Skip navigation

rollin road RESULT!!!!!!!!

Back to the top

rollin road RESULT!!!!!!!!

hes probally looking at a way to put his new mk1 on a diet what with the extra weight of the vr  :lol:

Back to the top
eating humble pie maybe?? :lol:  :lol:

80bhp :dontknow:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
ah you see who was the person that said 115bhp i was  :lol:  :lol:

closest anyway

would  mind sticking min e on the rollers soon g-tech pro says 196 bhp but im pretty sure it may be a little less :cry:

Back to the top
you ll need to book two rolling road days at different garages to convince me matey!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
:lol:  :lol: na ill just go to the one that gives the highest readings maybe ill get over 200bhp  8)  8)  8)

Back to the top
not meanin to worry you or owt, but theres a sportline down here 20vt on 308 8O

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
yeah and i bet he get so much traction  :lol:  :lol:

bring him to the strip mate lets have a play  :wink:

Back to the top
ive only ever seen the car in the garage.......

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
i lowered her today as well!!

was gonna put a few piccies up but no one will believe me so didnt bother!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

ive only ever seen the car in the garage…….

he must be a trailer queen then :lol:  :cry:

waits for pauls_c to give the correct term for that :lol:

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

wheres paul c :wink:

Well done mate, nice power figures. Its interesting analysing the graph, beyond 5000rpm torque takes a definite downward dive. In ideal conditions, you'd expect the torqur to gradually decline as revs increase (due to increased frictional losses as you rev higher). The sharp downward curve suggests you're leaning out towards the top end. I saw the same on my rolling road graph, in fact I posted it on CGTI which sparked a good debate on the optimum metering head. (The conclusion was, the stock 16V metering head was good up to around 180-200bhp).

Other options to check out are fuel pump and filter(s). If you have another run done, ask the guy to put the wideband lambda probe into the exhaust, so you can see the plot of air/fuel ratio too. Ideally you're looking for 12-13 (14.7 is stoichiometric, you achieve better power at the expense of higher emissions and fuel consumption, at lower AFR).

To avoid many trips to the rolling road after changing each part, I have bought a wideband lambda probe and data logger (Innovative LM1). Its just stuck in a Parcelforce depot, shouldn't be too long until I receive it. This means I can make a change and see the effect. My rolling road results showed that the car is all fine, except for the fuelling at the top end (similar shape to your graph).

Back to the top
see yet again dave i feel the need to tell you i told you so 8)  

did anyone find out weather the 1.6 metering did infact help at the higher rpms or is it just myth?

Back to the top

bens_cab said

see yet again dave i feel the need to tell you i told you so 8)  

did anyone find out weather the 1.6 metering did infact help at the higher rpms or is it just myth?

Until someone shows a dyno plot of a car with it fitted, its myth.

Back to the top
nice one paul

thinking about doing the shim mod next with audi wur rather than changing the metering head

ill test fuel pressure tho, filters newish but have considered using the later cabs larger one next time i change it

not gonna ask about the screw then :wink:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
not gonna ask about the screw then :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Fuel pressure test is handy for base running, but remember that you're modifying away from stock - a stock GTI engine does lean out at higher rpm, you're aiming to keep in the sweet zone to maximum rpm.

Back to the top
thought the metering head kept a maximum pressure?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Yes but its got to flow the fuel at the required delivery rate, at a consistent pressure, to keep the AFR right.

Back to the top
and i believe my injectors max at 49 whatever it is lb/?

so a pump that can outpump 4 injectors at max revs?

maybe a merc one??? :wink:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

and i believe my injectors max at 49 whatever it is lb/?

so a pump that can outpump 4 injectors at max revs?

maybe a merc one??? :wink:

Mechanical or electronic fuel injection? If we're still talking about K-Jet, then yes you can fit a fuel pump for a W123 or W124 (6 cylinder) 280E, 280CE, 300E, 300TE or 300CE.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.