Skip navigation

Shall we have a wee meet?

Back to the top

Shall we have a wee meet?

scottish meet anyone?

'83 MK I Golf 1.3CL

Back to the top
aye.

where are you? i'm on west coast (near largs).

a wee bit about me: (just so u get an idea of the type of people on the meet)
21 year old originally from glasgow, just finished uni and picking up a wee black GTI cab early next week for summer funs in Europe.

Suggestions for meet: Meet in Glasgow(centralish) do some cruising in Glasgow to entertain the neds and then take a wee drive out to West coast(nice drive)…there is a marina here for nice Clyde themed photoshoot, and across from that my da's got a chippy (being a scottish tally) and there's a coffee shop for a wee blether.

I pick up my first ever mk1 early next week from Manchester! gonna bus it down and hope it's as described! I'm away all of August…so the best time for me is later in July, thoughts?

Anyway, bit of a long reply, but yeah, count me in and let me know what u think?

Cheers,

Tony

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top
that sounds like a well thought plan, did u do planning and development at uni then LoL.

yes the west coast is good for me but for the edinbugh folk i think this is a far bit to travel.  maybe get somewhere in the center of scotland as this would suit everyone. i'm easy.  

i'm a 22year old. working, not living off the other tax payers!  :|

got me my MK1 outside me drive awaiting new brake lines n other wee bits n bobs.  so i'll be in my 2nd car.

we need more folk to reply to this!!!!!

'83 MK I Golf 1.3CL

Back to the top
I would be up for this. Really would need to do it on a nice day though!  :oops:

From Edinburgh so would be quite the road trip! :D

Back to the top
I was at uni in Edinburgh and drove to uni and back every day.

160 mile round trip….but you're in your mk1!! loving it.

I'll tell you why this route came to mind when I see you at our meet, it's a long story.

I am working too if you're implying i'm a tax dodger, just not getting a 9-5 till after August…16 years in education is quite the sentence.

When will the golf be fixed up Day? is it possible it could be on the road before august?

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top
I'ld be up for this, just depends what day and when as l'm very busy at work and like some folk MKI is no gonna be ready for a while yet, so would come in something else.
cheers Paul

Back to the top
Well if nobody else is going in their mk1, neither am I!!!!  :roll:  :lol:

Back to the top
right guys, u realise if u don't come in a mk1 we're just a bunch of guys meeting up for a coffee with probably very little to talk about.

Back to the top

marsredgti said

Well if nobody else is going in their mk1, neither am I!!!!  :roll:  :lol:

has everyone got a second car?!!!

im trying to get rid of the merc and move over to the golf as my daily driver but if you all have a second car then maybe i should keep it lol.

is livingston not in the center?

meant to add:

mine needs fuel filler replaced,  full brake pipes replaced, maybe new carb, total clean out, MOT and TAX and then i can bring it.

LoL

'83 MK I Golf 1.3CL

Back to the top
ill show just changing engine over in my other golf just need a date it should be running again this week  :D  :D

Back to the top
excellent…

so far we got one golf!

I am picking mine up early this week if it's as described, so that's maybe 2…can anyone else show in a wee beast to make it a grand 3 vw's worth meeting up for??

Back to the top
I'd be up for it,  but, I'm on the east coast ….
a trip thru the west would be a bit of a trek.
Would depend on where, when, etc
I've got a Mk1 GTi to bring to the meet, see below

Cheers

Eck

Back to the top
I'm in, so there's three!

Eck just needs some persuading, but he is in too.  :wink:

Back to the top
Excellent….so there's now definitely 3 and possibly mine, 4. (even though it's a cab… :) )

So…of 4 drivers, 2 are from Glasgow, 2 are from Edinburgh, and most others are coming in an astra, so I feel it's fair if we meet somewhere in the middle?

I am willing to drive to Edinburgh, so we have a nice wee drive to fit into our meet, we could drive round by grassmarket and up to royal mile, tourists would love it…

Anyway, the first most important thing is time….When is good for everyone to meet?  For example…..shot in the dark…how is Sunday 22nd July for everyone??

Let me know, and then we'll worry about meet plans, like what to wear :roll: ….or that.

Back to the top
p.s. nice car eck !!

I should hopefully also have a black '83 GTI with the BBS alloys.  just no roof.

Back to the top
I can do the 22nd of July.  :D

Back to the top
hay guys ill be up for this like.......will need to turn up in the mk2 thou, mk1 not be ready yet.....but would be gd to see some of u guys ones......iam in fife......so not that far away...lol

Back to the top
Sunday 22nd should be okay for me.

Does someone want to arrange a time & a place?

I've got a booze session planned for the 21st so hopefully not too fragile.
A mate of mine has a floppy top, so I'll try & get him to come along as well.

Wee tony wrote:
p.s. nice car eck !!

Cheers dude, the pic was taken over a year ago by the previous owner, haven't taken any of my own yet. Went down to Sandhurst (outside London) & bought her about four weeks ago. Only took 8.5 hrs to drive back up!!! She's still in good condition for a 24yr old though the paint isn't as shiny as in the photo. Only problem I've had so far (touch wood  :pray: ) was the rear brakes binding on, luckily, it was easily enough fixed.

Back to the top
well where is everyone from? and we'll pick somewhere in the center.

22nd is good for me.

dare i ask is anyone heading over to the F+M show on the 15th?

'83 MK I Golf 1.3CL

Back to the top
start a list:

marsredgti- edinburgh (can do 22nd)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.