Skip navigation

After debating whether it should go.........

Back to the top

After debating whether it should go.........

Right, decided to get it in and get it all serviced and try to get it sorted for the MOT, here some pics:

I dont know when the last time the oil had been changed but the next picture shows the old oil on the left and the flush on the right, nnniiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeee:

As you can see i put a grill on and will be replacing the bumpers, 2 new tyres, the bootlid, replacing the roof lining and other little bits and bats but i need to get the lights sorting.

Back to the top
Is that exhaust mount on the block standard? I've never seen it before, but I'm not that familiar with small blocks engines.

Rich

Back to the top

mcscrew said

Is that exhaust mount on the block standard? I've never seen it before, but I'm not that familiar with small blocks engines.

Rich

Not too sure, will check on the red one and see if its the same.

Back to the top
Managed to get somemore work done sunday night and tonight.  I got all the locks sorted so they worked off one key, yay.  Got some new Kumho KU31 rubber for the rears

and some locking nuts to keep them twocers boys at bay

Changed the boot lid over as i getting annoyed opening the boot from the inside

Going to repair the arches this weekend and may fit a HID kit but will see what happens.

Back to the top

Pictures...

Can anyone see the pictures...?

Back to the top
is photobucket being gay again???

Back to the top
Went back down tonight and did some more work on the beast, lol.

I put a spare & a full jack set, boot carpet, parcel shelf and fitted the front seats in properly.

I changed the front and rear bumpers as i dont like the chrome strip and the front bumper bar was rotten and i also added the small splitter

I sticking my old reg on as i think its nicer and i promised my friends dad who i bought it off that i would bring the car back to the way i should be.  I got some final picks but was in dark so will get some morning shots tomorrow

Still got loads more to do over the weekend, let me know if you cant see pics.

Back to the top
managed to get some pics today

Back to the top

MK1 79Y

hey you,

the car is looking good, are you going to keep it blue??
i like the plate, i will get the paper work to you asap, but what are your plans with this one?

Back to the top
I like the mims!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

I like the mims!

Cheers mate, was thinking of changing them but i like them too much.  :D

Back to the top
Im still working on mine just hard to find time after work to get anything done!!!

Back to the top
i got the car now will post pics up soon

Back to the top

Back to the top
good project!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.