Skip navigation

Roll Over Jig/Spit

Back to the top

Roll Over Jig/Spit

just welling on a patch but yeah, maybe not the best idea....wheres the best point to place the axle stands if not on the sill?

1983 1500 GL Resto

2003 Leon Cupra

Back to the top
i've used a few places - for the rear - theres a flat section inside of the inner sill just ahed of the front axle mounting - its about 2" wide and gets narrower towards the front.

as for the rear - there is a round formed nodule thing that sticks down, just inside of that towards the transmission tunnel the metal here is very thick - possible the thickest on the car - block of wood on top of your stand - job done.

MAKE SURE ITS SAFE BEFOE YOU GET UNDER IT!!!

?10K down - almost gave in! 95% done!!!!!

Back to the top
thats great, cheers mate, and don't worry i do always make sure it's safe!

1983 1500 GL Resto

2003 Leon Cupra

Back to the top

Roll over spit

Hi guys, anyone have any dimensions for this jig, nd what aterials to use? as there is one on ebay for ?170

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150284686551&Category=27385&_trksid=p3907.m29

is this worth it or should i get my own made??

Birmingham

Back to the top
unsure to be honest - at this price - something has to give as if its purely steel and labour then he aint making a lot!
Stell is currently ?200 per ton, scrap.  when i made mine - the steel i used was approx ?75 trade, and a good 6 hours welding - at todays prices - double the steel cost - make your own mind up!

I sold mine for ?375 (i think) and it was a fair price - after all i even painted it!..

seriously - it looks a bit weedy - but the choice, is yours!

?10K down - almost gave in! 95% done!!!!!

Back to the top

sPIT

Birmingham
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.