Skip navigation

Cabbie resto.

Back to the top

Cabbie resto.

looking good mate realy good

Back to the top
Spent most of the day on the car today. Finally got the roof back on and new rear window in!!. Also got some of the interior in and it looks great, check out the pix.

Look I've even got some carpet an everything!! :mrgreen:

Not sure about the new lights yet, think they sit too far back in the grille. Gonna wait till the front bumper is back on and see what they look like then.

Mmmm, lovely leather!!
The roof took a while to put back on so we didn't get much else done, can't do any more till thursday but should be on the road by the weekend, I hope!!

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
very nice - looks like your nearly done then  8)

Back to the top
Yup, won't be long now. I think i've waited just about long enough!! :lol:

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
That interior retrim looks like a bargain for ?700. Think I'll be heading that way myself soon…

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
Go for it, he fitted me roof for me and put the window in for FREE!!!! and he only charged ?700 as opposed to the ?750 he first quoted. I am havin an alarm fitted in a couple of weeks too, with central locking and total closure which means if your roof and windows are down when you arm it they all go up automatically!!! 8)  or what.

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top

goredcabbie said

Go for it, he fitted me roof for me and put the window in for FREE!!!! and he only charged ?700 as opposed to the ?750 he first quoted. I am havin an alarm fitted in a couple of weeks too, with central locking and total closure which means if your roof and windows are down when you arm it they all go up automatically!!! 8)  or what.

NICE! 8) Need to wait until after the expensive Christmas period but yeah. Will go there I think.

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
Nice paint and liking the interior. Looking forward to seeing this finished :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
loving the new paint mate and the interior will look wicked…

On your alarm… you might have a problem with the hood locking down from alarm, unless you are going to change the locking handles?

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Yeah I realise about the roof not locking down, I will have to be there to lock it off but hey a small price to pay for a cool gadget like this!!! :lol:

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Nice paint and liking the interior. Looking forward to seeing this finished :wink:
Me too!! :lol:
Thanks for all your comments, I will be receiving a phone call on thursday to let me know if I can pick the car up this weekend, Keep your fingers crossed!! :wink:

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Gored thats looking really good m8 keep up the hard work.

James

1987 Golf Mk1 GTI 1.8 Cabrio

Back to the top
Why, thank you :mrgreen:

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Where ya get ya paint done? Anywhere in Donny?

Back to the top
Yeah, it's called Fine finish on Green lane in Scawthorpe. The guy that owns it is called Scott, he's really chilled and goes through everything with you. His number 07990717289, I said I would reccomend him on here so if you need a respray check him out.

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Been up to see my car today got new interior yay!!!! Not fixed in yet but should be done tomorrow. Rusty door still off but shouldn't be long before its sprayed and back on. Check out the pix.

Sorry they're a bit dark….

Some pix of me crispy door, the rust on here is all down to silicone being used to stop leaks. It is fatal for your car as it is acidic and eats into metal over time. DO NOT USE IT ON YOUR CAR!!!

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
looks great mate bet u cant wait to get it out on the road

Back to the top
looks a very nice paint job….interior is V nice too……….not keen on the lamps though…..i prefer standard look ones front and rear……..all this crystal stuff is a "Do" not worth doing in my humble opinion :lol:

besides your real retro if you keep standard lamps :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Yeah I know what you mean about the lamps. I'm not too sure about them my self yet, I have kept all my original lamps and might swap them back yet, I dunno. Gonna run with them for a few weeks to see if they grow on me.

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
seats look sweet, if your unsure about the lights an decide to sell i'll buy off ya.

seats wouldnt stay that nice for two minutes in mine lol

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Volksaction F
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.