Skip navigation

Back From Garage! Run out of ideas!! Please HELP!!

Back to the top

Back From Garage! Run out of ideas!! Please HELP!!

i have checked that didnt seem to make any difference!!

i am getting little pops from exhaust yes… wats this mean??

Back to the top
beans in the fuel tank

Back to the top
check the following

1, loosen the dizzy get a timing light and double check again try turning the dizzy slightly either way and see if it improves

2, being a cab you will have a lift pump in the tank check its working and theres power ther

3, go fising in the fuel tank with a big magnet

4,my old favourite fuel acummilator have a look and see if it wet on the end where the screw is

and if none of these are the fault scrap it  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I am not scrapping it lol i love it!!

I got it back from garage and they said the mixture is way out, also i have a split in the rocker cover T pipe, and the rocker cover gauze is clogged up with oil!!

so i will be changing the pipe and cleaning the gauze then getting the mixture set up propperly then fingers crossed she will be alive!!

Back to the top
Something else nobody has thought about is if the timing belt is a tooth off. This could cause a sever lack of power. I know that since this things use rubber bands for timeing belts that sometimes they slip. Especailly if your tensioner isn't really in good shape. Or isn't set quite right depending on which one you have in there. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out.

This like a big game a bunch of use buzz in and try our luck.

Back to the top
Timing was checked and belt was changeda few weeks ago then double check by garage!!

rite still not working i am in the process of changing both the fuel pumps atm to see if that helps!! one was making a rather weird noise sounded like it was being over worked!!

if its not that then i am deffo out of ideas!!

Back to the top

wooders said

sounds very much like low fuel pressure. could well be fuel mixture too.
 if you do not have an exhaust gas analyser, try it the old fashioned way. at least it's it's free and may help solve the problem.
 there is a tube sticking up on the metering head, between the rubber egg boot thingy and the metering unit (bit the fuel lines are attached to). using a long 3mm allen key, very gently insert and turn anti clockwise to lean (i'd go this way first) and clockwise to richen. important to try not to apply downward pressure while doing this. if you go one way till it tries to stall, note that point, then go the other way until it does the same. go back 2/3 towards lean. rough but it should be a whole lot better if that is the problem. before you do this, out of curiousity, unplug the cold start injector and see if it makes any difference.
 worth taking the plugs out and seeing if they are grey/black. clean up and pop back in.
 if that works, happy days, but it does sound like fuel pressure. are you getting pops from the exhaust?

I will be trying this tomorrow on mine, if it works, I will PM you a slice of my birthday cake.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack BTW.

Back to the top
i have changed the pumps and this has not seemed to change anything…

the system is pressurised tho!!

i will try the mixture thing tonite too!!

thanks

Back to the top
It's worked for me  :D

Good luck with yours mate.

Back to the top

RobinM said

It's worked for me  :D

Good luck with yours mate.

where's my slice of cake then?

Back to the top
RIght….

i checked my injectors, only one was working propperly (may have even been over fueling), the othe 3 were either dribbling or only half spraying number 2 injector continues to spray petrol out for aroun 2-4 minuites after the pump is turned off!!

i have ordered some new injectors and fingers crossed this will solve my problem!!

Waht you guys think?

:-)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.