Skip navigation

My Resto - THE epic saga

Back to the top

My Resto - THE epic saga

No pics, but thought I'd update

The wings are now done and back on (forgot how badly they fitted and didn't sort before paint.. D'OH! will have to live with it for now), I've resolved most of the fusebox gremlins for now

8O Just booked an MOT for next friday at 8:45am! don't have too much to do really, sort out a few lighting issues and fit a few more parts (horn, license plates.. the little things)

I've got next week off so I'll get some pics done

One thing I have noticed is the passenger side wheel is quiet stiff to spin, it's not the brakes or CV's binding as they're new, feel's like the gearbox

anyone had this before?  :dontknow:  I'm going to swap the gearbox oil out next week and see if there's anything obvious

with a bit of luck it'll pass, then I'll treat it to a drive  :mrgreen:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Cracking stuff!!  not long now till it's on the road  :lol:

Back to the top
Nice work phil! Car is looking good!

My brother had a black Mk1 with those wheels. They do suit the car…

I've been away from the forums for what seems like years, though with my car needing a bit of work again, I thought I'd drop in and take a look.
(took me 30 mins to work out my ID and Password!)

Nice to see the same old crowd are still here.   :D

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

Nice work phil! Car is looking good!

My brother had a black Mk1 with those wheels. They do suit the car…

I've been away from the forums for what seems like years, though with my car needing a bit of work again, I thought I'd drop in and take a look.
(took me 30 mins to work out my ID and Password!)

Nice to see the same old crowd are still here.   :D

You still alive  :D How is that MK1 ?  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I echo what Chudd said, your red Mk1 got me really in to Mk1s when it was in the Golf mag Al!

Back to the top
Good to see your still about Al!  :D how's your mk1 been?

:evil: found the heater matrix leaking yesterday so pulled it out

Spent £200 at GSF today on a new fusebox, heater matrix and heater valve, money well spent if it stops leaking water like an incontinent dog all over the garage and the electrics don't have a mind of their own  :D

Got a busy day tomorrow!

I'll get some pics up when I'm on a decent internet connection

Back to the top
Looking forward to the pics mate!!  Let us know what the fit is like for the GSF fuse box because I'm interested  :wink:

Back to the top
Cheers guys.

Golf has been great, though got taken off the road and SORN about 18 months ago as couldn't run three cars! Still starts on the key, even though it has been standing (garaged) through all of this cold weather we have had! Smoked a bit when I started it the other day, but soon cleared up…
It really needs the rear arches doing now, so I have logged in to dig up some of the old threads I remember with the all the pics.
Going to start to collect some parts in readiness for the summer and do a bit of work.

First shot at bodywork welding, here I come!  :mrgreen:

Think I might put a dashboard back in - unsure at the moment.
I am really missing not having it on the road though!

Back to the top
Looking forward to seeing the project thread Al

Well, after a new heater matrix which wasn't as difficult as I'd imagined to fit, heater valve, fusebox and hazard switch….

she passed the MOT  :mrgreen: but (and very embarrassingly) it seems the issue of hot starting has returned with a nasty bite!  :redfaced: yes, you guessed it

I pull into the MOT station (been going there for years and a couple of friends work next door… turn the car off as I've got to wait for another MOT to finish… guy says "right, bring it in then"…. and she wouldn't start!  :banghead: anyway after about 30 minutes, getting a second battery and jump leads, having everyone laugh at me (but still got some great comments about the car) got it started and MOT'd

I'm still going to pop up to the milton keynes meet tomorrow  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
YAY WELL DONE MATE CONGRATS !!!!  There's nothing like the nerves of going for an MOT then the grin afterwards… outstanding mate  :mrgreen: …. and we'll see you at the meet tomorrow… cracking stuff.

Back to the top
Nice one Phill - well done! 8)

Rich

Back to the top
well done mate really enjoyed reading this thread, she looks great :clap:

Back to the top
Been interested to try and get some info and history on my mk1 so thought I would do a bit of hunting low and behold I now own this mk1 and have done for the past 15months!! Should I update on here and keep this build thread going?

1.8 16valve mk1 series 2 black.  barp!

Seat inca 1.9 sd van

Back to the top
The other option is you could start a new thread beginning with a link to this thread and you could post a link to your new thread in this thread :?

Back to the top
I have one on another forum but going to continue this one I think

Seat inca 1.9 sd van

Back to the top
Any updates on this car?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Yeah lots if your interested in it I will post em up are u a previous owner?

Seat inca 1.9 sd van

Back to the top
Well just a little one till I get home from work it's now got a new rebuilt valver motor in it running gsxr bike carbs and some oz Vega split rims but i will do a proper update when I get in from work as have lots of pics it's only been back on road last few weeks

Seat inca 1.9 sd van

Back to the top
I didn't owner it but I do know the old owner.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

Seat inca 1.9 sd van
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.