Skip navigation

Rob's Golf L **UPDATE 02/10/10 Page 9**

Back to the top

Rob's Golf L **UPDATE 02/10/10 Page 9**

Nooo dont let it be scrapped

If ya ever decide ya cant be bothered with it give me a shout I'll deffo take it off ya

Back to the top
Lots of progress happening thanks to me brother!

Take a look  :D

After………….

………and before!

Coming along nicely now.

Back to the top
Sweet car, love those banded steelies.  8)

Lick my Decals off baby!

Back to the top
Really pulling my fingers out now!

Old front panel cut off and inner wing rot cut out ready for new ones which I will be welding on this afternoon.

More updates later  :D

Back to the top
I'd forgotten about this thread - looking forward to seeing some progress now :)

Rich

Back to the top
Thanks matey! Front now on.

Only tacked on for now as I want to line up inner wings and outer wings before making final welding.

More to follow later  :D

Back to the top
looking awesome!

Back to the top
i've gotta do my front panel

putting it off tho

looks like a top job

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

i've gotta do my front panel

putting it off tho

looks like a top job

Me too ( on my crashed one )

Putting it off as well….

Rob, any chance of a diagram/directions on where all the spot welds are that  hold the front panel on at all ?!?! :)

Would be tip top.

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
Gold-mk1 and Jelly belly,

Sorry havent been for a while but do you still want a diagram?

Back to the top
After another fair while in tracking down some wings i've finally starting putting front end together to check panels line up.

Will be getting on with some more this week  :D

Back to the top
wow man great work its looking awsome.

how did you come across that great western railways plack they are worth a bit them.

keep on dubbing

Back to the top
My dad and bro cut it off years ago from a place that being re-developed so thought they would save it!

Makes a good wheel chock!

Back to the top
Been a while again but got myself a unit so all is good until it gets knocked down in 6 months which means I have to work hard so expect regular updates!

Removed dash (wish I didn't now but never mind)

Chopping out inner rear arch

Offering up new inner arch. Should be welded in place by tomorrow all being well!

Back to the top
I was starting to think the mk1 was history  :? , good to see you've kept the faith Rob.  Looking forward to see more of the project now its back on again, looks a well sized workshop to :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Back to the top
Nearly been history a few times now!

Workshop certainly helps with motivation. No need to worry about rubbish weather  :D

Back to the top
Tacked in place the front inner wing repair section. All looks well. Will properly weld when checked with the outer wing lined up.

Back to the top
Inner rear arch now welded in place.

After suggestions how to trim off repair panel to fit where i've cut the arch back to. Also see bodywork section.

Back to the top
I remember this thread from a few years back. Good to see it updated and taking shape.

What size tyres did you put on the front after banding to 7"? Do you know what ET this brings them to? Im guessing around ET20..

Back to the top

ross_m said

I remember this thread from a few years back. Good to see it updated and taking shape.

What size tyres did you put on the front after banding to 7"? Do you know what ET this brings them to? Im guessing around ET20..

If I remember right after doing the maths it worked out at ET19? So yes its about the 20 mark.

175 50 13 I used all round.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.