Skip navigation

1982 Mk1 Standard GTi - Minter

Back to the top

1982 Mk1 Standard GTi - Minter

Topoftherange said

(especially as he put on cgti he only paid ?800 for it 8O )

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

OMG,

what so has he put over 2 k in it to make it now worth the 3 k  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

bigdave said

spot the difference:

That rear arch is a very difficult repair. On the other side of the hole is the suspension springs and an L shaped projection which makes the whole are stronger. I repaired mine properly by fitting a new inner arch. Its a difficult job to do, not for the faint hearted.

Back to the top

Kenno said

so has he put over 2 k in it to make it now worth the 3 k  :mrgreen:

maybe he sat and poked fivers thru that hole on the way down the road!

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

The car has potential………….but thta costs ? so if the price reflected that then he will sell it…………….the asking price is Late or very very clean Gti money or even Rivage or sportline money……….

Its not happening at 3k in my opinion (especially as he put on cgti he only paid ?800 for it 8O )

are you just an idiot? I did not pay 800 for it. and it's irrelevant what I paid for it. If I picked it up for 100 or even 200 then it's up to me what I sell it for. I'm not going to pass on a car based on what I originally paid for it.

I've put a mint interior in it, standard alloys and made it look standard.

It now has a years MOT and tax, taht's worth a few quid. Yes you could pick up original mk1's for less. But I've been there before and they always end up costing more in the long run.

With this one I've showed you exactly what needs doing. I could have easily hid the bad bits and wasted people's time by inviting them to view

I'm not asking your opinion what it's worth or to highlight any problems

I've put I'm open to offers, and I also said in my original post "I'm not sure what to value this at, so I'll start with 3000"

If you were smart enough you would realise this means I'm open to offers.

When I bought my last mk1 I went to see loads of other examples and I've seen the type of crap out there. At least I've been honest with my advert.

I'm not asking "you" to buy it, so if you've got nothing better to say then why post??

Market price is where supply = demand. Basic economics really. So if someone is genuinely interested (unlike trolls like you) then first of all they will come and visit, secondly they will make an offer on what they are willing to pay

Back to the top

Sorry Gareth, couldn't resist it!

Fair enough you've been honest showing the condition of the car, I think the main reason you've got so much stick is because of the word 'minter' in the title. It's a bit dissapointing to see the car in such a state when the title claims it's a 'minter'.

Also the fact that it has a years MOT is shocking based on the rot in that rear arch surely it's structural!?.

Really that MOT should be disregarded, as it will have a hefty comeback on the garage that MOT'd it. If the cars structural bodywork is in a bad state (within 3 months of the ticket being issued) and it couldn't have deteriorated in that period of 3 months then VOSA will inspect the MOT station and they could loose their MOT license. Was it a mate who put a ticket on it?

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

Shocked

He paid ?800 and wants ?3000 because he washed the car and put in a 'mint' interior (I only hope its not 'mint' like the car)  :dontknow:  Gareth, you've got a few posts to your name on the forum… surely you must have learned a thing or to about Mk1's by now? I'd be well embarassed to ask for that mch with a straight face  :oops:

Back to the top
Sorry, just checked on CGTI.. you paid ?900 for it and probably bought it as you did not know about the serious rust inside the 'boot (as it) did not open from the outside' when you first had it…  8O

http://www.clubgti.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=132776&page=2

Back to the top
Despite all the 'oh you're asking way too much' forget that its your car at the end of the day you reserve the right to ask what you want for it. However poor your valuation may be.

Main thing I cant understand is why you put 'Minter' ?

Surely you have looked at cars on here in far better condition than this? to be honest my weee 1.1's probably in better nick! Payed ?650 for it like.

Anyway fair does, hope it goes to a good home  :)

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

Gareth83 said

Topoftherange said

The car has potential………….but thta costs ? so if the price reflected that then he will sell it…………….the asking price is Late or very very clean Gti money or even Rivage or sportline money……….

Its not happening at 3k in my opinion (especially as he put on cgti he only paid ?800 for it 8O )

are you just an idiot? I did not pay 800 for it. and it's irrelevant what I paid for it. If I picked it up for 100 or even 200 then it's up to me what I sell it for. I'm not going to pass on a car based on what I originally paid for it.

I've put a mint interior in it, standard alloys and made it look standard.

It now has a years MOT and tax, taht's worth a few quid. Yes you could pick up original mk1's for less. But I've been there before and they always end up costing more in the long run.

With this one I've showed you exactly what needs doing. I could have easily hid the bad bits and wasted people's time by inviting them to view

I'm not asking your opinion what it's worth or to highlight any problems

I've put I'm open to offers, and I also said in my original post "I'm not sure what to value this at, so I'll start with 3000"

If you were smart enough you would realise this means I'm open to offers.

