Skip navigation

Nurburgring trip 08 Mk1oc

Back to the top

Nurburgring trip 08 Mk1oc

i really want to come but im totaly broke =[
an i only have a 1.3ltr engine so i wouldnt be able to keep up on the motorway or the track
but anyway… are u thinking of doin a trip every year or is just a once time deal cause id interested in coming next year when i (fingers crossed) have some more money and a bigger engine

hope u all have a good time tho lads =]

sam

Back to the top
if shes ready im comin.
specially as july 27ths me birthday, so well timed i reckon!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
yeah all sounds like fun… should hopefully make it there and back in one piece lol.

not really on here alot so ill try to keep up to date with it. my msn is spudnwoo@hotmail.com if anyone wants to drop me a line…

got a mk1 cabby 1987 yay

Back to the top
but im a maybe lol

Back to the top
On a more serious question..
Whats the plan for the convoy there, cruise at 60-70 so everyone can see us, or foot down and blast it all the way????

I know my car probably wouldnt be happy sitting st speed the whole way and for the money, which now at over ?700 per car is very expensive (unless that includes our fuel as well I know, wishful thinking)

From reading the threads, it seems only those with sorted cars and loads of cash will be able to make it, which makes it sound like the PORSCHE club one..
I was up for going, was thinking of scraping the ?450 together (although it seems a lot), gentle cruise there with the missus and see the sights and enjoy the weekend, a trip to the factory would be good but an additional ?275 rules it out for me.
Especially compared to 07's trip, me n the missus for 3 weeks, including all hotels, flights and hire, went to the USA and travelled the full route 66 on a harley davidson for a little over 1.5k each..

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Whats the plan for the convoy there, cruise at 60-70 so everyone can see us, or foot down and blast it all the way????

I know my car probably wouldnt be happy sitting st speed the whole way and for the money, which now at over ?700 per car is very expensive (unless that includes our fuel as well I know, wishful thinking)

From reading the threads, it seems only those with sorted cars and loads of cash will be able to make it, which makes it sound like the PORSCHE club one..
I was up for going, was thinking of scraping the ?450 together (although it seems a lot), gentle cruise there with the missus and see the sights and enjoy the weekend, a trip to the factory would be good but an additional ?275 rules it out for me.
Especially compared to 07's trip, me n the missus for 3 weeks, including all hotels, flights and hire, went to the USA and travelled the full route 66 on a harley davidson for a little over 1.5k each..

Things like planning a suitable pace of driving are well away in the future. Basically we'd not leave anyone behind, it might get busy so there's no choice but to just go with the flow of the traffic. It might rain on the way, too.

A price of ?700 would include fuel - how have you done your calculations to arrive at this?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Lawsy said

which now at over ?700 per car is very expensive (unless that includes our fuel as well I know, wishful thinking)

A price of ?700 would include fuel - how have you done your calculations to arrive at this?

Hence teh wishful thinking comment…

Sarcasm just doesnt work on forusm does it… LOL

Back to the top
tom tom? garmin? navman?
you guys can pack up but at the same time not get lost then….
i can err.. source the maps for free of europe if needed…..

Back to the top

paul_c said

Lawsy said

Things like planning a suitable pace of driving are well away in the future. Basically we'd not leave anyone behind, it might get busy so there's no choice but to just go with the flow of the traffic. It might rain on the way, too.

Persoanlly i think if there is alot of people going then we'llbe the traffic, if soemone said we'll aim at evergaing 60 ina  convoy so the MK gets noticed then i feel a few more people may be intesrested…

When i was into Air cooled, we always went everywhere at 50 in convoys, my camper was tuned up and would cruise happily at 90, but we still all agreed it way before going..
sorry if its way off, but i thought it would be worth mentioning

Back to the top

Lawsy said

No it doesn't, not in this case because I still don't understand how you've arrived at ?700, can you break it down for me? I don't want to mislead people into thinking this is overpriced, on the same vein I wouldn't want to scrape together some kind of "budget" trip or mislead people into thinking it would cost less than it does.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Lawsy said

No it doesn't, not in this case because I still don't understand how you've arrived at ?700, can you break it down for me? I don't want to mislead people into thinking this is overpriced, on the same vein I wouldn't want to scrape together some kind of "budget" trip or mislead people into thinking it would cost less than it does.

paul_c said

Just received this from Rob:

The full week will add ?275 onto the price per car.
trip will be one hell of a journey!!!!
Rob.

So, let us know if you want to do this too, for the extra ?275.

Paul, this was your latest thread

Adding to ?275 per car.. couple with your earlier thread

paul_c said

Having had a chat with Rob, I now have some definite details!

Date: Saturday July 26th (daytime ferry) - Tuesday July 29th (but see below)
Cost: ?450 per car
(1, 2 or 3 people per car)

Thanks!

so ?450 + ?275 = ?725 doesnt it????

Back to the top

Lawsy said

paul_c said

Lawsy said

paul_c said

Just received this from Rob:

The full week will add ?275 onto the price per car.
trip will be one hell of a journey!!!!
Rob.

So, let us know if you want to do this too, for the extra ?275.

