Skip navigation

My 1982 16v

Back to the top

My 1982 16v

Aye the wheels are 15x7 et 28, with 195/50/15 tyres. They do rub a bit with people in the back, rolled arches is one thing on my list of stuff to do. They dont rub when its just me and someone else in the front, so its not a problem for me. Front arches are rolled tho, wish I had the rear done too.

The TSR loom does the same job as the 16v ecu loom. If you do a search on here its should tell you all about the wiring, loads of people ask about it.

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Started doing a bit of work on this car again, its been sitting in the shed all winter so I decided to remove the brake pads because the brakes didnt feel to good last time I drove it, the pads were starting to stick so just needed a quick clean up, also got a new cv boot to be fitted.

Fitted a new battery and started it up for the first time since november, just wainting for the rain to stop, then I might take it for a spin  8)

Back to the top
looking good mate, im gonna be doing a headlining fit soon and not looking forward to it, could you help me by answering these questions?

where did you buy the headlining?
what did you use to stick it?
where did you get those headlining clips from?
any tips for fitting it in a particular order?

cheers

Back to the top
Got the headlining from newton commercial, it comes with the clips to hold it, you can heat it up to stretch it a bit if you need to, cant remember what glue I used.

The headlining comes with good instructions, its a long job tho!

Back to the top
Just found this thread, been a few years since i painted this one! Still looking nice!

auld

Back to the top
Nice to see you've still got it :)

Back to the top
Its not mine mate, i just painted it a few years back

auld

Back to the top
Yeah I know, I was referring to MK1Allan as he hadnt updated for the best part of a year  :)

Back to the top
Still got this mate?, I was checking for some updates as your kinda localish...

Back to the top
Yeah I still got it! No updates, unless you count the MOT running out  :lol:

Back to the top
Hey Mate

Where did you get the interior trim that goes along the the bottom of the rear side windows? Is this a part still available? My motor just has the painted panel.

Cheers

iain

Back to the top
ebay is a good source, and i think newton comercials does it

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

jedi said

Hey Mate

Where did you get the interior trim that goes along the the bottom of the rear side windows? Is this a part still available? My motor just has the painted panel.

Cheers

iain

The trim came fron Netwton Commercial, it came in the headliner kit, I dont know if you can get it on its own? Have a look on the website  8)

Back to the top
cheers

had a look, and they do it separate. Bonus.  :)

Back to the top
Not been much happening here for a while, changed the engine oil and gearbox oil last week, also noticed i had a leaking fuel pipe, the one that goes to the cold start valve so got this
 set on ebay

you might notice the set only has 3 injector lines  :roll:  was cheap enough at £10  8)

Also got a pic of the car just now

it doesnt look to good just now  :(  I'm also trying to get space the build a new shed to keep it in, hope it works out, it will be much easyer to take it out then, once I get it MOTed and taxed again!

Back to the top
Give us an update :p

Back to the top
Phoned up for MOT but the mechanic is in hospital, need to phone him back next week to see when he can do it.

Apart from that I have I managed to get the engine to idle much better now, it should be even better once its all set up, its been too long since I last drove it, its going to get a wash and wax some time soon too  :wink:

Back to the top
Small update, passed the MOT today, just need to get some road tax soon.

Back to the top
Love your car, you must be well proud. :)

Back to the top
Small update on this, wired in the ISV, its now running better, just need to tax it and it should be ready for summer

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.