Skip navigation

20vt mk1

Back to the top

20vt mk1

right you lot its time to do this car, iv had it for 6months and not touched it, but now the white one has gone to the new owner i thought id focus on it, so here are sum pics ov wat been done so far and i will keep you posted

found some rot in the strangest places

front wing got a good seeing to then zinked in all the right places

then primed ready for a good wet flat then primed again to get FLAT

spent 5 hrs doin the underside of the bonnet theN ZINKED IT

Pic of paul.c doin his thing to my hinge

after he did his thing

Back to the top
things are looking good mate. The wings are awesome!  :D

Back to the top
cheers mate, priming the under side of the bonnet tomorrow, mite paint the wing to see wat the color is like,

Back to the top
I had a go at wire brushing and painting my bonnet and the phrase 'you can't polish a turd' came to mind when I looked at my days work.  :|

?190 later and a new VAG bonnet is in my garage.  8O  :D

I have every faith in you though!  :wink:

Back to the top
i have a knotted wheel on a grinder, does a good job too, you got to be botherd to do this as it is a crap job, plus you have to clean it with thinners or a good degeaser, then prim it then rub it then possabley prim again, well wourth the effot

Back to the top
good to see pauls working hard let me know when the 20v is going in and ill try to help you where i can on the phone or email either is ok paul has my number

what you doing about the ecu and loom you going with megasquirt?

Back to the top
megaquirt is a good option, but i am not sure yet as its all way above my head at the mo so will need lots ov help in that department, but the rest seems easy enough, thnx for offer ben i will be in touch soon :y:

Back to the top
yeah it can be a bit like that to start with im thinking of getting a ms loom and trying to make a kinda of plug and play system for the megasquirt into mk1s its not somthing that will be done in the next month or but its defo on the cards

the main problem is the mk1 fuesbox i can make a loom now that only needs 8 wires cutting and attaching which is pretty easy ill see if i can get the 18t plugs this week and see how hard it is to do

ive got the test bed on the garden  :lol:

Back to the top

Back to the top
hang onto that for the moment theres a aeb lump with loom down the scrappy in a passat i only need the plugs so will go down armed with some side cutters

and yes you may be the guinea pig for this but you have a secret weapon hes called paul_c

just trying to think what wire on the car you would needs

rev counter
temp gauge
fuel pump(s)
4 12v switched lives
earths

ill even do an idiot guide wiring diagram i needed one :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ive disabled my dash oil lights and have oil temp and pressure gauges makes it easier lol

most of the wiring goes to the ecu so that would already be done via the db37 connector

Back to the top

Back to the top
worse case ill be doing a road trip :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

any excuse for a burger and beer :wink:

Back to the top
your more than welcomr mate, am putting engine in nxt wknd for trial fit before i paint the bay want be getting it running though,

Back to the top
yeah your a bit far from me it would be a serios roadtrip so i think itll be a phone and email thing :lol:

Back to the top
sounds very interesting foxy!!! i will be keeping an eye on this thread :)

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top

MissMk1 said

sounds very interesting foxy!!! i will be keeping an eye on this thread :)

theres no reason why this kind of conversion using megasquirt shouldnt be made as easy as possible which is why im going to do the loom thing

the easier it is the more people will use it i have about 4 different maps now ranging from base with all the settings to 1bar boost map even have a safe 7pi map

so the hard work is done  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
i'm a bit of a novice when it comes to this megasquirt thing and i'm starting the conversion myself in the next few weeks. would anybody be so kind as to tell me what its for and what it does etc?? is it wiring like the qpeng plug and play???

(I'm oblivious to this lol but eager to learn!)

Back to the top
hehe i found the thread, but still is it like the qpeng loom? which is better etc?? all i have is a loom from a mk4 gti and an Audi tt at the mo.

Back to the top
megasquirt is the stand alone negine management that will control the engine

its fully mapable so you can keep modifying the engine and still be able to adjust fueling and spark ect

for what it cost to get the oem ecu de immobilised its cheaper to use megasquirt

so far i have 4 other people that have got the cars running using ms its no walk in the park and can take a while to get your head round it but once its running your laughing

just wish i could pack my job in and go on the road installing ms now that would be the life :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Especially since random pics of me working on the car are popping up!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.