Skip navigation

Chris Burnett's Campaign back up for sale

Back to the top

Chris Burnett's Campaign back up for sale

Unfortunately it has to go as i am moving abroad in the new year.

1984 A Plate 1800 Campaign in Llhasa green the car is presented in great alround condition.Fantastic interior with no rips or tears nice uncut parcel shelf and retrimmed campaign steering wheel. 9 months Mot 150000 miles comprehensive service history. The car comes fitted with TSR ported and polished head with a fast road camshaft

Recent work

4 new wheel bearings
mk 2 16v brake servo and master cylinder
Complete renewal of all copper brake lines
Braide Flexi hoses front and rear
Vauxhall Cavailier front caliper upgrade
mk 2 16v black diamond groved front discs
Ferodo DS2500 fast road pads

This car stops now like no other mark 1 i have ever driven.

Phone Liam 07976278729 for further details

Back to the top
price?

Back to the top

Back to the top
where are you based and how much please..?

Back to the top

butler said

where are you based and how much please..?
same question as above cheers

Mint MK1 Wanted PM me

Back to the top
I'm based in Northamptonshire and i'm looking for around 2900 for the car

Thanks Liam

Back to the top
Come and have a look before i change my mind i'm waiting on a price to ship it out to Thailand !!!

Back to the top
Reduced price looking for 2500 you will not be disapointed this car is mint!!

Back to the top
Can you back up what you are saying by posting a few more detailed pictures? You have stated that the car is mint, so if you can post the pictures asap rabbit may just well be interested.

mad

I hope you can count?

Back to the top
I will post some more photo's tommorow

Back to the top
Is that tomorrow never?

mad (rabbit's waiting)

I hope you can count?

Back to the top
The camera broke or something?

I hope you can count?

Back to the top
Sorry guy's went away for the weekend will run the sponge over her tomorrow first thing and post them so everybody can have a good look.

Sorry Liam

Back to the top
No problem, will look forward to the pictures.

rabbit

I hope you can count?

Back to the top
Sorry for the delay fella's

Back to the top
….who is chris burnett>>>>???????

Back to the top
Has this had a respray?  If so when?  Is there any bubbles or rust or defects ANYWHERE on te car, no matter how small?

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top

GeorgeDixon said

….who is chris burnett>>>>???????

Chris owned this car last and was a club member and Moderator on the forum before he lost his way and sold his MK1  :(

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Hi,

Apologies I don't get on here very much at all anymore, so only just seen this as someone PM-ed me about it. Just to confirm this was my Lhasa green Campaign, and it is a very original car with lots of history in very good condition.

I can also vouch for Liam (finchyboy), as being a straight up guy to deal with. The interior, especially the seats, parcel shelf and door cards are all in fantastic condition. They came from a lhasa green Mk1 that had been written off with only 60K miles on the clock. The wheel I had on it was an original Campaign one with a professional retrim by none other than our own Crazyquiff.

I sold the car with a full automec copper brake pipe kit and braided flexi hoses which I believe Liam has fitted along with upgraded master cylinder and new brake compensator valve. The grill has the original Campaign fogs, and the P-slots are also genuine Campaign items. It also had a brand new Bosch fuel reg, coil, leads and dizzy cap only a few thousand miles ago, plus new heater matrix and Bosch battery.

The only reason I sold the car in the first place was it had sat in my garage for about 18months after failing its MOT on a faulty brake compensator valve. I wanted to fit the new automec kit and hoses and return the engine to original spec. Unfortunately I never seemed to get the time to do the work and eventually ended up spending the cash I had put aside on other things so reluctantly decided to sell to Liam.

I bought the car back in 2004 from a member of the original Campaign Register (Rob I think his name was), who lived around the Worcester area. I think it had been in his family for a few years. The car has a lot of original paperwork including most of the tax disks and MOT's back to when it was new.

I'll try and dig out some photos of the car from when I had it and post a link here.

Its a very good original example of a Campaign and the price he is asking is very fair imho.

[edit]

Here are a couple of photos from when I had the car - I'll add more if I find them:
http://picasaweb.googl…paign?authkey=Nx2_Y8wvLMI

[/edit]

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Hi Chris hope you're well thanks for the post and the background info on the car. It breaks my heart to sell it's the only realistic option after the price i got to ship it to Thailand!!
As the Chris mentioned the car will come with a lovely freshly retrimmed campaign steering wheel at the moment it's wearing a lovely period GTI engineering wheel but that unlike the car WILL be coming to Thailand with me as a memento.
I don't know if i mentioned it but the original p slot alloys have all been recently powdercoated properly (with black powdercoat in the p slot) at great expense. They really do look fantastic.
If i'm honest the pictures i have taken don't really do the car justice as i have been using the car all week and just quickly threw the sponge over it. A couple of hours with the back to black and the tootbrush and it really does look special.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.