Skip navigation

k-jet/wont tick over and misfires

Back to the top

this definently sounds like fuelling. have you adjusted the co mixture? not the idle speed at the throttle body, the co mixture screw in the metering head? iif you have and all appears to be fine with the co, try unplugging the fith injector. otherwise, it's most probably fuel pressure.

Back to the top
but hes changed the whole fuelling system ffs

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
changing the fuel system will require recalibration of the co. what is the co running at? it sounds to me to be running overly rich. not lean. this does fit with running o.k. and then going lumpy and cutting out. exhaust gasses should not smell fumey if it's lean. it is possible that the 5th injector is on constantly wich would flood the engine and cause it to run rough and cut out. if the issue is not the pump, metering head, accumulator and all the other things changed, then it has to be something else. have you not read sherlock holmes?

where are you located mk1golfgti1983andfrustrated?

Back to the top
what about the wur, couldnt that be richenin it up to running level then leaning it out?? :dontknow:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

hey guys im located in bristol.im not sure wat the co is but it has been played with.the fuel pump i put on is a kimi one and looks slitely different to the old one.does this make ne difference?(the old 1 is a pierburg pump)pls help guys its doin my head in.many thanx :banghead:

Back to the top
pic of the pump??

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

il try and get sum tonite mate

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

what about the wur, couldnt that be richenin it up to running level then leaning it out?? :dontknow:

yes, but you have already mentioned the wur, so i didn't feel the need to mention it.

saying some one played with the co but you have no idea what it is set at, could well mean the co is still out. i'd look there first.

Back to the top

Back to the top
I think this could be ur walm up regulator! Its like an auto choke! It has a diaphragm inside that is governed by the temperature of the side the block! I'v tried all of the about ur not alone! N theres nothing worse than spending a whole day cleanin out fuel tank n strainer (i take it you are aware of the mesh stainer in the tank?) i'mtryin that next as it maybe constantly choking?

Back to the top
I think this could be ur walm up regulator! Its like an auto choke! It has a diaphragm inside that is governed by the temperature of the side the block! I'v tried all of the about ur not alone! N theres nothing worse than spending a whole day cleanin out fuel tank n strainer (i take it you are aware of the mesh stainer in the tank?) i'mtryin that next as it maybe constantly choking?

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.