Skip navigation

How many track cars have we got?

Back to the top

How many track cars have we got?

Hi ,I'd be up for that  :D however what date would that be ?and what are their noise levels? :dontknow:

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
the last sunday in feb is the last of the cheap all day sessions, after that the price jumps a bit for a full day session, but never fear this year I went on a evening session that was arranged by a guy my cuz used to work work ?72 for a full evening session, there was only 55 cars so it was open pit lane with a max of 30 cars on track at any one time, all in all i got in 44 laps!!!  :oops:  a very good eveing! (there was even a prof photo guy there too who wasnt bad -
pro photo)

I will pass on the details when the next track day is announced, I just hope the Golf will be quicker than the mini, it should be down the straights but craner curves will be the real test.

There is a noise limit, 98db but i would have thought most would be alright tbh.

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
love the Gulf paint job

GT40 or Porsche fan?

Back to the top
Mine gets out on track quite a lot :)

Brands Hatch

Goodwood

:mrgreen:

2 1983 Campains (concours & track)
1985 Blue GTi Ragtop
2001 Bora Estate TDi SE (very very rare)
2000 Golf TDI commuter
2005 T5 Transporter with 394000 miles on it!

Back to the top

jools182 said

love the Gulf paint job

GT40 or Porsche fan?

Porsche 917k,ultimate racer drooled over them ever since seeing them at Brands in 1970,yes I am that old 8O

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
ive got one too.

as you can see not exactly on track action, done a few track days at oulton hopefully rebuilding over winter, new engine,quick rack, new brakes, suspension, converting to carbs and lsd. dosent sound too bad if say it quick. still not sure about roof spoiler though :D  :D  :D

Back to the top
Thats looking very forlon and rejected there racer!look forward to seeing you next year where are you getting your quick rack from? ,I have been after one of those for ages :D

Back to the top
Should be able to get a quick rack from quaife.  They had some surplus ones after a club gti group buy.

Update:  Just got the following from Quaife's website:

QSF18R001 Volkswagen Golf Mk1 RHD Quaife quick rack & pinion kit 2.9 ?112.00

Back to the top
yes i bought mine from the club gti group buy from quaife. cant belive they now have them in stock i waited 18 months for mine :banghead:

Back to the top
so whos going to Donny on the 25th of Nov?? im booked now  :D  just home i have the car ready  :?  my cage should be here this weekend, but if ill have the cam in in time is going to be hit o miss…..

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech

Back to the top
Thought I,d refresh this as the new season is here and everything is coming out of hibernation,any new updates/additions been built over the winter :D  :D

Back to the top
Hey martin old chap,

When?s the beast coming out to play? You must take me for a spin mate :angel:
Have you still been going to the brands hatch meets? Will try and get there this month I hope.  :pray:

Sorry for the hijack

Back to the top

dojodubber said

Hey martin old chap,

When?s the beast coming out to play? You must take me for a spin mate :angel:
Have you still been going to the brands hatch meets? Will try and get there this month I hope.  :pray:

Sorry for the hijack

Hi,where you been, Belmarsh?? :lol:  :lol: ,the golf's first outing is Castle Combe in April,have'nt been going to Brands as I have moved to the seaside and it's to cold and to dark :( ,think first one for me will be April

Back to the top
been filiming the new top gear series mate :wink:
well thats quite a long time i'l have to wait  :cry:
but i will see you some time soon then old chap

p.s don't forget drive that thing like you stole it  :twisted:

Back to the top
Mines had a bit of a update over winter, now running a newmans phase 3 cam, raceland tubular manifold, new middle pipe with no cenre box, and ive just finished off my new and improved cold air feed system too.

also upped the brakes due to the "incident" on track in feb. so in the nextfew weeks I will be running with mk3 gti 280mm discs! overkill! but it will be worth it, even dropped in a larger master cylinder too.

I have also taken out more of the interior, and the bumpers etc.

(a crackin pair on that last one!)

A HHUUGGEEE thanks to Steve for the pics  :D

Back to the top
8O Ick at the first photo… I look like i've got a double chin

Golf MK3 GTi 16v - the 'diva'
Adopted Golf MK1 GTi 8v - see Karl :P
Mk2 Scirocco GTII - work in progress!

Back to the top

Becca16v said

WHERE?! Ill find another one then  :roll:  :lol:

Back to the top

M7R said

Becca16v said

WHERE?! Ill find another one then  :roll:  :lol:

Rose tinted glasses comes to mind  :lol:

Golf MK3 GTi 16v - the 'diva'
Adopted Golf MK1 GTi 8v - see Karl :P
Mk2 Scirocco GTII - work in progress!

Back to the top

M7R said

A HHUUGGEEE thanks to Steve for the pics  :D

:oops:  :oops:
Happy to oblige….

Might visit a few more track days with camera..
who knows, might make some money at it.. LOL

doing another wedding in a couple o weeks.. should hopefully pay for a few more bits, so want to get vimto on the track…,. but you'll have to to take becca and wendy in yours to even up on weight of just me in mine…

Back to the top
Ill book you for our wedding, lol got a while yet though…..

also ive got my calipers now  :twisted:  hhuugggeeee compared to the stock ones, so I think ill be stopping a fair bit faster!!!!! 8)  going to whip the old ones off at the weekend so if anyone needs any gti calipers ill have some for sale  :lol:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.