Skip navigation

'82 diesel tidy-up (mega low budget stuff)

Back to the top

'82 diesel tidy-up (mega low budget stuff)

Very nice clean example  :wink:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
Cheers Dubstar! I drove around in an absolute shed of a mk1 for a couple of years and still loved it to bits (it's still running bless it) so I think I deserve this nice clean one now!  :angel:

Back to the top
got keep it clean thou all that seagull poo and salt in the air could play havoc with the paint work!  :wink:

P.S. Saw you again on saturday near the nelson pub in town (not the one on the beach) would ave flashed you but i was on foot and i didnt think that kind of flashing would be appropriate!  :lol:

Back to the top
Next time do the VW hand sign thing…I dare ya!  :y: As for the salt thing, I moved a few miles inland so I should get away with it…luckily the car spent the first 24 years in Warminster  :lol:

Back to the top
this one?

Back to the top
wax the bugger and forget about salt!!! must of waxed a car at work about 5 times over the past 3 weeks and even bird poop doesnt mark the paint...................................just sorted the guy out with a tub of his own so he can sort the car himself................the water just falls of it and a simple rinsing makes the car look as good as new(steam cleaner rinse)

Back to the top
Yeh, I always try to put some form of wax on it after washing so nothing sticks…and so it keeps that pesky Mars Red staying red and not orange.  :|
P.S - Bigdave - do that sign and I'll run you down! I prefer something like :

Back to the top
hell I got a red cabby very faded………….couple of rubbing compounds and then 3 coats of wax…………….the guys at work thought I had resprayed it………til they saw the 2 patches of rust

Diesel-dubber said

Yeh, I always try to put some form of wax on it after washing so nothing sticks…and so it keeps that pesky Mars Red staying red and not orange.  :|
P.S - Bigdave - do that sign and I'll run you down! I prefer something like :
:P
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.