When I bought my last mk1 I went to see loads of other examples and I've seen the type of crap out there. At least I've been honest with my advert.

I'm not asking "you" to buy it, so if you've got nothing better to say then why post??

Market price is where supply = demand. Basic economics really. So if someone is genuinely interested (unlike trolls like you) then first of all they will come and visit, secondly they will make an offer on what they are willing to pay

:lol:  Nice rant mate……..Large male chicken……. a doodle doo…….

Just for the record you need to find a Genuine Idiot to buy that im afraid…..I wouldnt want to buy the car to be honest, maybe in parts :dontknow:  like others have also said its NOT mint nor is it Nice……………the wings and inner arches are hanging off it and its has a lot of rust…………..supply and demand eh…….last time i looked there was no demand for spending 3k or "open to offers" on a car that needs so much work

the fact you put an interior in it tells you its been stored in damp and unsuitable conditions for those 6 years

sorry you think its an assasination attempt..but can you really expect mk1 owners already to not notice that it isnt mint? its a WAY OFF DESCRIPTION, and thats your idea of mint.

what is your definition of a "fit" bird then?

:lol:  the troll offers a tenner

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Gareth's Minter

….come on guys, let's be fair here.. it's not every day you come acroos a 'Mint' Mk1 with Air-con in the boot is it……?? Surely ?3k is a steal for sucha  luxury……

…..Gareth mate - bit of advice (coming from an economist) - with your supply & demand theory.. stick to ur day job!

1983 Lhasa Green Golf GTI

Back to the top
You lot are harsh…… aircon!  :lol:

Back to the top

Trolls?

sump said

You lot are harsh…… aircon!  :lol:

Maybe we should rename this forum 'TrollsRUs'  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I dont think any of the justified comments are harsh……..we are all on here for one reason only..the love and preservation of the mk1 golf in any form.
when someone comes along with a "bargain" wrongly described and then  states a car that needs new inner rear arches amongst other things and describes it as "mint" then im afraid it will get shot down.

despite whatever the purchase price was to the seller ?800 ?900 it matters not :dontknow:  people need to realise the realistic value of a car in this condition, its got an mot apparantly? done over the phone or by a back street garage who arent on the computer linked system yet i expect :roll: , I can state catergoricly that car will not pass an mot with rot so close to the main rear suspension mount, there is also rot further down that arch which has had rust cure put on it!!! like thats gonna help!

some people obviously think they have bought a bargain only to try and punt it on to some young guy whos new to the vw scene or a bit green and rushes in as it "looks" a decent car, im afraid your no better than robbing his bank account!

Its a project, and once you start digging that will become a full resto, 1k- 1200 current condition maybe :dontknow: ………only worth 3k once its restored, and if you do all the work, which will cost 2k, its not viable to sell it on for that as it would then be a sound solid car which IS harder to find, i have seen better go for ?500 on ebay

maybe the owner may re think who he calls an idiot next time? :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
OOOOOH THATS MINT BABY :lol: FOR SALE MK1 1.3 RED ?5000, FOR SALE MK2 GTI BRIGHT BLUE METALLIC ?7000, NO OFFERS

Back to the top

blue8v said

OOOOOH THATS MINT BABY :lol: FOR SALE MK1 1.3 RED ?5000, FOR SALE MK2 GTI BRIGHT BLUE METALLIC ?7000, NO OFFERS

The blue one looks nice… I love Mk2's… but does it have aftermarket aircon like that Mint Red Mk1 I saw earlier.  Well worth the money though … mint  8)

Back to the top
The blue one looks nice… I love Mk2's… but does it have aftermarket aircon like that Mint Red
no mate sorry no aircon in either of them, can get a quote from a farmer with a 12 bore tho. :lol:

Back to the top

blue8v said

The blue one looks nice… I love Mk2's… but does it have aftermarket aircon like that Mint Red
no mate sorry no aircon in either of them, can get a quote from a farmer with a 12 bore tho. :lol:

If he's experienced enough - can you get the one who did the last job?  Although I reckon he must have used a RPG or something….  :twisted:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Are you seriously asking ?500 pounds more for that old shitter then i want for mine ? You're having a laugh surely !!!!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32154

Back to the top
:banghead:  :banghead:  8O  8O  :(  :(  

SOLD MINE FOR ?2000 FOR SOME STRANGE REASON!!! 2 THOUSAND! what was i thinking…….

RECEIPTS FOR 9K (and i really do have them)

but yeah sold mine for 2k..

http://alexblundell.co.uk/gallery2/v/mycars/golf/

Think mine was worth 3k but couldnt wait as buying a house!!! Seriously dude if you get it fair play, but i think your taking the pee!

Alfie

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Now up for sale again with a new ad, here.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.