Skip navigation

I forgot about my 1.3 Driver project

Back to the top

I forgot about my 1.3 Driver project

got some more bits sorted

CD changer/tape player……very old model, i had the model below this in my first VW about 12 years ago

i got a Wolfsberg steering a while back…..was cheap cos the horn push is missing

started looking for something to fit it & saw a Vauxhall Corsa horn push on eBay……thought to myself the Nova has a Corsa steering wheel, measured it, too small  :( …..but the horn push Nova SR wheel i got from Jacko's scrapyard is spot on size  :D

changed the blue ring on it for a black rubber oring, removed the Vauxhall badge & made a plastic circle for the centre (putting a VW sticker on it)

Back to the top
Here are photo's of my Driver. At one point i was ready to chuck in the towel but when people rubberneck when i go by it's oh so worth it. HOO HAA!  Good to see other Driver Driver's Driving aboot, oh am dizzy. :lol:  

Back to the top

aburdmk1 said

Good to see other Driver Driver's Driving aboot,

:eh:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Right….. done now't to this car since early 2008  :oops:

I've desided that my back yard is too small for 3 car's…… I currently have this mk1, a mk3 Polo & a Sierra Sapphire Cosworth (got 4 car's in total, my red mk1 Golf Driver's in the garage)

1 car must be sold

I've alway's wanted a Cossie & not I've not had it long, so that stays …..so either the Polo or this get's sold

I desided that the Polo's the easier one to sell, so it's up for sale

The Sierra's then going to be my only working car for a while so it best start behaving it's self….. currently has an oil leak & a PAS fluid leak, but these should be sorted this weekend

As soon as there's some room at my brother Matt's unit the Gold Golf will be going up there on the back of my mates recovery wagon & the welding that needed will get done

……..

Plan for the car is still the same

Rough looking, road going trackday car

only change may be the seats…… got some plain black recliner type seat & I might put a rear seat in too

Back to the top

X said

aburdmk1 said

Good to see other Driver Driver's Driving aboot,

:eh:

I think he meant  to say…… Good to see another driver's Driver driving about

Back to the top
what's the polo in the back ground of the first few piks is it a gt or a g40?

i know what you mean about the rubber neckin iv had a few people with cabby's drive down my road and stop out side to have a look but never knock on the door to have a good old chin wag lol

looks like a good solid shell that mate keep up the good work man.

keep on dubbing

Back to the top

gaz_mk1 said

what's the polo in the back ground of the first few piks is it a gt or a g40?

just a 1.0 Fox  :oops:

has been a 103bhp "NZ" & a 1.4 "ABD" GT in it's life……. was also in PPC magazines ?999 Challenge last year  :D

Back to the top
Excellent !

Mine also had some moss on it ( after I foolishly left it in a field for three years…  :D ) Still totally solid tho incredibly, now in pieces in the garage, back soon - still gold of course. :)

Small blocks rule  :)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
GOING TO BE SCRAPPED   :oops:

reason been that I'm skint, I've spent far too much ??? on my Sierra & I don't think I'll ever get this mk1 done   :(

It's off to our Matt's unit today….. if anyone wants it call Matt on 07966 915541

Back to the top
if you can save it untill october i will have it mate ill save both mine and yours from the scrapers

keep on dubbing

Back to the top
Still got this … needs to go really … can't see I'll ever have the money to do anything with it  :(

click below

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=653769#653769

Back to the top
Any pics of the sierra...?!

Back to the top

paulshears said

GOING TO BE SCRAPPED   :oops:

No I didn't  :wink:

drakey91 said

Any pics of the sierra…?!

No … deleted them all … Cosworth ownership was not fun … only did 1000 miles in it & sold it

Back to the top
So got space to keep the Golf then!!

Back to the top

drakey91 said

So got space to keep the Golf then!!

Only got room for 3 car's  :(

Red mk1 in the garage … current daily mk3 Polo will be getting made into a track car … & I'm getting a diesel for a daily

no room left for another mk1  :(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.