Back to the top

16v conversion

Another:

Back to the top
Cheers, thx alot!

White cabriolet Gti 16 valve

Back to the top
One more for good luck :)

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm carbs!!

Back to the top
IT RUNS!!!!!! glad your happy chris.

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top
sorry to hijack but could i just be a total idiot and ask what the anodised red bits on the front of the engine in the last pic are and why dont the other pics have them? on and just for good measure, what do they do?  :wink:

Back to the top
ram pipes, velocity stacks, bell mouths sure theres more names.

Back to the top
They are for the carbs! on the other ones they have standard fuel delivery via  fuel injection.

And yes She's alive!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Jamie and a very long phone call which was also very uncomfortable as i didn't have my handsfree, we got they very tasty sounding 16v up and running!

Jobs left:

Replace radiator with the brand spanker i now have in my possesion
Adjust exhaust downpipe (minor leak)
connect clutch cable
connect speedo
change brake srvo/master cylinder

Back to the top

cabrio_dj said

They are for the carbs! on the other ones they have standard fuel delivery via  fuel injection.

And yes She's alive!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Jamie and a very long phone call which was also very uncomfortable as i didn't have my handsfree, we got they very tasty sounding 16v up and running!

Jobs left:

Replace radiator with the brand spanker i now have in my possesion
Adjust exhaust downpipe (minor leak)
connect clutch cable
connect speedo
change brake srvo/master cylinder

dont forget your throttle cable!!!!!

its amazing what i can diagnose over the phone!!!

View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top

jamiegolf said

dont forget your throttle cable!!!!!

its amazing what i can diagnose over the phone!!!

Truth! your a legend in my eyes!

Back to the top
no problems mate im glad your happy with it. just get it finnished now!!

Back to the top

16v conversion

paul_c said

Don't forget to move the fuel lines to the other side of the engine bay (you'll need to disconnect the steering to do this), before you put the new engine in!

hey, i now bout to start 16v conversion, so the pipes have to be cut do they, how hard is it to make up the copper ones????
also i would like to put a fast road cams in it and any other sweet uprades,lol would you know of any bout??? cheers!!! :wink:

Back to the top
Check out http://www.fastgolf.or…ontent&pa=showpage&pid=30, loads of pics and info. IMHO uprated cams on a 16V tend to be a disappointment, since the existing KR ones are pretty good.

Back to the top

16v conversion

paul_c said

Check out http://www.fastgolf.or…ontent&pa=showpage&pid=30, loads of pics and info. IMHO uprated cams on a 16V tend to be a disappointment, since the existing KR ones are pretty good.

cheers for the advice!!! so wat would be a good upgrade then?

Back to the top
How much power are you hoping to achieve? And are you committed to the 16V engine? If so, which engine code?

Back to the top

paul_c said

How much power are you hoping to achieve? And are you committed to the 16V engine? If so, which engine code?

kr engine, well was hoping to pull bout 150-160 mark how possible is that?

Back to the top

ketchy said

paul_c said

Well it could be done, but it might be more economical to try find a 2.0 litre engine. To achieve 150-160bhp from a 1.8 16V, I think you'd need a ported & polished head with matching work done on the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold, which would cost approx ?600 all in. A 2.0 16V could probably be purchased for ?300.

Back to the top

paul_c said

ketchy said

paul_c said

Well it could be done, but it might be more economical to try find a 2.0 litre engine. To achieve 150-160bhp from a 1.8 16V, I think you'd need a ported & polished head with matching work done on the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold, which would cost approx ?600 all in. A 2.0 16V could probably be purchased for ?300.

ok cheers for that i wannna stick with the 1800 really so i will see wat can be done with that if not ill leave it 140. willl i have to fit a 16v wiring loom ecu to a mk1 gti to make it run correctly or is it the same set up. i think most of it is but wanna make sure. cheers#

Back to the top

ketchy said

paul_c said

ketchy said

paul_c said

ok cheers for that i wannna stick with the 1800 really so i will see wat can be done with that if not ill leave it 140. willl i have to fit a 16v wiring loom ecu to a mk1 gti to make it run correctly or is it the same set up. i think most of it is but wanna make sure. cheers#

let us know what's missing from the article I posted, and I can look to make amendments, etc.

Back to the top

paul_c said

ketchy said

paul_c said

ketchy said

paul_c said

let us know what's missing from the article I posted, and I can look to make amendments, etc.

its all about 2.0 16v conversion, shows ecu loom but would i need that for the kr
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.