Skip navigation

Janspeed Development

Back to the top

Janspeed Development

removal of centre box adds quite a bit to the db levels. assuming it's a performance system, it will most likely be louder than standard anyway.
go for the two box system

Back to the top
would it just be gti's you would be producing for or the whole range

1.1 up to 1.8 and even 1.5, 16 and 1.9 diesels?

hello!

Back to the top

rov716y said

from what i can gather we would start with the Gti system having said that there does not appear to be a huge difference in it really.

Loving any chrome or carbon bits...

Back to the top
I ran an old Supersprint mid-section and a piece of straight through pipe for the rear silencer, and it was loud and fun  8)

I'd say it was borderline legal at best, but it passed the MOT and I didn't get pulled over once. Having said that I could have been lucky on both counts.

For everyday use I'd say that both boxes would be a good idea. 2 or 2.5" tube also sounds good to me. Definitely a market for a 4-2-1 manifold too.

HTH

Rich

Back to the top

GOODVIBRATIONS said

rov716y said

from what i can gather we would start with the Gti system having said that there does not appear to be a huge difference in it really.

What about cabriolets? As they have different mounting locations

As for the 'how many box' debate. I say 2 box's definatly. With only one box it will sound like ya common saxo/corsa….loud as fuck, and just sound gay and chavvy. Which a mk1 is far from. Also without the middle box you will lose bottom end.

2 1/2 inch tailpipe is my choice

Back to the top
if a parts on general sale and its not road legal it has to say so! no warning no problem!

Back to the top

Mullet52 said

GOODVIBRATIONS said

rov716y said

What about cabriolets? As they have different mounting locations

As for the 'how many box' debate. I say 2 box's definatly. With only one box it will sound like ya common saxo/corsa….loud as *CENSORED*, and just sound gay and chavvy. Which a mk1 is far from. Also without the middle box you will lose bottom end.

2 1/2 inch tailpipe is my choice

We are going to do a test fit on my 86/87 cabriolet and a tintop, so we should cover all aspects fingers crossed.

Back to the top
Not moved QUITE yet but ( :evil: )....I might be interested in pimping up my exhaust! Cabby 1800 carb though.... :oops:

1990 MX5 Mazda
2003 VW Passat 130 Sport
Sylva Fury 'blade powered…

Back to the top
I had a Janspeed exhaust on a 2.8 special capri back in the early 80's and it cost a lot of money. I just managed to scrape the money together at the time. The bore of the exhaust was only just bigger than the original Ford exhaust but the performance and noise level was up. I thought that Janspeed developed exhausts with performance in mind, using state of the art computers. I never knew it was a guessing game.

What price are they going to be pitched at?

Back to the top

lhasa said

I never knew it was a guessing game.

Capri's Rock !
Its not a guessing game; its called finding out what people want/ Market research i suppose .

i was only after the tailpipe style and whther its worth developing a straight through system or keeping it boxed.

What price are they going to be pitched at?

still to be decided as its more than likely to be stainless it will land middle of the road, hopefully one of the lower priced stainless systems.

Back to the top

Thanks

Thanks guys and gals for all your input and advice.

If you ever want to do a rolling road gimme a PM ;)

Hopefully i can see a system being done for the mk1 very soon. As soon as i have the finished product in my hand i will get some pics and prices up…. be a nice group buy :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.