Skip navigation

Removing injector seats? Inserts? what they called lol

Back to the top

Removing injector seats? Inserts? what they called lol

sorted thanks anyway !!

Back to the top
Bringing this up again….

Am I right in think that the 12mm allen key goes down the centre of the seal to remove it? Does the whole dark bit come out and you unscrew the pink bit from it?

Reason I'm asking is cause some of the 'collars' on mine have broken off while replacing the injectors and they were leaking. Currently seal with silicone as a make do repair.

Dan

Back to the top
Yes the plastic sleeve is unscrewed by putting an allen key inside it, use a mirror to check yours if you are unsure :-) I think the allen key size is also different between the two (longer and shorter ones) and they both have different diameter threads, does anyone know the vw part code for the longer insert as one of mine is broken and VW are saying it is no longer available :-(

Thanks

Back to the top
So looking at the pictures…

is the part on the left a new part that screws onto a long piece? And the bit that has broken is the older version of the part on the left?

I'm picturing the parts insitu, would I use the allen key to run down inside the longer part on the right and it would unscrew from there? or does the allen key simply grip the plastic part?

Back to the top
From when I wound them out of my old dx head the ones on the left are the early versions and just wind into threads in the head with an allen key which grips inside it. The broken one is the later version (it has an air bleed through it, I think it may be for hydraulic heads) and also winds directly into the head by putting an allen key in it. If you look in the seats they have an allen key shape just past the o ring seat. hope that helps!

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.