Skip navigation

My GTI vs Boy Racer Vauxhall Nova 2.0 Turbo

Back to the top

My GTI vs Boy Racer Vauxhall Nova 2.0 Turbo

paul_c said

Street racing is pointless, its more like a game of dare to see who can exceed the speed limit by the biggest amount, which is silly really. Assuming its a derestricted road and a set of traffic lights, or something (60mph limit) it would only be 5.3 secs before I had reached the limit anyway…

be a bit like this then?  :lol:

http://s181.photobucke…ion=view&current=Alig.flv

Back to the top

paul_c said

(60mph limit) it would only be 5.3 secs before I had reached the limit anyway…

Showoff :roll:

:wink:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Street racing is pointless, its more like a game of dare to see who can exceed the speed limit by the biggest amount, which is silly really. Assuming its a derestricted road and a set of traffic lights, or something (60mph limit) it would only be 5.3 secs before I had reached the limit anyway…
By 60mph regardless of time getting there you will have proved a point
If im away from the lights and up against a boy racer i take it to the speed limit then just hit the brakes and wave the point by then has been proved. if i had a car that went to 0-60 in say 4.00 secs but its top speed was say only 70mph id  be well happy, never, never, never have i ever raced to beat someone at top end speed it holds no interest for me what so ever. so i agree with Paul on this one..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

paul_c said

By 60mph regardless of time getting there you will have proved a point
If im away from the lights and up against a boy racer i take it to the speed limit then just hit the brakes and wave the point by then has been proved. if i had a car that went to 0-60 in say 4.00 secs but its top speed was say only 70mph id  be well happy, never, never, never have i ever raced to beat someone at top end speed it holds no interest for me what so ever. so i agree with Paul on this one..

Im with you on this one, I very rarely have a burn up with anyone although sometimes you have to show these new school kiddies whos boss, you know the ones with 1.2 corsa's that look like they crashed into halfords.

Back to the top

GTI_Jack said

sometimes you have to show these new school kiddies whos boss, you know the ones with 1.2 corsa's that look like they crashed into halfords.

:lmao: :lmao:

Back to the top
im not a top end man purly off the line for me  :lol:

doing 130mph in a cab is scary brown trouser stuff and wouldnt recomment it :lol:

Back to the top
yeah top end is well dodgy atm … damp roads are terrible with the GTI's :( lol

Back to the top
My mate got a 258bhp R19 16v turbo, i love quick cars but this scares me…listen to the nervous giggle i have lol. Its only 1 of 2 in the counrty dont by bbperformance. And the only thing it hasnt kept up with so far is a gt3

lees turbo nervious giggle - YouTube

Me in lee's R19 16v TURBO - YouTube

Back to the top
R19 engine ?

Renault 19 turbo ? :P

Back to the top
yeah the 2.0 litre williams i'll try find a clear video

Back to the top

Back to the top
sweet , is it faster than a mk1 with a 2.8 VR6 with a SC & turbo fitted ?

Back to the top
i dont know i'd really like to see that to be honest….
who owns one???

Back to the top

chris_VW_1987 said

sweet , is it faster than a mk1 with a 2.8 VR6 with a SC & turbo fitted ?

You can't just add a supercharger then a turbocharger too. You can combine them, but its a lot more complicated than that!

Back to the top
yeah i know , but is it faster ?:D

Back to the top

chris_VW_1987 said

yeah i know , but is it faster ?:D

Not if it can't be built.

Back to the top
It can lol , i seen a VR6 engine on ebay with 400bhp+ it was supercharged and turbo!

:) it was going for ?4000

Back to the top

chris_VW_1987 said

It can lol , i seen a VR6 engine on ebay with 400bhp+ it was supercharged and turbo!

:) it was going for ?4000

Yes but would it fit in a Mk1? Do you know detailed information about where the blower belt and the supercharger sits, in relation to the bodywork of the Mk1? And is there enough space between the engine and bulkhead, once installed in a Mk1, for a turbo?

Back to the top
lol all i know about that conversion is its a mission im sure it can fit :D

Back to the top

chris_VW_1987 said

lol all i know about that conversion is its a mission im sure it can fit :D

Nobody's stopping you trying!!! Or don't you have the ?4000 lying around, to buy the engine?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.