouth shut, just did not think you were very fair what you have done.

Back to the top
go see it before the 10th with the cash in your pocket!  :wink:

Back to the top

bigdave said

Exactly!

He also mentioned that you were seeking a part ex, versus me paying cash. I explained that I'd seen being discussed on a forum and I have given him every opportunity to still show you the car, possibly do a deal, and tear up my cheque. Its up to the seller, not me, by no means is the car mine yet. So I don't feel guilty at all about this!

Back to the top

bigdave said

good advice. i know i'm going to.

Back to the top

wooders said

bigdave said

good advice. i know i'm going to.

Maybe he should have sold it on eBay! There's now 3 of us after it!!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.