Skip navigation

20vt mk1

Back to the top

20vt mk1

MissMk1 said

hehe i found the thread, but still is it like the qpeng loom? which is better etc?? all i have is a loom from a mk4 gti and an Audi tt at the mo.

theres a ?1000 differance between them

Back to the top
what should i go for then Foxy? x

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top

Back to the top
Having read the MS manual last night (I know….don't say it), I'm pretty happy to set these things up. In fact, I reckon I could take Ben's map and improve on it a bit, by incorporating a wideband lambda sensor into the exhaust too. There's a lot of useful features in the Megasquirt these days, including Launch Control and Traction Control, could be worth having a play with these settings too.

Back to the top

Back to the top
well then paul can i hire you? hehe

Back to the top

paul_c said

Having read the MS manual last night (I know….don't say it), I'm pretty happy to set these things up. In fact, I reckon I could take Ben's map and improve on it a bit, by incorporating a wideband lambda sensor into the exhaust too. There's a lot of useful features in the Megasquirt these days, including Launch Control and Traction Control, could be worth having a play with these settings too.

thats the general idea paul even tho i have a good map it doesnt mean it will be the same on another engine and the main thing is to be happy with what your doing and not just jumping in the slightest change in settings can be a big change to the engine

now you have the lm-1 you will be the man  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

paul_c said

thats the general idea paul even tho i have a good map it doesnt mean it will be the same on another engine and the main thing is to be happy with what your doing and not just jumping in the slightest change in settings can be a big change to the engine

now you have the lm-1 you will be the man  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
double post just incase you missed it the first time  :lol:

Back to the top

MissMk1 said

Can't see why not, just been chatting to foxymk1 and Ben could be set up to provide Megasquirt boxes pre-mapped to a 20vT, with his own custom loom to connect it straight to the engine bits. Then you could simply plug it onto the engine and not need me at all!

Back to the top
(except to optimise the map)

Back to the top

paul_c said

MissMk1 said

Can't see why not, just been chatting to foxymk1 and Ben could be set up to provide Megasquirt boxes pre-mapped to a 20vT, with his own custom loom to connect it straight to the engine bits. Then you could simply plug it onto the engine and not need me at all!

there will be a few wires that need to be soldered and finding the right 12v switched feeds on a mk1 is a pain but not impossible

my car was mapped with a lm-1 so its pretty much bang on now even at cruise im seeing 38mpg wonder how many mk1s do that  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ans optimise is a good word youll have hours of fun seeing how the map bins adjust things

you can download the tuning software for free as play around with it without it connected to the ecu ill find a link

Back to the top
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/software/Megatune_Extra_Installer.exe

this should work you will need to configure it to the code you want the ecu will come with the lastest code 029v i think it is now

just to show you how quickly ms is progressing i started on 029j as the code changes or more things get added it gets updated

paul with your pc background this should be right up your street :wink:

Back to the top
hurray!!!

Back to the top
so paul how long did it take to read the manual

so far ive read it 10 times they reckon read it until your eyes bleed  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

so paul how long did it take to read the manual

so far ive read it 10 times they reckon read it until your eyes bleed  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I read it once through, and I've dipped back into it. I was bored, after all I'd been reading the Bosch Automotive Handbook (6th edition), 1232 pages of technical information on all aspects of modern car technology. So I'm kinda at a loose end.

Back to the top
most people would say you need to get out more but hey its all good in the long run

plus it shows you how engines and ecus works together and what changes can be made makes the oem ecus look like a waste of time once you start playing around with a few settings

8)

Back to the top

bens_cab said

most people would say you need to get out more

Nah, I'll be alright. If I want affection, I can buy a puppy.

Back to the top
ALL THAT READUNG, im abit dislexic so i find it hard work to read all that
im a practical person, not academic

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

ALL THAT READUNG, im abit dislexic so i find it hard work to read all that
im a practical person, not academic

bit like me then thinck as to short planks but very good with my hands :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.