Skip navigation

just got pulled

Back to the top

just got pulled

right we all know there not down with teh fuzzz

but what happens if we wack a blue or a GB sticker over the D

as my german plates being the reg that is it look pretty much teh same as teh originals, just teh D gets me worried

after all it is an old car, and really old cars can still use there metal pressed plates?

any help would b fab

cheers Ash

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
:lol:  GB sticker, isle of man sticker….the list could go on….they are STILL ilegal!!! its the wrong font and numbers and wrong size for UK plates and the rear HAS to be YELLOW

i know everyone likes them plates and all seem to hate the police (or at least the attention from them) so why not just run metal British type plates or normal acrylic ones to avoid it? and the fine that can go with it

Its no good putting your hand in a fire then blaming someone else when you get burned is it!!

Were not German!! what about our "Proud to be British" attitude? I love Germna cars but i see no point in making people think/believe im German when im driving along…..if you want that then go on holiday and hog the sunbeds with beach towels at 5am!!!!!

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
why not buy a set of german plates as 'show plates' and put them on at shows and when you want to take pics coz rest of the time no other road user is even going to notice. the only reason the police notice is because its their job!

Back to the top
^ thats whet a lot of people do….and if you buy a set of German dealer surround/plate holders it takes 2 minutes to change em over, you can get some really nice plate surrounds now, im gonna be getting some "Colditz" dealer ones shortly, now that is a quality advert for both British and German :lol:  they built it! we escaped from it!!

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

Back to the top
It's outrageous how picky they can be. All I've got that is non-UK is a swastika painted on the roof, twin ex-Messerschmitt machine guns mounted on the bonnet and the car horn adapted to sound like a diving Stukka… and I get pulled all the time!

_

Back to the top
no points system, no agendas, nothing,  One disgruntled copper on the telly who served for 5 minutes and hes got everyone believing, he probably was given a target as he was useless and didnt generate his own work!!! did anyone consider that? take it from me guys performance is monitored obviously, but there is no set "target" or anything else, if you see an offence its dealt with however is seen fit,
if you bend the rules sometimes they break….simple as :D

no really that is true, i no a beat bobby an a traffic plod who are leaving due to the fact that upholding the law and making a great bonus in a months pay packet are tilting the wrong way,

y are there more smackheads than cars with illegal plates/ blown bulbs etc etc, to catch a smackhead they have to get off their arse's an do summat,

you fone the "so called" police an say "my cars been nicked" they say "heres a crime number"

or you can try

" theirs some lads in a car not wearing seat belts an music on loud" you get the whole force,

yes they work on a points league, not sure exactly whats what but i know they get more points for a car with no seat belt, a light out etc compaired to catching an assylum seeker, hence so many "rent a cops" doing the rounds in villages, to hand out asbos to kids while the real cops find faults with cars.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Volksaction F

Back to the top
Talk about red rag to a bull...........

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
pete

You clearly dont know what your talking about mate, you read to many right wing newspapers
If you dont approve of the methods the police use or how they do the job then why not become one yourself and change it?
Armchair critics all over the country know how best to do loads of things as far as i can see
There is no point in posting a semi literate rant about something you hardly know anything about just because "my mate said" information
i have been a copper for 5 1/2 years and in that time i have NEVER given someone a ticket for a number plate!!! too busy dealing with other important stuff and sorting out idiots who drink cans of stella to excess and then beat each other up…commonly known as "domestics"
The only rants and digruntlement you EVER hear about is when someone gets stopped in their car for something THEY new was ilegal but still did it anyway, unfortunately if you put the bullets in the gun then someone else can fire them at you im afraid
As for the crime number comment well i guess thats true…but why would you want a police officer standing around your house looking at an empty spot hwere your car used to be? surely out looking for it or monitoring ANPR for any movement of the vehicle is more benificial than a "personal visit"? everyone thinks their crime is the most important and the only one in the world!! and expects unreasonable and sometimes impposible service from the police because they themselves have built up in their own mind how something should be done
Next time im pulling someone from an exhaust fume filled car or giving someone CPR or disarming a knife weilding lunatic whos threatening to stab people i will be sure thinking of looking out for a car with a German number plate or a light out or how many tick boxes i can fill in in  :banghead:

Back to the top
i understand that police go through rubbish jobs (ive hade 3 friends pulled out of cars due to them driving like idiots) i know i personaly wouldnt like to go through for all the money in the world.

i have my reasons why i dont respect most officers, but i cant be arsed arguing my points over to you, i may as well pay my ?1 a week an hope ill win the lottery, i'll have more chance

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Volksaction F

Back to the top
I feel we are all getting off the point.
German plates uk registered car, German style plates on said uk registered car illegal full stop period for those across the pond, end of story use them for show not road the police have to up hold the law regardless of weather they agree with that part of the law or not
don't use the plates don't brake the law regardless of crime end of thread………………………………………………………………………………….

