Skip navigation

Classic Car Show NEC Birmingham 9th-11th Nov - with pics

Back to the top

Classic Car Show NEC Birmingham 9th-11th Nov - with pics

Back to the top

Classic Car Show NEC

Ant / Claire

No Worries - If you've got the dates for next year let me know so I can blank them as holiday!

Phill

Helios Blue GTI Cabriolet (89) - nice
Regatta Blue 1.3LS 5 Door (82) - not so nice

BMW 320dSE
Audi A3 Sportback

Back to the top
A few more photos.  I cheated on the way up giving my mk1 a lift to the NEC,  but drove it home on the Sunday night.  A big thank you to Ant and Claire for giving me the chance to display my Golf. Also to everyone else who helped with the club stand.  

A proud Clive

Jims stunning GTI

Just for the show

The mk1 stand

Back to the top
Another thanks from me to:

Ant and Claire for organising our stand - a fantastic first show, well done!

Dave, Clive, Jim and Rich for putting their cars on the stand and helping out.

Phill for helping on the Friday.

A very successful third year, a larger stand with plenty of visitors and potential new members. Next year is going to be even better!

My pics:

Banner

Back to the top
lovely mk1 watson!! was that the one at gaydon last year that got peoples choice??

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top
yep.  Has to be my proudest mk1 moment 8O   :D

Back to the top
The pics look really good, well done and thanks to all those who made it all possible. I went last year, it was a good show (not many bargains to be had though...., ended up spending loads!) and its great to see the club stand even bigger and better this time round!

Back to the top
Pay back time  8O

Mrs Early is normally very laid back about the amount of time, ? and effort I spend being a MK1 anorak. However after spending the last few weekends tidying up the Cabrio and then 3 days at the NEC shes turned :o .

She's 'convinced' me that we have to start decorating the bedroom so I've spent all day stripping wallpaper and rubbing down wood work. After a bite to eat and this quick surf I'll be doing some glossing. Tomorrow emulsion. Looks like the same magnolia colour thats already on to me  :dontknow:

I can spend all day tinkering with cars and cleaning them up but house DIY is pants.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
isn't life  strange how at one point in your relationship the offer of spending all weekend in the bedroom, getting dirty, involving lots of stripping and giving  special attention to your wood , had a completely different meaning.  :wink:  oh well hope you enjoy your decorating.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
The list of house jobs seems to have grown longer for me too,  after a couple of weeks preping for the show.  Magnolia ?  Has'nt mrs Early considered lhasa green or alpine white for the walls.   8O

Back to the top
Snap……………. Just put our house on the market, so all those silly decoratong jobs that ive never quite finished have to be done, and now i havn`t got the show to distract me, Cars sitting in the garage and not allowed to tinker  :cry:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.