Paul, this was your latest thread

Adding to ?275 per car.. couple with your earlier thread

paul_c said

Having had a chat with Rob, I now have some definite details!

Date: Saturday July 26th (daytime ferry) - Tuesday July 29th (but see below)
Cost: ?450 per car
(1, 2 or 3 people per car)

Thanks!

so ?450 + ?275 = ?725 doesnt it????

Yep, with the option of extending it and making the trip to Wolfsburg. Thanks for the clarification - if I go (I'm still a maybe) I'd probably not be able to afford this bit. I received a costing on it because it was suggested with a reasonable amount of support, previously in the thread.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Yep, with the option of extending it and making the trip to Wolfsburg. Thanks for the clarification - if I go (I'm still a maybe) I'd probably not be able to afford this bit. I received a costing on it because it was suggested with a reasonable amount of support, previously in the thread.

Hence the sarcasm from me there…

I'm sure it could be arranged cheaper without being a budget trip, but from reading everything Rob has said and mentioned then I'm sure it would be a good trip..

I fear the only way it could all be done cheaper would be like going back to the original plan and havinga general plan and letting everyone sort out there own travel arrangements etc..
As rob says he does this for a living and he's got a porsche 'says it all really'
But i know the hassle factor for arranging people on a trip is a nightmare, so thats what we'd be paying for
I went over the pyrenees a few back, only thing we booked was the ferry. 4 of us went for 7 days, great trip, worked out at just over ?250 each for the week and all hotels, but we just showed up and booked, which if its 4 people, no worries…

If it was only say another ?50 for the factory trip, I'd be jumping up n down and shouting at the missus to get her purse open as a trip like that with a load of other MK1's would be great…

Back to the top
christ, with out arron about we have turned on our selves!
calm down, smoke a bowl, eat a waffle chill out guys.

Back to the top

Skipback said

I'm chilled…   
smoked a waffle and ate a bowl tho….. :sick:

Back to the top

Lawsy said

paul_c said

Hence the sarcasm from me there…

I'm sure it could be arranged cheaper without being a budget trip, but from reading everything Rob has said and mentioned then I'm sure it would be a good trip..

I fear the only way it could all be done cheaper would be like going back to the original plan and havinga general plan and letting everyone sort out there own travel arrangements etc..
As rob says he does this for a living and he's got a porsche 'says it all really'
But i know the hassle factor for arranging people on a trip is a nightmare, so thats what we'd be paying for
I went over the pyrenees a few back, only thing we booked was the ferry. 4 of us went for 7 days, great trip, worked out at just over ?250 each for the week and all hotels, but we just showed up and booked, which if its 4 people, no worries…

If it was only say another ?50 for the factory trip, I'd be jumping up n down and shouting at the missus to get her purse open as a trip like that with a load of other MK1's would be great…

It probably could but nobody has come forward with the time, experience or willingness to organise it. Feel free, though….

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Skipback said

I'm chilled…   
smoked a waffle and ate a bowl tho….. :sick:

i did that once in holland, i was mashed all weekend and i couldnt get the smell of burnt waffle out of my beard for weeks.

Back to the top

paul_c said

It probably could but nobody has come forward with the time, experience or willingness to organise it. Feel free, though….

thats what i was going to add in, but i started waffling on..

I know i havent got the time or the knowledge to organise it, maybe 3 or 4 of us then thats different, but a large group trip takes big organisation, leave it to the pro's to sort, but then you pay for the privelage..

and if that aint a bit of a contradiction by me then what is  :dontknow:

At ?450, 2 in a car its not bad and if i knew there was say 20 others going all in MK1's, i would happily join in and go along, just for looks from everyone on the way, the amount of photo opportunities etc..
sorry for the bit of a rant, but it just seemed to be getting too expensive

Back to the top

Lawsy said

paul_c said

thats what i was going to add in, but i started waffling on..

I know i havent got the time or the knowledge to organise it, maybe 3 or 4 of us then thats different, but a large group trip takes big organisation, leave it to the pro's to sort, but then you pay for the privelage..

and if that aint a bit of a contradiction by me then what is  :dontknow:

At ?450, 2 in a car its not bad and if i knew there was say 20 others going all in MK1's, i would happily join in and go along, just for looks from everyone on the way, the amount of photo opportunities etc..
sorry for the bit of a rant, but it just seemed to be getting too expensive

No worries, its a fair point. I know there's other groups out there who can do a similar job of organising a trip, booking the ferries and accommodation, etc. I ought to find a couple of other quotes and compare them. Rob's price includes decent accommodation, etc so we need to bear in mind the quality too.

Back to the top

paul_c said

No worries, its a fair point. I know there's other groups out there who can do a similar job of organising a trip, booking the ferries and accommodation, etc. I ought to find a couple of other quotes and compare them. Rob's price includes decent accommodation, etc so we need to bear in mind the quality too.

If you find the companies mate, (i'm useless at t'internet searching) I dont mind making a few phone calls if you wanna send me some details over and I'll post findings up, I'd be happy with cheaper accomodation if it means we can get a factory trip in for under ?500 the lot…
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.