Skip navigation

my wifes cabby now sold

Back to the top

my wifes cabby now sold

i thought i would post up some pics of the cabby to see what yous think im trying to get it ready so we can go to some shows in the summer
this is when she first got it .it was a bit dirty and needed a realy good clean so we got stuck in and claybard it and the used paint cleaner to get rid of most of the swirel marks the we give it 2 coats of polish and then 3 coats of wax to start with  :D

then i strped out some of the engine bits to get powdercoated white and pink :oops:  lol

we also striped out the seats and carpet and give the a good clean and to run new speaker wire under the carpet

my wife maurren and my wee boy jet making the most of the seats  :D

and we fited new window winders

we fitted vibe components to the door pockets

and infinity 6x9s to the rear shelf

it sounds realy good inside now

this is a pick of the boot lock cover i made and powder coated with my boys name on it

i bought the strutt brace of a member on heer and then i powdercoated it white with my boys name on it again

wee then whent from this

to this(bought of another member on heer)

at the same time the seats where out i run the amp wireing kit under the carpet ready for when the install gets put in

i thought i should give it a good clean under the bonnet so i took it if to do it and make life a wee bit easyer

i have just changed the door openers to

and give it another coat of polish and 3 coats of wax

in beetween all this i have fitted a new steering wheel and boss kit
dip stick holder
new rear shoker and spring top seat
sorted all the locks with new ones all round
sorted the wobily seats
taken the rear lights out and waxed behind them
sorted the heater
fixed the auto gear nob

we still have a lot to do and im just starting the install so ill put up picks of it when its done

Back to the top
looking good! love the new seats!

Back to the top
Nice  :D

Back to the top
cheers peeps  :D

Back to the top

pick your brains

first of all cool car love it  .  ive just bought a 92 clipper nice body kit leather seats looks good but i work in electronics & really dont know anything about cars starting to learn with manuel . fluid in motor in boot for hood is under min dont know where or what to fill it up with advice would be must appreciated .. just starting out on the classic car love it  but help welcome cheers you must have a happy missus with a nice cab like that

Back to the top
dont realy know that much my self but the folk on heer are great and they will help you out big time .im not to shure where you put the oil my self  :oops: i would take it it would be the big nut on top but i might be wrong as for the oil there was a btl of power steering fluid in my boot when i got the car the part no is g002 000 so as the caby hasent got power steering i take it thats what im ment to use  :oops:  any way cheers for the coments and if you put up a post in the fourm about that then i think some one on heer would know more than me lol

Back to the top
to top up the hood fluid you have to undo the nut on top of the pump in the boot and fill it to max with the roof up (i think!!) then work it up and down a few times and let it settle and check the level again.

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top
As a follow Cabby owner I am Lovin the work thats been done! 8)

Got any further plans?

Back to the top
Nice job - good transformation!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
just fitted the mirror adjusters
from this

to this

the plans for the cabby is realy just to get it running and looking to as near as new as pos with just a few mods  :oops:  to make it a bit diffrent  from other cabbys as there is 3  white ones that run about up heer .then hope fully get to some meets and shows over the summer and get to meet some off yous on heer  :D

Back to the top
looking good mate my old seats look alot better in there  8)

Back to the top
Car looks fab!!!  I hope your wife gets many happy years of driving it  :lol:

'90 MK1 Clipper, Black - Sold :-(
BMW 323i 2.5

Back to the top
caddyman they are sooo nice and totaly change the car they make it look a lot younger than it is  :D

anji she has only driven once  :oops:  the locks where being a bit off a pain in the bum and kept on jaming but i just got new one today and now its all sorted  :D  i have driven it a good few time and its one off the best cars i have driven even with the auto box  :D so i hope she starts to drive it now  :D

Back to the top
Trust me, as soon as the car is up and ready and your wife has driven it …. she will find that her bum becomes welded to the drivers seat, her feet will become attached to the pedals and her left hand will weld itself to the gearstick.  Well … it happened to me when I drove mine  :oops:

'90 MK1 Clipper, Black - Sold :-(
BMW 323i 2.5

Back to the top
well she has been driving it now and she loves it  :D

Back to the top
i done a we install for her :D just a fast one ill do a real one in the summer for her :D  to go with the seats but this will do for now .i just showed her it after she got back from work and she realy likes it and the  sound of it is great  :D  heers a few pics

before

and after

Back to the top
what price do yous think i should sell it for :cry:

Back to the top
sell the other car & keep this one

:P

Back to the top
lol

Back to the top
Shame about the job situation, if at all possible may be worth trying to hold onto the cab until closer to summer even if it's sorn (if you have off road parking) as they are not selling for a great deal at the moment.

Good luck whatever you do.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.