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

Back to the top

pete_n_mel said

no really that is true, i no a beat bobby an a traffic plod who are leaving due to the fact that upholding the law and making a great bonus in a months pay packet are tilting the wrong way,

y are there more smackheads than cars with illegal plates/ blown bulbs etc etc, to catch a smackhead they have to get off their arse's an do summat,

you fone the "so called" police an say "my cars been nicked" they say "heres a crime number"

or you can try

" theirs some lads in a car not wearing seat belts an music on loud" you get the whole force,

yes they work on a points league, not sure exactly whats what but i know they get more points for a car with no seat belt, a light out etc compaired to catching an assylum seeker, hence so many "rent a cops" doing the rounds in villages, to hand out asbos to kids while the real cops find faults with cars.

EVEN MORE WRONG!!!!

Why do people who bend the law, no make that BREAK the law, complain when they get stopped by the police.

Lets get it straight ONCE AND FOR ALL. There are NO points, no bonuses and no bungs to cops who stop more cars than anyone else. In these days of performance priorities, its violent crime, burglary, auto crime (oh yes it is!!), criminal damage and anti social behaviour. Actually GETTING to the job on time is monitored but actually STOPPING  and issuing tickets comes pretty low down on the scale.

Its the old addage, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. If you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, please don't.

Dan

Back to the top
So if another copper says there is a points scoring system I can tell them they're wrong?

Back to the top
i think i have started sumit hear

sorry people i was only showing my anger thats all

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top

paul_c said

So if another copper says there is a points scoring system I can tell them they're wrong?

Yep. He's either trying to big up his part or…. have you over. Either way he's not being clever.

The only points involved are the ones that get put on your licence.

Dan

Back to the top
:lol: Wingman :wink:

Back to the top
This was the post which first illustrated Points-based policing, its in a closed area of the forum so you'd have to join to read it. Here's the quote from the article in the Lincoln (probably explains it…) Echo:

09:45 - 16 May 2007  
Police officers in Lincolnshire are being scored on performance - via a system which gives them points for carrying out their duties.  

Members of the operations support unit are having their daily activities recorded on sheets where the points they have scored are totted up.

The sheets, leaked to the Echo and published for the first time today, demonstrate how different crime-solving duties are scored, with the most serious attracting the most points.

Arresting someone on suspicion of drink-driving or carrying an offensive weapon carries 12 points. Catching a motorist using their mobile phone behind the wheel qualifies for just five points.

Lincolnshire Police Assistant Chief Constable Peter Davies said that the system only applied to the unit's 78 staff and was only used to "monitor its contribution to the aims of the organisation".

He said that no officer was expected to hit a specific points target and he denied it amounted to "policing by numbers".

Links to articles:

http://www.thisislinco…erPk=87028&pNodeId=156139

http://www.thisislinco…156133&contentPK=17409300

Back to the top
:lol:  Think this part sums it all up really

"Lincolnshire Police Assistant Chief Constable Peter Davies said that the system only applied to the unit's 78 staff and was only used to "monitor its contribution to the aims of the organisation".

THEY were MONITORING a particualr element of their force to try and see what it contributed or gave to THAT police area, so it just goes to show how out of context people take the slightest comment about police and how they operate.

I think most peoples fear of the police comes down to the "unknown" they always think the worst when they are spoken too and thats partly down to the "the police will take you away" comments said at children when they are naughty!! it stays with them all their life!!

the truth is i think everyone jibes at the police and always thinks it as an organisation should perform how they see it, at the end of the day negative comments about police are easy to make.
why is it that theres not so much hatred and jibes aimed at the criminal fraternity :dontknow:  they are the ones who cause there to be a lack of response to your solitary call in your moment of need? its because the coppers are dealing with persistant criminals who eat up all of their time!!!

so prehaps the next time you see someone getting nicked for theiving or being an ass dont feel sorry for them and hate the copper or hurl jibes and abuse, coz thats the copper who was gonna be able to help you if you needed it no longer on the streets because of a criminal!!!

its criminals who are the problem NOT the keepers of the law

Back to the top
I've re-read my comments and I never had a jibe about the Police, in fact I'm fairly police-neutral when it comes down to things. I agree that the police seem to often be the victims of spectacularly poor journalism/reporting, but that's life I'm afraid. Its just one of those areas which is always going to be in the public eye, same as the health industry.

Where I work, I have to record each task I do, and the time spent on it. We also have a guideline time for each particular type of task (and the jobs I do never quite fit into the categories properly). For each day, my 'efficiency' is calculated by comparing the sum of these guideline times with the minutes available in the day. But I don't suppose anyone's actually interested in this, though…..

Back to the top
The Establishment for Lincolnshire police is 'over 1200'. Not the largest force in the Country and the 78 officers on the Support Unit (who are probably not the general response officers who would attend your burglary, car theft, domestic argument) who were monitored on a points system make up 6.5% of the whole number of officers employed.

When the 'lay person' simply accepts and repeats what is read as a sensationalist newspaper report and believe it then the truth gets distorted beyond comprehension.

Scratch a little deeper and you'll find the truth (The Jam, News Of The World).

The bottom line is get you car sorted legally, drive responsibly and if you get stopped take the time to be polite and you may just get away without a ticket.

Dan
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.