Skip navigation

Child seats in a Mk1

Back to the top

Re: Child seats in a Mk1 cabby

Child seats in a Mk1

I needed a 3 point seatbelt in the back of my clipper as I needed to get my 3 year old daughter in the rear in a forward facing child seat (the type of child seat that doesn't have its own straps). After getting quoted silly prices ?200.00+ to have a seatbelt fitted I bought a securon racing harness for circa 40.00.

I bolted the the centre rear strap to the floor in the boot. The new harness then passes over the back of the rear seat (in between the gap in the parcel shelf and rear seat). The left and right fixing straps fit by undoing the the existing standard seatbelts, placing the new harness over the bolts and doing the the bolts back up again. So my daughter is held safely in her chair by this harness and if feeling extra wary I put the normal lap belt on her as well. To top it off she is really pleased as she thinks she is a "Lewis Hamilton". Let me know if you need pictures

Back to the top
Yes pictures would be nice as this may save our Cabby from being sold.

Back to the top
I had a similar problem in my cabby, i simply bought a universal 3 point inertia belt kit and used the lapbelt fixings and drilled one new hole in the wheelarch, made up a plate for strengthening and et voila! Works a treat :D

Back to the top
piccies, piccies !

Back to the top
any of you guys had any trouble with booster seats sliding around in the back of a tin top gti? My daughters booster seat slides forward out from underneath her after a while

Its one of those brittax ones that were on offer at hellfrauds not long back for ?13.  It has bolster bits for the lap belt bit of the belt to sit in but these dont seem to hold it that well - I think its because the seat sits on the black raised bolster on the bench seat as well as the bit you would normally sit on causing it to twist and slide forward????
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.