Skip navigation

1982 Mk1 Standard GTi - Minter

Back to the top

1982 Mk1 Standard GTi - Minter

ha, had to laugh about this thread!

I put ?3000 to begin with as I didn't have a clue what to ask for. I even stated this in the original post, I wasn't expecting ?3000 or anywhere near it to be honest it was just a feeler.

But the way some of you have carried on I found it quite amusing.

Anyway as paul mentioned the car is back up for sale with what I believe to be a sensible price.

Again I'm not expecting the full asking price hence the O.N.O so please don't bother replying if you're going to make negative comments

Back to the top
Well good luck with your sale… hope you don't get hounded like last time, but to be honest, I find it very hard to believe that you didn't have a clue  what to ask for seeing as you are quite a regular on Club GTI…  but good luck anyway.  :)

Back to the top
i'll give him ?500 and for that I want the phone number of the garage he used so I can get next years MOT!!

1988 convertible  sapphireblau
ChipsAway -- Car Scratch Repair - Smart Repairs
chipsawaybelper@aol.com

Back to the top

robdcfc1 said

i'll give him ?500 and for that I want the phone number of the garage he used so I can get next years MOT!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

illyun said

robdcfc1 said

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I feel ?500 (WITH MOT) is about the right price. The car is not total junk - there's potential there for a reasonable project. Its unfortunate that one of the wings will need replace/repair and respraying (maybe you'd be lucky and get another mars red one, saving on painting?) and maybe the corrosion around the right rear seat belt could be fixed and only require painting inside the boot. Thus, avoiding a respray.

But there's probably more corrosion underneath and in other hidden areas too. Also, the paintwork looks a bit blotchy, you can't really tell from the pics.

The MoT is handy for the next owner - it means at least it could be driven home, though I wouldn't want to risk driving around in it - that corrosion in the boot area is a pretty obvious invitation for the police to pull you over and declare the car unroadworthy, slapping a VDRN (or worse) on you.

Back to the top
PS Is that accident damage on the rear panel, to the right, just below the  rear light?

Back to the top
Back up on ebay is it?
Repaired the problems??

Back to the top
Hmm!! Either those gaping holes have been repaired or thats not the most honest e-bay description in the world :dontknow:

Back to the top
I mailed him to ask - and he has not done any repairs!!
He's gonna have to be careful or someone will not be happy when they turn up to collect the car having paid the non refundable 200 deposite.

ADDED - Gareth has just mailed me to state that the car is going in for repair today, so if this changes anyone's opinion on the car and they want to take a look after the repairs are done, give him a shout.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Whats the betting that this is back up on Ebay next week due to buyer not wanting to proceed. With a far fetched story attached about time wasters, when in fact its because the car is just not honestly and accurately described. It does look mint in the photos but as we know, having had acess to other photos, its just not. If i travelled over from Ireland to buy that and saw whats lurking on that inner arch, repaired or not, id be furious. Rather him than me.

Back to the top
His best bet would be start bidding at ?100 get ball rolling, surely even 1k is too much, like others mentioned, surely more unsightly corrosion elsewhere.
Mine is back in bodyshop again as i am a fussy bugger, only had it resprayed 15 month back and now fully stripped it down and getting a new coat again.
Leather trim, a 97 model so less rust than earlier models, private plate, i can go on, so mine must be worth 6k then, honestly if i were to sell mine and from previous offers i've had from people on the road so they can slap a g60 or vr6 into i would get 3k no worries.
I do feel sorry for the seller when he clearly is trying to make a quick buck and hope some idiot pops up and buys for asking price.
he forgot he has posted on one of the uk's main mk1 sites and plenty of experienced owners, so a place not to take the mickey.
Good luck for your sale, i have no need to slam you, the answers you require will come in the price you get
Pete

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

His best bet would be start bidding at ?100 get ball rolling, surely even 1k is too much, like others mentioned, surely more unsightly corrosion elsewhere.
Mine is back in bodyshop again as i am a fussy bugger, only had it resprayed 15 month back and now fully stripped it down and getting a new coat again.
Leather trim, a 97 model so less rust than earlier models, private plate, i can go on, so mine must be worth 6k then, honestly if i were to sell mine and from previous offers i've had from people on the road so they can slap a g60 or vr6 into i would get 3k no worries.
I do feel sorry for the seller when he clearly is trying to make a quick buck and hope some idiot pops up and buys for asking price.
he forgot he has posted on one of the uk's main mk1 sites and plenty of experienced owners, so a place not to take the mickey.
Good luck for your sale, i have no need to slam you, the answers you require will come in the price you get
Pete

its seems hes posted it on every forum vw related
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.