Skip navigation

Cabbie resto.

Back to the top

Cabbie resto.

My little cabbie has finally gone off to the body shop to have its respray and resto. I thought I would share some photos with you. I went up to see it on monday, after being in France on me hols for a week, ans I was extremely pleased to find absolutley no rust or rot what so ever on my car!!!.
The clipper kit has been stripped off tho reveal a solid shell :dance: . This a great start, so no welding or body panels needed.
The interior will be coming out this week for a full retrim in leather so will post pix when I get them.
The photos below were taken on me phone but aren't too bad, gives you a good idea of whats been done so far though.

Can't believe how clean the wheel arches are!!

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Looks like a great shell - keep them pics coming  :D

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
good to see a sold mk1 cab being restored :)

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Thanks guys, i'm going up again tomorrow so I will get some more pix then. It should be getting well underway soon!!

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Nice work in progress :)

Back to the top
Got some more pix of me baby!!

Me engine looks pretty tidy, got some plans for that too, but will have to wait till next year, i'm spent up now!!!

This is what is holding up the work on my car, A 70 grand Lambo!!! Bloody Italian rubbish!!

Back to a proper car.

Roof off now and all windows out, just waiting for Mark to come and collect me interior. Should be starting work on that next week.

Had to do a bit of welding on the drivers door, and he found a dent in the bonnet and drivers side rear quarter but no other nasties so far :y:

Yikes!!
Thats it so far I am gonna go up again tomorrow to see what progress has been made. Hopefully that bloody Lambo will have sodded off by then!!

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Looking good so far. Must be pleased at how tidy the shell was! Where are you getting the bodywork done? I want a respray doing soon too and am in Sheffield…

Get some pics of the interior up once done too. Going to give the guy a call myself if it looks good.

Cheers
Alex

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
Having work done at,
Fine Finish
Panel beaters and car painters.
Syd Plumb ind est,
Green lane,
Scawthorpe,
Doncaster.
DN5 7UT.
When you call ask for Scott, he is a really nice laid back newzealand guy. Very helpful and explains everything in great detail. If you tell him I put you in touch with him, you never know he might knock a tenner off me bill, lol.
Hope this helps, will post more pix when I have them.

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Thanks for that fella. Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
how much you getting charged mate for all the prep, and spraying, if you don`t mind me asking.

are them pink wheels in the background going on your car.   :P

Back to the top
:lol:  Hideous aren't they. No they're not mine. It's costing me 1800 for all prep and paint and 750 for the interior. It's a lot of dosh but it will be well worth it in the end.

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
?1800's proppa good for a respray as long as the finnish is good,  

i was quoted ?350 for the front bumper alone on my clipper, an ?4000+ for the full car from

upton pannel beaters, i wouldnt trust them to paint my fence, i had a car repaird by them a few years ago, as smooth as a pineapple!!

lookin good so far, glad there was no rot hiding, i dare'nt look on mine.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Volksaction F

Back to the top
Been up for a visit today, the car is in primer and they are just flatting it down now ready for paint. It should be painted up by sat, and its as smooth as smooth can be. I cant believe how good it is there were loads of little dings and blemishes on there, not any more. It should be better than new when finished.
Have taken lots of pix but can't post them yet cuz my computers on the blink. Having to use the old one to post this.
I am replacing the carpet which has arrived today from Newton commercial. Its very nice almost too nice to go in a car!!.
Got new dash and centre console today. My dash is half grey and falling to bits I want the dash all black to match in with the new carpet. Only cost 20 quid from a guy in Dinnington!!
Hopefuly I will get my computer sorted this week so I can post all me pix.

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Right I got me computer up and running today so here are all the pix of progress so far. No paint yet :cry: it is still being flatted down but looks fab.

These are a couple of pix of the only rust we have found so far, on the drivers door. Not too bad and easily sorted, this was caused by silicon being squeezed in to prevent leaking and further rust spread. Do not use it on your car it is acidic and will corrode your car, fine for bathrooms rubbish for cars!!

Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!!…..

All clean and rust free under there, thank god!!

How I left it at the end of last week.

My main form of transport at the mo, untill it starts raining!

From this to…..

This!!
Primer on ready for flatting down.

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Got all the exterior trim now so i can back to black it. been to see my interior today, all I can say is wow!!. It looks amazing didn't have camera on me so no pix but its all finished now and ready to go in. Me car should be finished in about another week :y:
Here are some pix of me trim..

before…

After..

I'm on with the side trim now, its all looking nice an shiney :mrgreen: .

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Nice work, looking forward to seeing the respray finished :wink:

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Got some pix of me rear window frame. When I bought the car it had a new mohair roof fitted, but I soon found out that it leaked like a sieve around the rear window. Below you will see why….

No wonder it leaked it was well crispy!!!, what a waste of time replacing a roof if you keep the old rusty window!!
I bought a new window off caddyman on here for ?75. Took glass out and gave it rub down, rust treated it and painted it, looks like this now…

Cant wait to get it back on the car.
Been to see me car today its now got paint on it yay!!!!. Just got to flat it down and wax oil underneath, start rebuild on friday.

All me goodies waiting to go on the car!!!

Not long now!! :D

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
Looks good. You should have it ready for the nasty wet, cold winter. Perfect for a cabby! :wink:

At least it won't leak now you've fixed that rear window. My front was similar and that leaked like a good 'un.

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
Yeah me and my partner have been giggling about that. Just ready for all the rain and snow and salt on the roads!!!! Still no different from this summer really :lol: . I have replaced every single seal on the car too so no more puddles, I hope!!

'91 Cabbie clipper!!

Back to the top
New blower motor went in yesterday along with new dash, centre consol and front part of carpet. Been workin so no pix as yet but we do complete rebuild on monday so I will be there camera in hand. I get me car back next week  :dance:

'91 Cabbie clipper!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.